Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Deathzealot

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Looks freaking awesome! Looks like a modern version of the Leo. One we definitely needed!

EDIT: Oh! If you have the time and patience I would love to see this in different Faction colors. Like OZ Colors, Trieze Faction Colors, Romefellar Colors, etc.
Dark Duel

Great thing about the Leo is that its color scheme is basically monochromatic, so it's pretty easy to fiddle around with the color scheme. I had one or two bits of detailing to wrap up, and after that I did three images, based on the three different canon color schemes I found lineart for on Gundam Wiki/MAHQ:

1. Standard/Ground Type

2. Space Type

3. East Asian Forces Type

And I also did one more that required just a tidbit more modification, though it was worth it:
4. Prototype
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Nice! Wasn't there another color scheme for the Treize Faction? I seem to remember them using a different colored Leos during the one episode which had Heero piloting for them in Europe. Or was that the East Asian Scheme?

That Prototype color would be perfect for the Leos used by the Sanc Kingdom since it is similar to Taurus used by them.

EDIT: Opps. Look like it was Romefellar Loyal forces who where using Leos with the East Asian Colors, though it looks more purple then royal blue, while Heero along with the Trieze Faction were using Leos in regular colors. This battle is the first part of Episode 30.

Also I would love to this version in the colors of the Command Aries and the Black Aries.
Dark Duel

I actually based the Prototype Leo color scheme on the Tallgeese :P But yeah, it is rather Sanc Kingdom-esque.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

Boredom/insomnia resulted in this

Basically a minor edit of this with the original/complete Varguil backpack, and the whole thing given a uniform color scheme (matching the head's blue because that was easier).

Dark Duel

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/467 ... 22cf_c.jpg

Left: The Pegasus-class Spartan, as seen in the Thunderbolt OVA
Right: The OVA's Spartan, recolored slightly to more closely match its manga counterpart(not a perfect match, but as close as I'm able to get)

Dark Duel

Yeah, so I was bored today and decided I'd take the ARX-014S Silver Bullet Suppressor from *Narrative* and remove the extra equipment on its backpack that stores additional arms, see what it looked like.
I also ended up modifying the knees to revert them back to the vanilla Silver Bullet's knees because I think the SBS's look weird. Though I kept some of the detailing on the tip of the knee from the SBS.

This is the result.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dark Duel

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/489 ... 1b1c_z.jpg

Pretty straightforward - recolored the WoDom Pod from Build Divers Re:RiSE into the original WoDom's red.
Kinda like it better.

Deathzealot

Your right that does look better... It also looks far better than the original WoDom as well...
Dark Duel

That's true as well.

So on another note, partially inspired by Thunderbolt and by a conversation I had with someone on Skype, I also put this together:

LINK REMOVED - SEE NEW LINK ON NEXT PAGE

The left is a RGM-79 GM that I got by basically modifying the RMS-179 GM II lineart from the UC OVAs.
The right is a GM with a modified "Gundam head"
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deathzealot

Whistles. Now that is freaking awesome! Though. I would think the Gundam-Head GM would have a second beam saber installed.
Dark Duel

I actually thought about it, but I think I decided against it on the basis that I figured it as a mostly cosmetic modification made for psychological warfare purposes - I didn't see a reason for its actual armament to differ.

Deathzealot

Shrug. That's your call, but I would see the Gundam-head being an ace/commander level machine for regular Federation Forces. Though we do have plenty of superior GM variants which can serve that purpose now that I think about it.
Dark Duel

True. I'll have a think about it.
I did do one thing though just to increase the parallel even more - Changed the Gundam Head's color scheme to Gundam colors (LINK REMOVED - SEE NEW LINK ON NEXT PAGE)

Though that does bring up a good point, and something that's been bugging me for ages. How come the GM's only got one beam saber, anyway?
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Deathzealot

Very Nice. That really does up the psychological warfare potential on the machine. It reminds me of the scene from the Battle of Panama in SEED where the poor ZAFT Grunts start panicking when they first see the Strike Daggers thinking its the Strike itself. So I can see a similar effect happening here.

"The Federation has Mass Produced the Gundam!"
Dark Duel

Yeah, I remember that. I also remember from reading Origin that there was some confusion/panic from the attacking Zeon forces when the GMs were deployed, some of them initially thought they'd mass-produced the Gundam.

Deathzealot

Especially the GM Customs that Sayla and Sleggar piloted if I remember right.
Dark Duel

At A Baoa Qu, yeah. I actually remember there was one bloke in particular piloting, IIRC, a Braw Bro who went up against Sayla's GM Custom and honestly thought he was up against the Gundam, right up until she killed him. Was kinda hilarious.

Deathzealot

It was actually Simus Al Bakharov the co-pilot of the original Braw Bro in the series. And yes it was kind of hilarious wasn't it.
Dark Duel

Yeah. So still on the subject of GMs, I also did this side-by-side comparison of all three generations of GMs:
LINK REMOVED - SEE NEW LINK ON NEXT PAGE

I did slightly tweak the first-gen GM's shoulders for better accuracy, and I also, rather than use the official lineart for the GM III(which has slightly different and IMO a little bit wonky angles/proportions) did the same thing as I had for the GM in that I modified the GM II's.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.