How exactly do internal Phase Shift armor work?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
False Prophet

How exactly do internal Phase Shift armor work?

So, how exactly does applying Phase Shift technology onto the mobile suit's internal frame (Strike Freedom and Destiny) help with movements? Is it like the UC's magnetic joint coating that it reduces friction?
Seto Kaiba

Re: How exactly do internal Phase Shift armor work?

The way I've seen it described, the phase shift armor was only applied to the frame at the joints as a way to improve overall mobility without sacrificing defensive capability.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
False Prophet

Seto Kaiba wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:58 am The way I've seen it described, the phase shift armor was only applied to the frame at the joints as a way to improve overall mobility without sacrificing defensive capability.
I don't remember SEED MS have joints that are that exposed... How could Phase Shift improve their mobility?

Also, didn't the Destiny Impulse had some trouble with weak frame, and so ZAFT decided to make a non-Core Splendor MS for the Destiny pack alone?
yazi88

Destiny Impulse's frame was no different from regular Impulse's frame. It had some fixed modifications to handle the Destiny Silhouette, which itself was not suitable for the Impulse due to all those weapons. Hence why the Destiny Impulse was shelved and the Destiny Gundam's base body was made from scratch but used data from Impulse's packs.

Destiny and Strike Freedom have a special inner armor parts to help with ease of movement and mobility. And it was in the MG kits that added in the info about joints being exposed with a special glow and the internal phase shift materials used like magnetic coating.
John-Luck Pickerd

Because acceleration and g-force can do a number on machinery as well, PS-armor will improve the structural strength, and allow the joints to handle more of those and thereby move faster. Not to mention PS-armor would also be more resistant to the heat generated from the friction as well.

I suspect the japanse wikipedia page would have more answers on this topic, since Seed technical stuff rarely gets translated compared to say, UC. Ofc wikipedia is not 100% true, but most of the time they should have references.