The Official Gundam Narrative Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deathzealot

Re: The Official Gundam Narrative Anime Thread Mk I

Well wasn't the Sinanju intact, kind of, after Unicorn? I know parts of the larger Neo Zeong turned to dust due to Newtype Weirdness but the core Sinanju was intact wasn't it?
Calubin_175

A version of the Phoenix Hunting Incident has been depicted as part of the UC Novel continuity in which the Neo Zeong was destroyed by the Phenex. Yona and Rita are in there.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%A6 ... F%E3%82%B9

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%A9%9F ... 9%E3%82%8A

The book was part of the Unicorn Archive Works Vol.3 with all the episode 7 model sheets and cel works.
zetatype

Deathzealot wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 pm Well wasn't the Sinanju intact, kind of, after Unicorn? I know parts of the larger Neo Zeong turned to dust due to Newtype Weirdness but the core Sinanju was intact wasn't it?
Nope, it pretty much disintegrated like the rest of the neo zeong. The only thing left intact was the cockpit ball. If the Shinaju Stein does show up after the events of Unicorn it's probably not the same one that Full Frontal piloted.

At first I thought the Stein would just be showing up in flashbacks, but since the antagonist is listed as the pilot I'm not so sure now.
domino

Calubin_175 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:11 am A version of the Phoenix Hunting Incident has been depicted as part of the UC Novel continuity in which the Neo Zeong was destroyed by the Phenex. Yona and Rita are in there.

The book was part of the Unicorn Archive Works Vol.3 with all the episode 7 model sheets and cel works.
This sounds like they may be retconning the ending of Unicorn?

Also....what's this about the Phenex absorbing the pilot and the cockpit being empty? That reminds me of the EXAM system
Calubin_175

It looks like they are adapting Fukui's UC 0096 Phoenix Hunt Incident into a 0097 event.
E08

domino wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:22 am
Calubin_175 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:11 am A version of the Phoenix Hunting Incident has been depicted as part of the UC Novel continuity in which the Neo Zeong was destroyed by the Phenex. Yona and Rita are in there.

This sounds like they may be retconning the ending of Unicorn?

Also....what's this about the Phenex absorbing the pilot and the cockpit being empty? That reminds me of the EXAM system
Nah, they aren't retconning the ending of Unicorn here. It just concern the UC Novel continuity, where via Fukui's UC 0096 Phoenix Hunt story, Neo Zeong was shoehorned into the novel's events. Think of it as a side story for the UC Novel continuity. In this story, the Phenex fought a Neo Zeong that has a Jagd Doga as the core unit instead of the Sinanju. I heard before that this is an explanation for why Neo Zeong didn't appear in the UC Novel's final battle. Whether this is true or not, I'm not so sure.

As for the absorbing pilot thing, didn't the same (or something similar) happen in UC Novel to Banagher in the end?
FinalSin66

I know the Phenex appears in the manga 0096 Last Sun, is there any info to glean from that?
Zeonista

"Gundam Narrative", now there's an unambiguous title! :D Makes me want to dust of my Zeon political soapbox again and rant about the diktat of Spacenoid independence an the reactionary counter-revolutionary maneuvering of the EUG. Why yes, let us have a story about the Federation controlling the Narrative Gundam, yes? :lol:

Snark aside, sure, make me watch another UC story. Build Divers is fun, and new OO is interesting, but UC is the first and strongest love. Interesting to see that the main characters are 25 years old, not 15-17, so let's see if that has some impact on their actions & potential development in the story. The continuity is a little tricky, but the story should explain itself well enough to be interesting. Once again, we should note that the Japanese value nifty story possibilities over canon framing, so I will take the anime on its own merits first & foremost.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
tHeWasTeDYouTh

What happened to this show??? did we ever get any info on it? will it be 15 min or 5 min or what? it seems gundam is moving away from the regular shows and going to gundpla builder because it gives them way more money or something.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Ceiling_Squid

Nothing's happened to it, there just isn't anything new to report yet. It's not due out until November, so info is still sparse at the moment. It's not even been 2 months since its announcement.

Also, I see zero indication that Gundam is "moving away" from conventional shows, seeing as IBO wasn't really that long ago.

More importantly, what we do know is that Gundam Narrative isn't a show, or even a microseries like you're guessing. It's billed as a feature film for theatrical release, and has been since it was announced. Presumably like Char's Counterattack and Gundam F91.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Ceiling_Squid wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:52 pm Nothing's happened to it, there just isn't anything new to report yet. It's not due out until November, so info is still sparse at the moment. It's not even been 2 months since its announcement.

Also, I see zero indication that Gundam is "moving away" from conventional shows, seeing as IBO wasn't really that long ago.

More importantly, what we do know is that Gundam Narrative isn't a show, or even a microseries like you're guessing. It's billed as a feature film for theatrical release, and has been since it was announced. Presumably like Char's Counterattack and Gundam F91.
wow a film, that is awesome!!!! did not see that coming. for some reason i thought it was going to be a microseries
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Deacon Blues

Since teaser #2 is out, here's the Staff & Cast as posted online:

Planning: Sunrise
Original Work: Hajime Yatate & Yoshiyuki Tomino
Screenplay: Harutoshi Fukui
Director: Shunichi Yoshizawa
Original Character Draft: Kumiko Takahashi
Animation Character Design: Kim Se-Jun
Mechanical Design: Hajime Katoki & Ei Komatsu
Color Design: Takako Suzuki
CG Director: Tomohiro Fujie
Monitor Design: Yoshinori Sayama
Art Director: Yukiko Maruyama & Yoshimi Mineta
Special Effects Director: Kumiko Taniguchi
Director of Photography: Akita Asaki
Editor: Daisuke Imai
Sound Director: Eriko Kimura
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano

Jonah Bashta: Junya Enoki
Michelle Luio: Tomo Muranaka
Rita Bernal: Ayu Matsuura
Dark Duel

Did I just see a Dijeh in space? I always thought the standard Dijeh was exclusively a ground-combat mobile suit
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Emmm.... We have known about Rick Dijeh since the first stuff about the new Gundam Moon Manga (OVA??) was announced. But to answer your question this Dijeh was upgraded with parts and such from a Rick Dias allowing to be used in space. All is explained here.

EDIT: Okay apparently I goofed. I assumed that the Dijeh in the Narrative Trailer was the same Rick Dijeh from the Gundam Moon Manga, but apparently, according to some other info I just stumbled on it looks it isn't. Instead, these units were built and operated by Luio and Company. Though I would think they would have similar modifications that the Rick Dijeh got to allow them to operate in space.
Zeis

Also, if you look closely, the Dijeh's not in space. It looks to be in the same snowy environment as the Gustav Karls and the brown Jegan.
yazi88

For once thing, the Rick Dijeh from Moon is a totally different unit especially in terms of looks and specs. This one in Narrative is pretty much the regular Dijeh model, just with a different paint job.
Dark Duel

Zeis wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:39 pm Also, if you look closely, the Dijeh's not in space. It looks to be in the same snowy environment as the Gustav Karls and the brown Jegan.
Okay, that would make a lot more sense. Anyway, took another look at the teaser on my computer now that I'm home so I could see it larger, and it does look like there's some kind of *something* in the background that I couldn't see when I watched it on my phone.
So it looks like *not* in space.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Iverasus

By the way, has anyone tried searching for the insert song of the teaser? It was catchy with its techno-pop beats.
False Prophet

So here is the booklet for Gundam NT: https://e-hentai.org/g/1282967/e1010c49b6/

Anything new here?
Kuruni

False Prophet wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 am So here is the booklet for Gundam NT: https://e-hentai.org/g/1282967/e1010c49b6/

Anything new here?
(look at the host :roll: ) Ayame's dojinshi is pretty good :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.