The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Henyo

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

Kuruni wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:56 am When I watched episode 5, I have feeling that Yousuke Kuroda write it as if GBD is set in an actualt fantasy world, and only add MMO element afterward when staff remind him.
it might just be me being sleep deprived but an earlier episode mentioned tha avatars didn't get tired or something. so there's no use in doing martials art training. and then the episode where they trek the desert has them MCs getting tired/hot from all the walking they've done. :?

the one thing that keeps me in watching Divers is because of the nice character designs for ze girls.(DOUJINS!!!)
on a side note:IM@S' Mimura Kanako is one of the few Chuby anime girl i really like. Gyanko is a big MEH.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Episode 8... This is actually fun in lightheart way for most part, until the battle occur. This is exactly what TV Tropes call Narm, it feel like they try too hard for drama. It's weird since I actually sympathy with the girl, known exactly what it feel like, yet it come off rather flat. I guess it would work better if this isn't a lightheart episode, and/or they build up the girl and her force a little more. Well, consider the post credit, it might be foreshadow.

BTW, look like Patrick make a wrong move on Kati :D .

Oh, and seeing it again make me realize, I really want Riku to say "Despair is your goal." after make that A slash.
My girlfriend was a loli.
yazi88

My blood boiled for a split sec because there was a Kio lookalike in this ep... but thankfully some of the obscure references afterwards made up for it, especially the Karaoke/singing pic that was a reference to a band ep of classic SD Gundam, lol.
Ryujin

I felt that the drama caused by not!Stellar was rather forced this episode, but if it was a deliberate parody/indictment of her character in GSD then well-played, Sunrise.

All the cameos & references aside, we also get some character development on Ayame.
Henyo wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:45 pm and then the episode where they trek the desert has them MCs getting tired/hot from all the walking they've done. :?
It's probably more mental than physical exhaustion. The kind you get from repetitively grinding for common mats in a Korean MMO or having to sit through a boring lecture, in the front row, with a spotlight aimed directly at your face.
Kuruni

Do-ji is really annoying here, but I guess Ogre is just too much of an aloof big brother fot him. Still, using Break Decal despite fully aware that his brother hate it and all warning, yet think he would aprrove him afterward, is just idiocy.
Spoiler
Look like Tsukasa realize that has an OFF button on Break Decal is too practical, so now the suit gone berserk and move by itself.
Ryujin

Enjoyed the episode for the most part. The battlefield gave me SDGO flashbacks of that one co-op stage with the three shuttles.

But--and here's the elephant in the room--

With how (literally) game-breaking the break decals are, there has been zero mention in the show of moderators or site admins acknowledging the situation in spite of several high-visibility incidents & the concern of top-ranking players (heck, we don't even know if such beings actually exist). I do hope that, given the preview for next episode, this issue finally gets directly addressed.
Kuruni wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:20 am Do-ji is really annoying here, but I guess Ogre is just too much of an aloof big brother fot him. Still, using Break Decal despite fully aware that his brother hate it and all warning, yet think he would aprrove him afterward, is just idiocy.
I have to wonder at their relationship in real life. I can think of a scenario or two where this might occur, but it's a rather dysfunctional situation nevertheless.

Also, it's hilarious to think that it's probably his poor performance that dragged down the overall rating of a team full of high-ranked players, such that they end up getting matched with a team of low-ranked newcomers.
Kuruni

Oh, I forgot one thing. I really like how Riku want to avoid Trans-Am now, and despite all build-up with conversation with Koichi, he doesn't use it yet. It would be awesome if the next upgrade of 00 Diver will abolish the system altogether in favor of increased base performance.

Because, lets face it, Super Mode is what dragging GBF down in the second half, and is major factor in many dull moment of GBF-T.
yazi88

I'm surprised no one noticed that one of the Ogre team pilots is named NUTS!
Deathzealot

Is it just me or did we get a new Opening and Ending?
yazi88

Nope, OP and ED are the same.
Dark Duel

So I have a question. I found the Immortal One standing around with two other guys waiting for the Battle to start...and I don't recognize the uniform they're wearing at all.
Link
So...what uniform IS that? Or is it even a previously seen uniform at all?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

That looks familiar but I don't know where it is from... Sorry to say. Anyone else knows?
Kuruni

I think it's Zanscare officer suit.
Kuruni

Well, turn out that GBN's administrators actually do something but Decade's work is far deeper than it should be.

This episode end with cliffhanger, I wish we'll get a truly impressive fight in the next.

I think we've reach the climax of first arc, it's highly likely that we'll get more hint of Sarah's nature and ability in the next episode.
MythSearcher

I must say that ep 10 marks one of the stupidest strategy I've ever seen.
Any experience online gamer can tell you it is extremely easy to have puppet accounts, and even if you have to use your ID to register, one can easily obtain one from any old people in the park who are obviously not into online gaming with maybe US$50. (In HK, when I worked in the court, there were idiots[a LOT of them] who sold their bank accounts for that price and got prosecuted for money laundering.)
That price is likely somewhere like 1 break decal transaction? Maybe less.
The mastermind does NOT have to use his own account, and with that kind of hacking/cracking level, a simple logout should also be pretty simple.

Why would finding and cornering the account inside the server of ANY help? Beats me.

New account next day(no, probably next hour), continues sales of break decal(BTW, why same acronym as build divers?) doesn't even need to hide.
yazi88

I think you're taking this dummy account thing a little too seriously, its a kids show, not some deep cybercrime thing like GiTS SAC... Other shows with VR battles have the same logic of not going that deep with the whole dummy account thing... Even .Hack franchise which was one of the earliest JP franchises with online VR gaming...

Its better to have a lead and follow up on that compared to nothing I guess...
MythSearcher

yazi88 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:31 pm I think you're taking this dummy account thing a little too seriously, its a kids show, not some deep cybercrime thing like GiTS SAC... Other shows with VR battles have the same logic of not going that deep with the whole dummy account thing... Even .Hack franchise which was one of the earliest JP franchises with online VR gaming...

Would make much more sense if the GM can trace the IP and capture the culprit at his own machine.
Yes, this is not a cybercrime show, but doesn't mean it cannot make sense.
Or simply tell us you need to use you ID card to register and play so it is nigh impossible to set up dummy accounts, which will take only like 10 seconds of screen time?

Other VR battle anime usually have them buy their own machine and they are very limited in number, and thus those can at least be hand waved to a certain level about using your real identity mapped to your account. (So you can maybe at most create a few more with your family members)
Log Horizon, for example, does give us bot accounts, meaning one can make the show more realistic if wanted to.
Kuruni

MythSearcher wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 am Yes, this is not a cybercrime show, but doesn't mean it cannot make sense.
Ah, you should watch more crime show. Cybercrime is usually when they make no sense (*cough* CSI *cough*).

If they want to be realistic, then several accounts would be banned already for "suspicious activity". No need of proof, they can terminate your account for no season at all, that's in the Terms of Use.

Indeed in this case, they have good reason to ban them. It's Decade's fault. Damn you, Tsukasa.
yazi88

MythSearcher wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 am
yazi88 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:31 pm I think you're taking this dummy account thing a little too seriously, its a kids show, not some deep cybercrime thing like GiTS SAC... Other shows with VR battles have the same logic of not going that deep with the whole dummy account thing... Even .Hack franchise which was one of the earliest JP franchises with online VR gaming...

Would make much more sense if the GM can trace the IP and capture the culprit at his own machine.
Yes, this is not a cybercrime show, but doesn't mean it cannot make sense.
Or simply tell us you need to use you ID card to register and play so it is nigh impossible to set up dummy accounts, which will take only like 10 seconds of screen time?

Other VR battle anime usually have them buy their own machine and they are very limited in number, and thus those can at least be hand waved to a certain level about using your real identity mapped to your account. (So you can maybe at most create a few more with your family members)
Log Horizon, for example, does give us bot accounts, meaning one can make the show more realistic if wanted to.
This is a shonen battle show with VR as the settings, not a VR show. Log Horizon might be one of the few that explains bot accounts, but it was adapted from a novel source material, meaning it was made with details in mind. Shonen battle shows rarely go into such depth or discussions. Plus, sometimes companies are just that inept, especially with Cyber-security. How many times have we seen Hacker's get away with so much without companies noticing anything. The way I'm seeing it is that the culprit could be very skilled hacker and knows how to mess with the system, hence the break decals.
Kuruni

Alright, pretty solid episode. Ayame's drama doesn't seem to be forced... well, remind me of the old time when I still played MMO. As expected, it make the Bearguy episode a foreshadowing.
Spoiler
Zeromaru's gimmicks are pretty cool, both real type combination and NT-D, the usage of latter is pretty clever too. Kujo breaking the Providence apart with bare hands is cool as well, I think it should be faster and more brutal, but I guess Providence simply has too thick armor.

BTW, Ayame's smile is indeed beutiful.
Another cliff-hanger, oh well.