Victory Gundam/Late U.C - What happened to Londo Bell?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Crosswire40

Victory Gundam/Late U.C - What happened to Londo Bell?

What Happened to Londo Bell?

So I've been thinking for a while and I have to ask, what happened to Londo Bell in late U.C?

Londo Bell was established after the First Neo Zeon war and were basically the diet version of the Titans. A group meant to hunt down Zeon Remnants and anti-Federation dissidents, just minus the snazzy black uniforms and the hideous war crimes.

They played a major part in the Second Neo Zeon War and grew pretty significantly to deal with the threat of Zeon Remnants and the "Sleeves" after the fact. However despite having such a major part in things, they're nowhere to be found or even mentioned in F91 or Victory Gundam.

The latest I believe they're mentioned is in the "Gundam F91 Silhouette Formula" manga, but I might very well be mistaken.

I believe that following the re-integration of the Republic of Zeon in U.C 100, the Federation massively scaled back the funding and size of Londo Bell.
With the gradual death of Zeonism, its likely that the Federation believed there was no point in giving Londo Bell so much funding and personnel. The one and arguably only threat to the Federation was gone, so the government believed such measures weren't necessary anymore.

Londo Bell continued to exist for a few years after the fact, dealing with smaller terrorist groups and such. However by the time U.C 120 rolled around Londo Bell was a very small special forces group, opposed to the large taskforce they had been years prior.

After all in the Gundam F90 manga, its not a Londo Bell taskforce that's sent to Mars to deal with Mars Zeon, just a regular Federation Fleet.

Following the war with the Crossbone Vanguard, its likely that Londo Bell was disbanded in its entirety during the 30 years lull in conflict. Corruption in the EF government, budget issues, or possibly some mistake in the organization (such as an attempted coup) likely brought about its end.

By the outbreak of the Zanscare War in U.C 153, Londo Bell either no longer exists as an institution, or they exist but have so little funding that they might as well only exist on paper.

Those are just my ideas on the matter, I'm interested to hear what the rest of you think.
Mafty

Re: Victory Gundam/Late U.C - What happened to Londo Bell?

It seems like Londo Bell was probably downgraded after the end of the Second Neo Zeon War, under the mistaken belief that this is the end of all conflicts. In F91 Clop Cruisers, Jeagans, and even a Ra Callium class ship are shown during the battle scenes. During CCA these were top of the line pieces of equiment given to the Londo Bell task force, so it seems they still exist in some capacity. However as the Jegans and Clops get outclassed, they are downgraded and enter mainstream military use, the Federation in paticularly seems to hold on to ships decades after the line becomes obsolete.

Furthermore (SPOILERS)the fleet of Clop Class ships and Jegans are decimated during the movies final battle, so it seems like this was Londo Bells last stand; they are wiped out, and the federation never bothers to replace them.Indeed thirty years later the Federation sees more fit to join forces with a resistance movenment, then form any kind of taskforce to deal with a full scale earth invasion.

So it seems ultimately London Bell became a victim of the Earth Federations stagnation, and ended up wiped out because of it.

On a similar note is it Londo Bell or the EFF in general that's battling Mafty in Hathways Flash?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Victory Gundam/Late U.C - What happened to Londo Bell?

Crosswire40 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 am What Happened to Londo Bell?

So I've been thinking for a while and I have to ask, what happened to Londo Bell in late U.C?
They were reorganized and became the EFF 13th Independent Unit c. Hathaway's Flash.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...