Macross II Soundtrack Question

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
LightningCount

Macross II Soundtrack Question

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows which soundtrack (OST 1 or OST 2) of Macross II has the song that plays in OVA Part 5 when Nexx is going all out in Metal Siren to try to stop the Marduk from advancing. It starts at about 13:18 in the episode. It has punchy brass and piano with an eventual backing of strings and guitar. Thanks in advance!
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Seto Kaiba

Re: Macross II Soundtrack Question

LightningCount wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:38 pm Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows which soundtrack (OST 1 or OST 2) of Macross II has the song that plays in OVA Part 5 when Nexx is going all out in Metal Siren to try to stop the Marduk from advancing. It starts at about 13:18 in the episode. It has punchy brass and piano with an eventual backing of strings and guitar. Thanks in advance!
Track 24 on OST II, "Last Defense Game".

- Your friendly neighborhood Macross II nut.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
LightningCount

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:28 am

THANKS Seto! Now I know which CD to track down. Given the relative inactivity of this side of the forum and the shall we say "iffy" reputation Macross II has gotten over the years, I was concerned no one would be able to help. But I gave it a shot, and you came through! For the record, even if it can be rough around the edges at times, I actually enjoyed Macross II a good deal. While it does keep some familiar franchise plot beats and a few of them feel rushed, it turns a lot on its head to keep you intrigued with its unique point-of-view perspective. The mecha design feels fresh for Macross, it has some clever interpersonal moments, and like the aforementioned Nexx scene, it has some spectacular moments of animation. It's too bad the remastered version hasn't gotten an overseas release yet.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Seto Kaiba

LightningCount wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:10 pm
Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:28 am

THANKS Seto! Now I know which CD to track down. Given the relative inactivity of this side of the forum and the shall we say "iffy" reputation Macross II has gotten over the years, I was concerned no one would be able to help. But I gave it a shot, and you came through! For the record, even if it can be rough around the edges at times, I actually enjoyed Macross II a good deal. While it does keep some familiar franchise plot beats and a few of them feel rushed, it turns a lot on its head to keep you intrigued with its unique point-of-view perspective. The mecha design feels fresh for Macross, it has some clever interpersonal moments, and like the aforementioned Nexx scene, it has some spectacular moments of animation. It's too bad the remastered version hasn't gotten an overseas release yet.
No problemo... actually have both OSTs on my phone, so I was able to find this one pretty quick. Macross II is what got me into Macross... and translating Japanese publications... and collecting model VFs... and a couple other hobbies as well.

It's a fun little show, but definitely more Gundam-y than Macross usually tries to be on account of being made in no small measure by staffers fresh from Char's Counterattack and Zeta Gundam.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...