Zeta/ReZEL Wrist Grenade Reloading?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
TDR-10M Thunderbolt

Zeta/ReZEL Wrist Grenade Reloading?

I've come across claims that the Zeta Gundam, and possibly the ReZEL series by extension, can do in-field reloading of their wrist grenade launchers. After looking around, I'm not having much luck finding any official material commenting on this. Does anyone know much about it and is able to offer some insights?

I'm also getting contradictory reports on the ammo count for these launchers. Some say it holds 1 round per launcher (for 1 + 1 = 2 shots on a regular launcher pairing), some say 2 per launcher (for 2 + 2 = 4 shots per launcher pairing). Which is correct? Or does it differ from the Zeta to the ReZELs?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Zeta/ReZEL Wrist Grenade Reloading?

TDR-10M Thunderbolt wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:46 am I've come across claims that the Zeta Gundam, and possibly the ReZEL series by extension, can do in-field reloading of their wrist grenade launchers. After looking around, I'm not having much luck finding any official material commenting on this. Does anyone know much about it and is able to offer some insights?
The weapons systems summary in Master Archive Mobile Suit: MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam (p112) does indicate that it is possible to reload the launchers in the field... using an optional external grenade magazine that can be fitted to the forearm. Without the optional grenade magazine, the launcher cannot be replenished in the field.

TDR-10M Thunderbolt wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:46 am I'm also getting contradictory reports on the ammo count for these launchers. Some say it holds 1 round per launcher (for 1 + 1 = 2 shots on a regular launcher pairing), some say 2 per launcher (for 2 + 2 = 4 shots per launcher pairing). Which is correct? Or does it differ from the Zeta to the ReZELs?
The description in Master Archive Mobile Suit: MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam indicates that each launcher assembly holds four grenades in a 2x2 configuration. The optional magazine holds a further nineteen.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
TDR-10M Thunderbolt

Re: Zeta/ReZEL Wrist Grenade Reloading?

Cool. Thanks for the info, Seto!