Gihren as father of Glemmy, Puru and Alicia

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
False Prophet

Gihren as father of Glemmy, Puru and Alicia

Someone said to me that this book acknowledges that Glemmy, Puru and Alicia Zabi were artificially conceived from Gihren's sperm and three different female donors. Have anyone here read this book and can confirm it? And, how believable are these explanations in your opinion?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Gihren as father of Glemmy, Puru and Alicia

False Prophet wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:50 am Someone said to me that this book acknowledges that Glemmy, Puru and Alicia Zabi were artificially conceived from Gihren's sperm and three different female donors. Have anyone here read this book and can confirm it? And, how believable are these explanations in your opinion?
This may or may not be one of those "depending on the version" kind of things.

The Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ anime stops at a single remark implying that Glemy Toto has some relation to the Zabi family. It's in Akinori Endo's novelization of the series where Glemy is publicly rumored to be a secret child of Degwin Sodo Zabi sent to live with the Toto family to protect him from the political intrigues surrounding the Zabi family, though was later revealed to be a genetically-engineered newtype "designer baby" created with the DNA of Gihren Zabi and an unknown newtype mother. The same unknown newtype woman is indicated to also be Ple One and Ple Two's genetic mother, albeit with a different father, making them half-sisters to Glemy created using much the same genetic engineering process.

The The Plot to Assassinate Gihren Zabi manga has a scene where several highly-ranked Zeon officers spend some time speculating about the origins of the mysterious young man the noble (and childless) Toto family took in. One set of theories aired during that discussion was that Glemy was either Gihren Zabi's "secret son" (implying he's Gihren's illegitimate child with a mistress) or potentially even just a clone of Gihren himself.

While I know it's a "nurture" not "nature" kind of thing, I think Glemy does too good of an impression of being a not-completely-awful human being to be a Zabi. Since he's a blonde, I could see him maybe being Gihren's illegitimate son via his secretary and suspected mistress Cecilia Irene. He looks and acts too different to be a straight clone of Gihren, IMO. Ensuring that he'd have a newtype child to carry on his particular version of Zeon Deikun's vision does feel pretty consistent with Gihren's ethos though, even if he'd have to go behind his wife's back to do it.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
False Prophet

Well, the Zabi did have Garma, so there were not-so-bad Zabi too--in fact Glemmy fell to me like a smarter Garma that actually played the power game.

Now, if Glemmy is really a clone, I wonder then why wouldn't they just clone Char instead of turning people into Cyber-Newtype copy of him (Full Frontal and Zoltan Akkanen). I suppose that you would need several samples of a person to actually clone him/her, and Char would never allow others to clone him, preferring that his war ended with him and Amuro.
Deacon Blues

I think it's a bit of a stretch for Alicia to be in there. AOZ reboot is a bit... Disorganized? That and nothing else (that I've seen) have ever referenced what's supposedly transpiring on Mars.
False Prophet

Deacon Blues wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:15 am I think it's a bit of a stretch for Alicia to be in there. AOZ reboot is a bit... Disorganized? That and nothing else (that I've seen) have ever referenced what's supposedly transpiring on Mars.
Well AOZ has always existed in its kind-of-a bubble, right? I can't imagine the chaos if some of the later MA from Titan Test Team were unleashed at Zedan.
Seto Kaiba

False Prophet wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:17 am Now, if Glemmy is really a clone, I wonder then why wouldn't they just clone Char instead of turning people into Cyber-Newtype copy of him (Full Frontal and Zoltan Akkanen).
Probably for lack of an appropriate sample of Char... and the fact that the original was still very much around to get cross about it. Neo Zeon only started trying to clone Char after Char was generally believed to be very very dead.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
False Prophet

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 am Probably for lack of an appropriate sample of Char... and the fact that the original was still very much around to get cross about it. Neo Zeon only started trying to clone Char after Char was generally believed to be very very dead.
Say, we know that SNRI has their hand on two AI based on Amuro and Char respectively. I wonder if in the later case they acquired it from the program to create Full Frontal, or taken from anything that Arlette brought back from Axis, or they just built it from scratch.
JEFFPIATT

False Prophet wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:12 am
Seto Kaiba wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 am Probably for lack of an appropriate sample of Char... and the fact that the original was still very much around to get cross about it. Neo Zeon only started trying to clone Char after Char was generally believed to be very very dead.
Say, we know that SNRI has their hand on two AI based on Amuro and Char respectively. I wonder if in the later case they acquired it from the program to create Full Frontal, or taken from anything that Arlette brought back from Axis, or they just built it from scratch.
the AR AI in the F90 unit 1 was made using the combat data from the learning computer combat data from Amuro Ray's FF-X7 Core Fighter.
the AI in unit 2 was made from Char's combat data from the Zeong recovered from it's head fighter by the EFSF.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

we can be pretty sure that at least one of the female donors was Cecilia Irene even thought there is no lore mention of this. She was Gihren's secretary
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Dark Duel

I can't remember where I read this, so take it with a grain of salt - but I seem to vaguely recall reading somewhere that she might also have been his mistress.

If anyone can confirm whether or not this is something that was indeed mentioned or implied somewhere, I'd be curious.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
bilbros

I seem to vaguely recall reading somewhere that she might also have been his mistress.
This happens in the original Mobile Suit Gundam novels by Tomino, which however should be considered as an alternative reality compared to the anime (by the way, here Cecilia Irene is described with a quite different aspect from what we are used to)
Dark Duel

The novels, huh? Yeah, I vaguely remember that a lot was quite different between the novels and the series, but it's been probably 7 or 8 years since I read them, so I guess that's why I couldn't remember exactly.

But yeah, they're completely incompatible with the anime, I do remember that much.

Thanks for clarifying.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mafty

Cecilia being the donor makes a lot of sense, as she resembles both Glemmy and Elpeo.