The Official Gundam Narrative Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Chris
Administrator

The Official Gundam Narrative Mecha Thread Mk I

Enjoy.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
False Prophet

Re: The Official Gundam Narrative Mecha Thread Mk I

Okay guys, how the hell does the Narrative Gundam - an early 0090s mobile suit created as a testbed to the Nu - still has Core Fighter? How cheap could Anaheim be - unless at the time they asked Londo Bell, who was under-resource, to pay a sum first before they would even consider making the testbed unit?
domino

It's possible that the Core Fighter was hastily put in since the psycoframe cockpit would've been moved to the Nu Gundam. It's either a stopgap measure or a purposeful move because including a core fighter would arguably be more expensive than including a standard panoramic cockpit.

Looks like the Narrative Gundam may utilize some Dendrobium-like equipment.
E08

The Core Fighter could have been installed to ensure recovery of data in case of any accident during testing.
Dark Duel

I don't actually care about the presence of the Core Fighter per se. What bothers me is this: I know it's supposed to be a testbed and all, but what nitwit thought it was a good idea to build it with no armor whatsoever on its upper limbs and no armored cockpit hatch?
I mean you could put some turkey on top of a building with a sniper rifle, he'd shoot right through that canopy and kill the pilot.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

I think the Sinanju Stein appearance might be part of a flashback/prologue to before Gundam Unicorn rather than a brand new unit cause I believe the original unit was converted in Frontal's Sinanju, Didn't the Phenex get tested before Unicorn ep 1 in terms of timeline as well? So maybe Sinanju's transfer before being stolen and Phenex's test were close to one another in terms of time span. Just speculation on my part...
J-Lead

Dark Duel wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 pm I don't actually care about the presence of the Core Fighter per se. What bothers me is this: I know it's supposed to be a testbed and all, but what nitwit thought it was a good idea to build it with no armor whatsoever on its upper limbs and no armored cockpit hatch?
I mean you could put some turkey on top of a building with a sniper rifle, he'd shoot right through that canopy and kill the pilot.
I have a feeling that the Narrative isn't actually meant to sortie like that; it's just what the mobile suit looks like when stripped to it's bare bones. It's a testbed mobile suit meant for data collection, that supposedly the Luio company will continue to outfit and upgrade (kind of like Barbatos, with it's many different configurations over time) and it will eventually get some proper torso armor.

It probably does sortie like that in desperation, but I don't think that's what how it's actually supposed to leave the hanger when entering a combat zone.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
domino

The Sinanju Stein for Gundam Narrative has Sleeves markings, a slightly different riffle nozzle and a shield similar to the Sinanju. Perhaps it was used by this antagonist Sleeves pilot prior to its conversion for use by Full Frontal?
Zeonista

J-Lead wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:36 am
Dark Duel wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 pm I don't actually care about the presence of the Core Fighter per se. What bothers me is this: I know it's supposed to be a testbed and all, but what nitwit thought it was a good idea to build it with no armor whatsoever on its upper limbs and no armored cockpit hatch?
I have a feeling that the Narrative isn't actually meant to sortie like that; it's just what the mobile suit looks like when stripped to it's bare bones. It's a testbed mobile suit meant for data collection, that supposedly the Luio company will continue to outfit and upgrade (kind of like Barbatos, with it's many different configurations over time) and it will eventually get some proper torso armor.

It probably does sortie like that in desperation, but I don't think that's what how it's actually supposed to leave the hanger when entering a combat zone.
I do think J-Lead has the right of it here. Narrative is a true research prototype, not an uber template-maker prototype like the RX-78 or RX-178. Therefore it is not intended for real combat. "The best-laid plans of MS and men gang aft agley" though. Lulo's lack of thought concerning Gundamjacking and the tendency of anything named "Gundam" to become a trouble magnet is charmingly naive, so I can understand Dark Duel's increduility over a lack of immediate combat capability.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Calubin_175

I think they are going to write in a second Sinanju Stein which came in the container as a reserve unit along with Full Frontal's one and the zeon styled conversion kit.

Note the new sleeve markings, longer and rounder shield tip, and the underside of the rifle resembling the Sinanju rifle plus bazooka compatibility.

The Rozen Zulu was made from Sinanju spare parts, but spare parts in Gundam look completely different and may be more accurately referred to as "unused parts".
FinalSin66

Is there a possibility that Frontal's Sinanju had mostly newly created external armor (sleeves created it, bit more than just recolor and rework). Except for the Head (excluding the face) everything else is slightly different. So could the narrative sinanju stein be using the left over original stein external armor, whatever parts were left over from the sinanjus repair after Laplace colony battle and what was used in the Rozen Zulu, with Geara Zulu or other ms as the base frame. Cause I can see a lot of internal and external components made for spare parts, but a whole other generator and psychoframe cockpit seems much for just spare parts. But granted Anaheim was pretty much giving the sleeves the Stein so maybe they did pack that much in.
Dark Duel

The only thing left of FF’s Sinanju as of the end of Ep7, IIRC, was its cockpit block/sphere. So an entire internal frame and reactor would’ve had to be built no matter what.
Far likelier that this is an entirely separate mobile suit, either built by the Sleeves or, more likely, provided to them
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SonicSP

I’m still not even enitely sure what actually happened to Sinanju at the end of Unicorn.
domino

The Sinanju rusted away/disintegrated. Some of its core components remained which is why Angelo was able to locate it and open the cockpit to see Full Frontal.
Deacon Blues

Calubin_175 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:24 pm I think they are going to write in a second Sinanju Stein which came in the container as a reserve unit along with Full Frontal's one and the zeon styled conversion kit.

Note the new sleeve markings, longer and rounder shield tip, and the underside of the rifle resembling the Sinanju rifle plus bazooka compatibility.

The Rozen Zulu was made from Sinanju spare parts, but spare parts in Gundam look completely different and may be more accurately referred to as "unused parts".
The design for Gundam Narrative is the same exact design that was utilized in the Gundam UC A Phantom World short (or so it would seem). I'm doubtful they'll have another version of the Stein. There has been nothing to indicate so in any of the works and I doubt Fukui would pull something like that.
yazi88

I'm curious to see what other new variants we might see of previous units, because we all know that's going to happen, to sell more merch. I just hope this will be better than Twilight Axis...
domino

Deacon Blues wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:15 pm

The design for Gundam Narrative is the same exact design that was utilized in the Gundam UC A Phantom World short (or so it would seem). I'm doubtful they'll have another version of the Stein. There has been nothing to indicate so in any of the works and I doubt Fukui would pull something like that.
I agree with this. I suspect we'll see the Antagonist piloting Sinanju Stein during the flashback but this won't be his mainstay suit in the current conflict
FinalSin66

I recently saw on a non-English gundam blog, someone noticed the similarities between the Neo Zeon mobile armor from Twilight Axis tail bits/funnels and the tail/whips hanging from the Phenex's shield/wings. That would be interesting if they are indeed remote weapons.
Arbiter GUNDAM

So there can be plenty of Gunpla add-on parts, of course.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
domino

Looks like we're getting a better look at the Gundam NT fitted with combat equipment on twitter https://twitter.com/yanase_t/status/994403655619985408