The Anchor's Original Form

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Omega

The Anchor's Original Form

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 1oz1kx.jpg

Apparently the MC Mech of Crossbone Dust used to be a Formula Series suit, the Gundam F89
yazi88

Re: The Anchor's Original Form

Even Crossbone is making retcons to famous Gundams having even more unseen prototypes... especially a Okawara design that looks worse then his Seed redesign rejects....
Dark Duel

Yeah that looks pretty terrible. Apart from that, the fact that they chose to shoehorn it in as another retconned predecessor when there were other possibilities bugs me.
Could’ve made it anything from F92 to F96, or even F98. Hell, they could even have placed it in Anaheim’s Silhouette Formula series and it would’ve made more sense. But no, they had to make it a previously unknown predecessor instead.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Isn't F8 series are commercial mass production models? So F89 won't be Proto F90 but more of Glorified Jegan, possibly the last from that series too.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Dark Duel

Kuruni wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:41 am Isn't F8 series are commercial mass production models? So F89 won't be Proto F90 but more of Glorified Jegan, possibly the last from that series too.
I don't know about that. Doing a cursory search, I can't find any F8# model numbers among the mobile suits developed by SNRI. There's the F70 Cannon Gundam and the F71 G-Cannon, with the latter actually being produced by Anaheim Electronics based on the F70's design. After that it skips to the Formula Project's F90 and its descendants - the F91, F97(Crossbone Gundam) and F99 Record Breaker.

But who knows? Maybe that's the case.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Although Gundam Wiki doesn't has article for Formula Project. So I use Wayback Machine to dig up the old Gundam Project and find this.
SNRI

The Earth Fderation's Strategic Naval Research Institute, or SNRI, uses a unique scheme for its Formula Project. Here, the first digit indicates the function of the mobile suit, and the second digit indicates the order of development.

F7* Long-range support type

F8* General-purpose type

F9* Advanced fighter type
On the other hand, Formula Project article on Japanese Wikipedia listed following, citing SUPER MJ 機動戦士ガンダム最新MS造形資料集. Feed it to Google And try to make sense out of it appears to be...

F50 Series - AFV-type MS
F60 Series - Local fighting (局地戦用格闘型) MS(it appear that no MS actually use this code)
F70 Series - Support MS
F80シリーズ - General purpose mass production type (汎用量産型) MS
F90シリーズ - Main force MS
My girlfriend was a loli.