Add other Mecha's on MAHQ?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
mechafan88

Add other Mecha's on MAHQ?

Hello how is everyone doing doing I am new here but not new to the site as I remember coming here maybe 5 years ago but one thing that got me thinking why is there no Zoids also the big O like in the data place I also think should add other Mecha's from other shows new anime shows forgive if im out place but just thought I would ask :)
Zeonista

Re: Add other Mecha's on MAHQ?

If there is no topic thread like those, feel free to start one! Members will chime in eventually.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Kuruni

For Zoids, Chris are not interest in the series. It's in FAQ.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Seto Kaiba

I'd like to see 'em go back and fix some of their more wildly inaccurate coverage before they focus on adding more shows... especially MOSPEADA. 90% of the info they have isn't even from the show, it's from the old Robotech RPG.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
DragoMaster009

What FAQ are you guys talking about?
Kuruni

DragoMaster009 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:05 am What FAQ are you guys talking about?
Weird, I cannot find it anymore. Guess it's removed.
My girlfriend was a loli.
DragoMaster009

I don't suppose it can be recovered?
Deacon Blues

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:56 pm I'd like to see 'em go back and fix some of their more wildly inaccurate coverage before they focus on adding more shows... especially MOSPEADA. 90% of the info they have isn't even from the show, it's from the old Robotech RPG.
You could also cite what is wrong instead of claiming everything as being "wildly inaccurate" like a douche. That doesn't exactly fix a problem or help attempt to alleviate it. Point to some more credible sources if you're aware that they're so grossly inaccurate and I'm sure information could easily be changed.
Seto Kaiba

Deacon Blues wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:18 pm You could also cite what is wrong instead of claiming everything as being "wildly inaccurate" like a douche. That doesn't exactly fix a problem or help attempt to alleviate it. Point to some more credible sources if you're aware that they're so grossly inaccurate and I'm sure information could easily be changed.
Had you engaged your brain and done a little basic checking before you started shooting your mouth off, you might've noticed that I already did that... BACK IN 20-F*CKING-15... with citations from what was (and AFAIK still is) the most recent and complete official Genesis Climber MOSPEADA artbook available.

Absolutely zero movement on those corrections in the not quite three years they've been posted, BTW.

In summation, "Think, THEN speak... not the other way around."

I should probably find the time to submit corrections for the Macross II section, since that suffers from the same problem of having information drawn from the total bullshit in a Palladium Books role-playing game rather than any kind of official source... that RPG was so wildly inaccurate the authors couldn't even get the year the show is set in correct, and Macross's owners don't even recognize it as a legitimate product.
The Macross Mecha Manual
False Prophet

It would have been nice if MAHQ have data on RideBack, Mars Daybreak, and Gunparade. MuvLuv, I think, is pretty much out of the question, and Gears online is probably more suitable for shows like Bubblegum Crisis and Burst Angel, though the site is death nowadays - anyone knows why?
DragoMaster009

As long as you guys are talking about updates to the Mecha sections of MAHQ, any chance for more work to be done on the VOTOMS shows and games?
Chris
Administrator

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:16 pmAbsolutely zero movement on those corrections in the not quite three years they've been posted, BTW.

I should probably find the time to submit corrections for the Macross II section, since that suffers from the same problem of having information drawn from the total ZOINKS in a Palladium Books role-playing game rather than any kind of official source... that RPG was so wildly inaccurate the authors couldn't even get the year the show is set in correct, and Macross's owners don't even recognize it as a legitimate product.
Let's all try to keep it cool here, guys. Yes, I remember them from the time you submitted them, but it slipped my mind. I'm the only person doing updates, and things fall through the cracks sometimes, but I will get to them. I have no desire to list any Robotech RPG data.

Also, regarding all the previous comments from other posters about new mecha sections, it's not happening. It's time consuming, and I don't have any plans in the future to be adding sections. I'd rather fill out what is in existing sections and improve the lineart in some of them.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Deacon Blues

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Deacon Blues wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:18 pm You could also cite what is wrong instead of claiming everything as being "wildly inaccurate" like a douche. That doesn't exactly fix a problem or help attempt to alleviate it. Point to some more credible sources if you're aware that they're so grossly inaccurate and I'm sure information could easily be changed.
Had you engaged your brain and done a little basic checking before you started shooting your mouth off, you might've noticed that I already did that... BACK IN 20-F*CKING-15... with citations from what was (and AFAIK still is) the most recent and complete official Genesis Climber MOSPEADA artbook available.

Absolutely zero movement on those corrections in the not quite three years they've been posted, BTW.

My point still stands. Instead of bitching about it, a simple nudge to Chris of "hey this was submitted a while back" could have been enough. But no, you shot your own mouth off by griping in a thread he may or may not even notice. I honestly have never seen the show you supposedly corrected so I wouldn't have known how you slaved over stats to contribute to the site :eyeroll: The nitpicking you did falls in line with a majority of the fans anyways. Y'all scream that it's wrong but you never say what's wrong (for the most part).
Seto Kaiba

Chris wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:42 pm I'm the only person doing updates, and things fall through the cracks sometimes, but I will get to them. I have no desire to list any Robotech RPG data.
I'll give the old topic the once-over this weekend and see if there's anything more to add... my translation proficiency's gone up a fair bit in the last couple years.

Deacon Blues wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:47 pm My point still stands.
You never had a point... you literally jumped straight to calling me a "douche" and trying to berate me for not having done something I'd demonstrably done almost three years before you posted. That is ALL you did.

Moreover, "wildly inaccurate" really isn't hyperbole when it comes to how wide of the mark the MOSPEADA section is because of that Robotech RPG material. I've talked with the guys who wrote the RPG at length, and they freely admit they were swinging for the fences and making stuff up as they went because they had little-to-no access to artbooks and minimal translation support. To give you an example, the official/correct endurance of the VR-041 Blowsperior is 300km driving or 22 minutes in Ride Armor mode... via the Robotech stats, its endurance is listed as 5 days. You get other stuff like speeds at 30km for planes that top out around 18km and weapons listed with physically impossible calibers given their size.

Deacon Blues wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:47 pm Instead of bitching about it, a simple nudge to Chris of "hey this was submitted a while back" could have been enough. But no, you shot your own mouth off by griping in a thread he may or may not even notice.
Ah, no. All I did was say that I'd like to see them go back and fix problems with existing sections before tackling a new one. (Admittedly, I'd actually forgotten I'd submitted that material until you bit my head off about NOT having done it... so it never really occurred to me to go poke Chris about it. It was three years ago, after all... plus, as a volunteer admin for a fansite myself, I get nagged enough that I don't want to inflict it on another in the same capacity.)
The Macross Mecha Manual
Seto Kaiba

I've got a tedious test schedule coming up at the office over the next few days... besides Macross II and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA, are there any other sections that need touching up or correction? I'll have plenty of time to sit down and bang out a couple translations while I'm watching the Vector CANoe trace window.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Chris
Administrator

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:25 pm I've got a tedious test schedule coming up at the office over the next few days... besides Macross II and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA, are there any other sections that need touching up or correction? I'll have plenty of time to sit down and bang out a couple translations while I'm watching the Vector CANoe trace window.
I had some free time today and made the changes based on your old posts, but I noticed it didn't cover the Blowsperior, Mospeadas, human vehicles, or the Inbit mecha/vehicles. I'm sure there's bound to be errors there too, might as well get rid of them.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
DragoMaster009

Well like I said, the VOTOMS section could use some touching up (like completing the mech listings for the later OVAs like Pailsen Files and Alone Again for starters). But in terms of long-term goals for the next couple of years or so, I'd say any mech that doesn't have that asterisk symbol next to that entry needs to be given the "Burke's" treatment (history, expanded technical data, design notes, the works).
DragoMaster009

Sorry about the double post, but I hope that I didn't put too much for you guys to do on your plates with my request?
pirx

What about non-anime mechs?
I would not mind Jaegers in Burke's format :)