Voltes V Legacy

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Henyo

Voltes V Legacy

so 2019 has ended here in the Philippines, and one of the local channel finally dropped the trailer for the long rumored live action version of Voltes. V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBl6HicWaPc

Voltes is a VERY BIG deal in the Philippines(more or less becoming its National Super Robot bearing the likes of Mazinger and Gundam) many an anime/mecha fans are not expecting much from this project. especially with the results of Shaider sequel Zaido and live action version of Lupin III.

personally, i was impressed. not really had hopes that they'd used models like Ultraman or Super Sentai but what they showed looks promising.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Re: Voltes V Legacy

It's almost impossible, but I wish they take a hint from Hasegawa's one shot Voltes VII
Spoiler
which has Heinel (now with a broken horn) piloting upgrade parts for the Voltes.
My girlfriend was a loli.
hitokirigarou

Kuruni wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:49 amIt's almost impossible, but I wish they take a hint from Hasegawa's one shot Voltes VII
One shot? Choudenji Taisen Victory Five had multiple chapters that were collected into two volumes. It later had a sequel, God Bird, which introduces Hasegawa's version of Reideen.
Kuruni

Cool. I found it in anthology book along with other unrelate stories, so I thought it's one shot.
My girlfriend was a loli.
hitokirigarou

The "five" in the manga's title refers to five robots: Com-Battler V6, Voltes VII, Daimos, Phobos (Daimos' partner/sister robot piloted by Erika), and Magne Kong (alternate mode of the protagonists' mothership, Magne Bird).

Later on in the manga, the Daltanious takes Magne Kong's place.
Henyo

some info has surfaced about the show..it should be taken with a grain of salt though.

first off, the show will be seasonal unlike most prime time shows in the Philippines, which airs 5 times a day.
second, the effects studio working on it is also behind Encantadia. that show is considered one of the best SFX shows to come out in recent times(so much that it got a remake some 2 years ago)
one of thei conditions to work on the show is that it be seasonal/finished before it airs.

last is that Toei is involved in the work in a larger capacity that what happened with the Supposed Shaider sequel Zaido.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!