Votoms Viewing Order

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
zerogradius

Votoms Viewing Order

I'm just starting to watch Votoms and I was wondering what the best watching order is? Chronological or release order? And what is the chronological order.
Henyo

Re: Votoms Viewing Order

i actually watched Votoms out or Order most of the times.
certainly didn't hurt my appreciation of the series. Same for Dearest Mother. yes, you read that right. my mother knows the exploits of Chirico Cuvie.(then again, i think she missed the Alone again OVA)

as for the chronological order, i found this thread. one poster supplied an image flow chart.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1364480
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
yazi88

I highly recommend watching the show in release order, main TV series along with Last Red Shoulder and Big Battle. Then Roots of Ambition followed by Pailsen Files. Then Shining Heresy, Alone Again and then Phantom Arc. Alone Again is the only one I recommend going out of release order with since it was released after Phantom Arc but it takes place right before it.
Chris
Administrator

I would definitely recommend watching in production order, as watching in chronological order will spoil in advance some of the TV series' big revelations. I would follow yazi88's order and additionally note that Merowlink, Case Irvine and VOTOMS Finder are spinoffs that have nothing to do with the story of Chirico Cuvie (well, Merowlink does indirectly).
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Cardi Doorl

As a general rule, any connected fictional franchise (movies, TV shows, novels, etc.) are, with very few exceptions, best experienced in release order. Even if later releases feature a plot that takes place chronically before earlier releases, they're usually made with the assumption that the viewer/reader knows the earlier-released material.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!