Yoshiyuki Tomino on the Gundam Unicorn novels

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Epic SA-X Guy

Yoshiyuki Tomino on the Gundam Unicorn novels

Forgive me if this doesn't warrant its own thread but I was wondering if there are any sources for how Tomino feels about Unicorn, or Fukui in general?

Reason I ask is because /m/ seem to have it in their heads that Tomino hates Fukui (probably because they hate Fukui) but I seem to remember reading, probably on this very board, that before the first Unicorn novel came out, Fukui sent Tomino an outline of the story and Tomino sent back 'A story to rival my own' although I can't find the source for it.
yazi88

Re: Yoshiyuki Tomino on the Gundam Unicorn novels

Fukui is not a stranger to Gundam works before Unicorn. He wrote the Turn A novels.
MythSearcher

Re: Yoshiyuki Tomino on the Gundam Unicorn novels

Let's say Fukui is a stalker level Tomino fanboy, and he has no shame in admitting that openly (that he is a fanboy, not stalker)

Tomino doesn't give much comment about Fukui personally, but about Gundam UC(Unicorn), he said "Oh, I watched episode 1 and 2. I am not satisfy with even my own works, you think I will be satisfy with the work of others?" when asked.
Other than that, it seems like their relationship isn't bad. Some people even labelled Fukui as the disciple of Tomino.(Fukui says he is intentionally following Tomino's style by reading his writtings)