The Official Gundam Build Divers Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Dark Duel

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Mecha Thread Mk I

The “Dark Hound” had AGE-2 Normal-style wing binders on its shoulders, and its waist was the AGE-II Magnum’s rather than the stock AGE-2DH. Apart from that and the custom Lancer, I also noticed it seemed to have some sort of retractable blade in its shield, which I think went unused, unfortunately.
Odds are that we might see a kit of it, but it’ll probably be a P-Bandai limited release
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
YokozunaBulldozer

Seing that Jiyan Altron consists of parts that resemble a wolf, tiger, and dragon, I think I have an idea of what its possible upgrade could be. So far I believe that if it ever gets an upgrade that consists of extra parts that resemble a hawk or a similar bird of prey, we will be getting a nice Brave series homage to Shadow Dagwon from Brave Series no.7 Brave Command Dagwon.
Both have a martial arts motif going for it so that checks out, and although the color is more of a tribute to Altron EW/Nataku, the composition of the animal motifs are quite similar with the wolf and tiger making up the arms and the dragon making up the rest of the body.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
E08

The DODS Lancer of Kyoya's “Dark Hound” seems to be the AGEII Magnum's rifle with added parts to disguise it. If I recall correctly, the top fins of the AGEII Magnum's rifle are visible on the lancer. Having wing binders like the AGE-2 Normal's make sense as Kyoya did lie that his “Dark Hound” is a customized AGE 2, which should be referring to AGE 2 Normal here. Oh, the eye patch is reversed as well.

Also, images of the Gundam Jiyan Altron's Gunpla has been released, here's the link for those who want to know more about its features. Same for Galbaldy Rebake and the female Ninja's SD Gunpla (I think...). Ignore the engrish on the page...
YokozunaBulldozer

E08 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:18 amAlso, images of the Gundam Jiyan Altron's Gunpla has been released, here's the link for those who want to know more about its features. Same for Galbaldy Rebake and the female Ninja's SD Gunpla (I think...). Ignore the engrish on the page...
That would be RX-Zeromaru. The kanji for zero can also be read as "rei" if we go with the kanon pronunciation but knowing that this is based off of the SD Unicorn, Zeromaru is more befitting. I guess we will have to wait until it appears on the show but I am certain it will be called Zeromaru. Speaking of rebake, I'm in the mood for coffee.
Zeonista

YokozunaBulldozer wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 am Seing that Jiyan Altron consists of parts that resemble a wolf, tiger, and dragon, I think I have an idea of what its possible upgrade could be. So far I believe that if it ever gets an upgrade that consists of extra parts that resemble a hawk or a similar bird of prey, we will be getting a nice Brave series homage to Shadow Dagwon from Brave Series no.7 Brave Command Dagwon.
Both have a martial arts motif going for it so that checks out, and although the color is more of a tribute to Altron EW/Nataku, the composition of the animal motifs are quite similar with the wolf and tiger making up the arms and the dragon making up the rest of the body.
The Jiyan Altron is so far the best custom job in terms of building on the original look and specialization of the original. Plus there are the shout-outs to game customization. It is definitely attractive as a MMORPG item.

Galbaldy Rebake: It's a UC + IBO crossover combination, and it looks badass in terms of simplified elegance. It is my fave monoeye for the series so far, and I want the gunpla!!

SDBD RX-Zeromaru: Forthcoming Ninja Gundam looks very capable! It is well armed and has a hawk (?) flying form. SD fans should really appreciate it.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Zeonista

Zeonista wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:20 pm
YokozunaBulldozer wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 am Seing that Jiyan Altron consists of parts that resemble a wolf, tiger, and dragon, I think I have an idea of what its possible upgrade could be. So far I believe that if it ever gets an upgrade that consists of extra parts that resemble a hawk or a similar bird of prey, we will be getting a nice Brave series homage to Shadow Dagwon from Brave Series no.7 Brave Command Dagwon.
The Jiyan Altron is so far the best custom job in terms of building on the original look and specialization of the original. Plus there are the shout-outs to game customization. It is definitely attractive as a MMORPG item.

Galbaldy Rebake: It's a UC + IBO crossover combination, and it looks badass in terms of simplified elegance. It is my fave monoeye for the series so far, and I want the gunpla!!

SDBD RX-Zeromaru: Forthcoming Ninja Gundam looks very capable! It is well armed and has a hawk (?) flying form. SD fans should really appreciate it.
GM Trainer: There's a new one for the anime debut file!

Tequila Gundam: This one looks better than its original; I don't feel the urge to sing the Frito's jingle when I see it. It's been mentioned that the Rody GUndam may have contributed to its design, and that seems reasonable to me.

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
YokozunaBulldozer

Zeonista wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:20 pm The Jiyan Altron is so far the best custom job in terms of building on the original look and specialization of the original. Plus there are the shout-outs to game customization. It is definitely attractive as a MMORPG item.

I was hoping they would bring in Senpu Ninja Exia from the SD Gundam Lost World web novel, a very awesome rendition of an SD Exia as a ninja that also goes real mode but so far I am down with Zeromaru. As for Galbaldy I never cared much about it in the past but the unexpected mix of IBO gundam elements peaks my interest. And it seems like we will be getting an HGUC Galbaldy Beta soon.
Zeonista

I would appreciate seeing a Galbaldy Beta, which was a good MS that really didn't get a lot of face time. It is simple enough to customize well, and the interceptor mode would give it good base stats. Plus maybe this means a HG model for the greater glory of my monoeye shelf. :)

yazi88

I think the GM trainer was shown in the GM's Counterattack OVA, so its likely not the first animated debut of it in Divers.

The custom Tequila Gundam's "coffin" was amusing as it seemed to be a modified Gundam Kyrios's missile container, lol.
YokozunaBulldozer

So two side stories will be out for Gundam Build Divers.

First there is Gundam Build Divers Break, which is told to go more in-depth about Mass Divers. The featured gunpla seems to be based on Shining but also have hints of Zeta and some 00. No official name has been announced yet.

The next is called Gimm and Ball's World Challenge(GBWC). Gimm(pronounced Jim) and Ball, the titular duo of the story, will be handling the main gunplas, Gundam Stormbringer and Polypod Ball.

Personally I love the one based off of the Shining Gundam from Break. Stormbringer looks cool too and the Polypod Ball is... interesting.
Wingnut

YokozunaBulldozer wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:47 am and the Polypod Ball is... interesting.
A weapon to surpass Metal Gear :!:

Sorry, I had to. :P
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuruni

It look like Momokapool sell well. Although it seem that people will throw Petitkapool out and put whatever they want inside.
My girlfriend was a loli.
hitokirigarou

Looking at the HG manuals of Grimoire Red Beret and Ogre GN-X, no mention is made of their obvious built-in weapons that they share with their originals (Grimore's head vulcan and wire hook; and GN-XIV's hip vulcans and GN claws). Are they simply non-functional?
Arsarcana

One assumes that they're still present and just unused (so far at least) since they'd be easy for the modeler to remove if they wanted to get rid of them entirely. Especially the Grimoire's vulcan, a bit of putty and paint and that thing would be gone.

If we see the Red Beret's Minimoires using the vulcan at some point, that would be a pretty clear indication. And it seems like the sort of capability Rommel would make use of, to distract or trick an opponent. Ditto for other weapons from the base suits but those are less likely to be seen, Yukki's vulcans because he's already got the beam machinegun aspect of his Chngeling Rifle (and the side binders) for that sort of thing and the swords of the Ogre make the claws redundant.
YokozunaBulldozer

So after seeing this week's episode...
Spoiler
That gunpla at the end of the preview looks awesome. Like a cross between AGE II Dark Hound and Exia Repair with some extra original details.
Kuruni

Looking at how the Big Zam shooting stripes of dark pink beam that cut across black space like barcode. I just hope it keep this as Tsukasa's motif.
Arsarcana

Anybody else get a distinct IBO vibe from when Riku went Trans Am and we got those distance shots of the 00 Diver as a streak of red light? And then the wings were sort of V2 meets Trans Am Burst meets Moonlight Butterfly.
Kuruni wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:54 am Looking at how the Big Zam shooting stripes of dark pink beam that cut across black space like barcode. I just hope it keep this as Tsukasa's motif.
If he keeps using Break Decals, it probably will be. The creepy purple effect is sort of it's 'thing' as we see with things like the Mass Diver with the Providence shooting purple beams instead of the green ones you'd expect to see. Guess we'll see next episode what his mystery suit is capable of. I've been wondering since first seeing the OP.
Kuruni

Arsarcana wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:52 pm Guess we'll see next episode what his mystery suit is capable of. I've been wondering since first seeing the OP.
I wish it has jumping kick as finishing move.
Iverasus

Spoiler
Well, that was an interesting take on the Strike Freedom's DRAGOONs by the Astray No Name. Using them as a shawl over the right side, as a positron cannon, and as wings while activating the NITRO system.
Arsarcana

Well, I'm sure loving Ogre's new gunpla, especially that Grungust-inspired head.
hitokirigarou wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:45 am Looking at the HG manuals of Grimoire Red Beret and Ogre GN-X, no mention is made of their obvious built-in weapons that they share with their originals (Grimore's head vulcan and wire hook; and GN-XIV's hip vulcans and GN claws). Are they simply non-functional?
Returning to this now that the 00 Sky's manual is available, we can be certain that there are features of suits that we see onscreen but which weren't deemed important enough to be pointed out in the descriptions. The Sky has obvious head vulcans and we've seen them used on multiple occasions but neither the base kit manual or the Higher Than Sky one mentions the guns. I think we can assume from this that similar 'minor' weapons on other kits are retained in their GBD versions unless they've obviously been removed by the modeler.