MAHQ agenda

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
degwin_zabi

MAHQ agenda

So from what I understand, MAHQ only details mecha stuff from the mecha themselves to the anime and such they're in. Not a bad course of action, and I can understand if no one wants to overcrowd the site, but I think that MAHQ should have some more material. Take http://www.startrek.com/database_article_navigator and http://www.starwars.com/databank for examples. They got the technology, plots, and characters among a great many other things. Pay heed, this is just a suggestion and it's up to the people actually in charge to decide whether or not to take it seriously.
Chris
Administrator

Re: MAHQ agenda

Unfortunately, that kind of stuff isn't going to happen. It already takes enough time to work on the site as-is, and there simply isn't the time or resources to add all that sort of stuff. I also have no interest in adding that sort of stuff because it goes far beyond the site's mission.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
degwin_zabi

Chris wrote:Unfortunately, that kind of stuff isn't going to happen. It already takes enough time to work on the site as-is, and there simply isn't the time or resources to add all that sort of stuff. I also have no interest in adding that sort of stuff because it goes far beyond the site's mission.
How so? And there's no need to fret. You can always start at one thing at a time and ask for help. It's the MAHQ's decision.
ShadowCell

degwin_zabi wrote:How so? And there's no need to fret. You can always start at one thing at a time and ask for help. It's the MAHQ's decision.
chris if you don't respond to this with something along the lines of "I AM THE MAHQ" i will be severely disappointed in you

c:
toysdream

Well, it's not like Chris has a lot of choice about how Chris responds. That's a decision for Chris. :-)

-- Mark
Chris
Administrator

degwin_zabi wrote:How so? And there's no need to fret. You can always start at one thing at a time and ask for help. It's the MAHQ's decision.
To paraphrase a certain drug dealer with a science degree, I am the one who updates. Despite all the work that contributors help with, I'm the one who has to put everything into pages and do the updates. I can barely keep up with mecha updates as it is now, and dividing my attention further will cause things to fall behind more. The core mission is mecha profiles and anime reviews, and that's what I want to stick to. MAHQ doesn't have to be all things for all people. If people want to start their own sites covering characters, technology and all that world stuff, more power to them.
degwin_zabi

So much for my idea.
ShadowCell

isn't this basically what gundam wiki is trying to do anyways?
degwin_zabi

ShadowCell wrote:isn't this basically what gundam wiki is trying to do anyways?
Yeah, but it's not like it's overflowing with accurate information. I don't know maybe it's just me.
Chris
Administrator

degwin_zabi wrote:
Yeah, but it's not like it's overflowing with accurate information. I don't know maybe it's just me.
No, it's not just you. Gundam Wiki is full of garbage information, but it's not my job or responsibility to prop up MAHQ as the counterweight to that. Matching the sheer volume of that is a full-time job that no one is paying me for.
degwin_zabi

Chris wrote:
degwin_zabi wrote:
No, it's not just you. Gundam Wiki is full of garbage information, but it's not my job or responsibility to prop up MAHQ as the counterweight to that. Matching the sheer volume of that is a full-time job that no one is paying me for.
I like to think it has some potential. But unfortunately, Gundam is apparently not as famous or well imported as Dragon Ball, so there's not a lot of complete details or users well versed in Japanese. Talk about a bad shuffle.
HussarZwei

Chris wrote:Gundam Wiki is full of garbage information, but it's not my job or responsibility to prop up MAHQ as the counterweight to that. Matching the sheer volume of that is a full-time job that no one is paying me for.
If MAHQ is not meant to be the counterweight to Gundam Wiki, then is there an alternative we can use? Like how Lexicanum is an alternative to Warhammer 40K Wiki?
Kuruni

Dude, MAHQ is around much longer than Gundam Wiki.
My girlfriend was a loli.
HussarZwei

Kuruni wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:12 am Dude, MAHQ is around much longer than Gundam Wiki.
True, but that doesn't answer my question. Don't get me wrong, MAHQ is a great website (better than Gundam Wiki, that goes without saying), but it doesn't match the scope of a website like Lexicanum. And yes, I am aware that Chris has stated this was never his intention for MAHQ.
Kuruni

You said "If MAHQ is not meant to be the counterweight to Gundam Wiki". How can something made to be counterweight of something that wasn'tnot exist then?
HussarZwei wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 am but it doesn't match the scope of a website like Lexicanum.
You can start your own Wiki or website. Don't get high hope though.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Seto Kaiba

It'd probably help if we answered the actual question instead of arguing semantics, eh?
HussarZwei wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 am [...] then is there an alternative we can use? Like how Lexicanum is an alternative to Warhammer 40K Wiki?
None that leaps to mind... and I'm not crass enough to do something like suggest with a straight face that you learn another language just to get information about giant robots.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...