Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeonista

Re: Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory

I really liked the car chase, which had the narrative elements, Sousuke's defensive driving skills, and freedom from shaky-cam laziness to show current cinema how it's supposed to be done. Another layer of production gloss might have helped with the look, but it was not a deal-breaker. Admittedly the helo transport scene was done better and was very realistic.

I have no real liking or interest of dubs in general, but I can understand a dub-fan's renewed interest and happiness that the band is getting back together, so to speak. That's a lot of voice actors, and it's good to know that so many of them were willing to return.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Arbiter GUNDAM

Aw ZOINKS it gettin' real in here!

So I just rewatched all of FMP to get ready for IV. The only parts I didn't like were the Gauron assassination arc and well, I guess Chidori's tsundere tendencies just wear thin for me. I'm completely on Team Tesstarossa. :3

Oh and the scene where Kaname lost her ovaries and didn't tell Sousuke she loved him.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

OK, so episode 4 is fully available and.... I call massive bullcrap. Hey Sousuke, remember that the Arbalest has a thing called (deep breath) T H E L A M B D A D R I V E R!!?

--Freyja Wion
Omnislayer

Remember his Lambda driver kinda sucks ass, he's almost never able to get the damn thing to work.
PSN- blackatt66
Steam- omni_slayer
zetatype

It has more to do with his state of mind than the Lambda driver considering what we saw him do at the end of TSR. Seeing what happened to Kyoko most likely rattled him and combine that with just how outclassed he was by Leonard, he barely has time think let alone operate the Lambda driver. Even if he did use the Lambda driver it probably wouldn't matter since the Leonard's mech is suppose outclass the Arbalest in every way.
Seto Kaiba

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:16 pm OK, so episode 4 is fully available and.... I call massive bullcrap. Hey Sousuke, remember that the Arbalest has a thing called (deep breath) T H E L A M B D A D R I V E R!!?
's kind of a running thing... AMALGAM's production lambda drivers are more stable/user-friendly, but MITHRIL's less stable prototype lambda driver is substantially more powerful when it's working properly.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Arbiter GUNDAM

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:49 pm
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:16 pm OK, so episode 4 is fully available and.... I call massive bullcrap. Hey Sousuke, remember that the Arbalest has a thing called (deep breath) T H E L A M B D A D R I V E R!!?
's kind of a running thing... AMALGAM's production lambda drivers are more stable/user-friendly, but MITHRIL's less stable prototype lambda driver is substantially more powerful when it's working properly.
True, but wasn't that the whole point of The Second Raid? For Sousuke to get over his hangups, figure out what he really wanted out of life and be able to activate the LD?

--Freyja Wion
Seto Kaiba

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:16 am True, but wasn't that the whole point of The Second Raid? For Sousuke to get over his hangups, figure out what he really wanted out of life and be able to activate the LD?
Sort of. Gauron actually kind of lampshades the problem in The Second Raid. When he was a child soldier for the Spetsnaz GRU and later for the Afghanistani rebels, he was unshakeable because he was an emotionally extinct career killer driven by ruthless pragmatism. That's the "strength" that caught Gauron's eye and left a lasting impression.

Once Sousuke joined MITHRIL and started making actual friends, he started to soften up and care about other people... becoming "weak", as Gauron would put it. Being assigned to Chidori's guard detail and being forcibly dragged out of his shell by her as her pet project made him a much better person but also made him start to care about the people around him. That became a new, healthier source of psychological stability for him. When MITHRIL pulled him off of Chidori's guard detail it directly attacked the two sources of his psychological stability: his confidence in his abilities as a career soldier, and his relationship with his new friends. He starts to resent the Arbalest for taking him away from that life he had become accustomed to. When he gets it back, all of the sudden he's Mr. Unstoppable because his confidence is through the freaking roof.

Invisible Victory totally yanks the rug out from under him. He's deprived of both of the places he thinks of as his home: Tokyo Jindai HS and MITHRIL's west pacific fleet base. In short order MITHRIL is wiped out, his friends end up being placed in mortal peril because of him, his cover is blown, and Chidori surrenders to save his life. He crossed the despair event horizon at about Mach three thanks to an all fronts "My Greatest Failure" moment.

Sadly, the poor chap's humiliation conga is only just getting started.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Henyo

caught up to speed with the episodes. i had one thought when watching actually. if i'll ever see another panty shot in FMP. Lo and behold Nami. as of episode 7 there have been 4. yup i keep count of these things. :twisted:

perving aside, the AS tournament was enjoyable than i thought it'd be. World building and a good female character.
also watching the Dub. Chris Patton is much like Petter Cullen Prime. HE IS Sousuke Sagara.

BTW, that one Amalgam dude is based on a famous actor right? can't recall the name...
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Wingnut

Well, IV is over now. What's everyone's opinion on the deal so far with still much more of the story to be told?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
krullnar

Wingnut wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 am Well, IV is over now. What's everyone's opinion on the deal so far with still much more of the story to be told?
Really enjoyed it but it stops right when the novels get really good. :cry:

Also with no word as to whether we will get a V i don't know if i can take a. 13 year wait for the last quarter of the series.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
yazi88

Its likely going to get another season, but will take time to animate it. SRW has done the final part of FMP novels in both SRW Z3-2 and V. And the recent Full Metal Panic Who Dares Wins PS4 has shown it too (sadly its only the post 2nd Raid stuff to the ending from the novels outside of the prologue from the 1st anime, literally nothing from Fumoffu aside from a joke ending).
Henyo

i definitely enjoyed IV. it helps that is there's no other mecha anime this season.(and also because i'm watching old school mecha series. one bad point is that the characters start to become off model during the second half. much noticeable during Sousuke's rampage on Kurama.

now waiting for the english dub to finish. i'm actually more moved Al's farewell in the dub version.

and now we get to countdowns:
Panty shots: 15(8 from Kaname, 3 from Tessa and 4 from Nami.)
Sousuke's no problem: 3

and yes, i do collect panchiras and whatnots screenshots. :twisted:
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
SonicSP

I didn’t enjoy it as much as I hoped but I still enjoyed. I don’t like it as much as TSR though, which I rate really highly.

After 12 years of hopeless waiting, I’ll take anything to be honest. I hope it does well enough to get another season cos I want to see they fully animate the whole thing.
yugioh54

Hopefully they animate the Christmas arc, they did an audio drama for it but it's not the same as an anime. Did anyone notice that MAHQ or any site for that matter didn't stream or license the compilation movie trilogy, MAHQ only mentioned it and didn't even put a section for it?