Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
krullnar

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection

So haven't seen any posts about the movie since it was released in theaters here in the states at least. And first and for most it was good i quite enjoyed it. Spoilerish territory from here on out.
Spoiler
So lets get the elephant in the room over with yes lalouch is alive-ish. Apparently he acquired his fathers code some how while retaining his geass. This isnt explained but meh the least of the movies problems. But many of these problems are the very same ones the second season had so yeah. One thing that confused me about the movie is that some how Shirley is some back from the dead yeah thats a thing in the movie.
Now i went in saw this with a friend who hadn't seen both seasons of the show and i quote who are all these characters and why should i care. I think sums it up best the movie struggles to come to grip with the mind numbing about of characters from the show and giving them all screen time. Unfortunately for Bandai they ain't marvel so there was alot of wasted time trying to give every main character from the show a part in the movie.

I have more to say but im curious about everyone elses thoughts on the movie were.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
yazi88

Re: code geass r3

Please edit your post and use the spoiler tag, movie just came out.
ShadowCell

Re: [SPOILERS] code geass r3

spoiler tags don't seem to be working so thread title is changed
Seto Kaiba

krullnar wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:21 pm Now i went in saw this with a friend who hadn't seen both seasons of the show and i quote who are all these characters and why should i care.
That's not indicative of a problem with the film... that's just a boneheaded move on your friend's part. It's not the fault of the film if you go see a direct sequel that picks up the plot of the previous installment and don't understand it because you didn't see the story it's continuing.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
krullnar

Yazi sorry i did try

I agree it was bone headed of my friend but that doesnt change the fact that there are way to many characters fighting for screen time. Most of the shots out side of we will call it outer heaven were wholely unnecessary. Honestly i for the life of me cant remember the name of the country this takes place in.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Chris
Administrator

ShadowCell wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 pm spoiler tags don't seem to be working so thread title is changed
FYI for everyone, the spoiler tags are working again.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
SonicSP

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:02 pm
krullnar wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:21 pm Now i went in saw this with a friend who hadn't seen both seasons of the show and i quote who are all these characters and why should i care.
That's not indicative of a problem with the film... that's just a boneheaded move on your friend's part. It's not the fault of the film if you go see a direct sequel that picks up the plot of the previous installment and don't understand it because you didn't see the story it's continuing.
Yeah, its like watching the final episode of a series and complaining about how you don't feel for any of the characters.
nelomaxwell

Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection

Enjoyed the movie. Wish it wasn't an alternate reality though.
SonicSP

Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection

nelomaxwell wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:22 pm Enjoyed the movie. Wish it wasn't an alternate reality though.
Spoiler
I just ignore Shirley's one pointless 20 second scene plus the two other times she was mentioned and pretend its a continuation of the TV series. It is pretty easy to do mentally since the movie is pretty much 99% in sync with the TV Series generally anyways and the emotional sentiments are pretty much the same.

In other words I'm going to Gundam-canon this. :lol:

Probabaly will write a long post about the movie later on since I ended up watching it, like a lot of times in the cinema last month when it was out here.