The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Arsarcana

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Look a few posts back and you'll see we've already been discussing those pictures since last week. MS A feels likely to be a Teiwaz design, MS B could be another Valkyrie Frame.
X_zoro

Arsarcana wrote:Look a few posts back and you'll see we've already been discussing those pictures since last week. MS A feels likely to be a Teiwaz design, MS B could be another Valkyrie Frame.
Oh my apologies then didn't see the posts before.
Deathzealot

Or another machine with the Io Frame.
yazi88

It seems that the Gundam Flauros is the closest thing we've seen resembling a artillery mobile suit in this world. You would think at a Graze Cannon variant would be around armed with high caliber cannons or mortars to penetrate the armor of enemy suits... That is a bit strange...
E08

From 1/100 Barbatos Lupus: 1, 2, 3

Most of the text has the same meaning as the High Grade's, but just worded differently and with the previously missing information added.

*New missing info:
Gundam Frame Section
-During the modification to Lupus, frame parts in the arm and leg joints were changed to those reproduced by Teiwaz. This not only help to resolve the accumulated damages, but also improve movability.
Gundam Barbatos Lupus Section
-The cable connecting the pilot to the machine's AV system was changed, and can be extended out of the cockpit. This is to assist Mikazuki who has lost sensation in the right arm, which is an after-effect of previous battle. (Nice! Wonder how far the cable can extend?)
-The name 'Lupus' was given by the Saisei's maintenance chief, who was also responsible for the machine's maintenance.

*Mistakes:
Gundam Barbatos Lupus Section
-Should be ' The reaction speed and mobility of the frame…' instead of 'The reaction and flexibility of the frame…'.

This is pretty late, but the english text for the 200mm caliber guns on the option set 5 box is wrong. It should be something like 'it is possible for close range weapons to be equipped onto the hands'. This seems to be a reference to its hands-free design.

On an unrelated note, for those who are unaware, the english text in model kit manuals has spread to HG (Strike Freedom, Guncannon First Type) and RE 1/100 (Bawoo).
NBMech

Mika being able to climb out of the cockpit while still attached to the Barbatos is pretty interesting. We've seen this done with the mobile workers correct?
Interesting
amagee2100

yazi88 wrote:It seems that the Gundam Flauros is the closest thing we've seen resembling a artillery mobile suit in this world. You would think at a Graze Cannon variant would be around armed with high caliber cannons or mortars to penetrate the armor of enemy suits... That is a bit strange...
This is something I've given quite a lot of thought and I think it comes down to a basic fact about Gundam Frames: they are stronger than other mobile suits. I don't mean they're just sturdier though. In the show, Gundams separate themselves from other mobile suits by performing feats of much greater physical strength - carrying much larger physical weapons, catching enemy attacks to the shock of enemy pilots, etc.. With this in mind, it's not surprising that it's only Gundams you see sporting big shell-firing weapons that give a lot of kickback. The largest weapons you've seen on other P.D. mobile suits are either rocket bazookas or railguns - I think that's what the new Reginlaze was using - both of which don't have the same level of kick that could bother the mobile suit.
SonicSP

I wonder whether it can be correlated to the much higher Ahab Particle output? Ahab Particles have the ability to reduce G-forces so the Gundam Frames might be able to withstand higher recoil using large guns too not just by having a stronger frame but by possible using more Ahab Particles for this.

=====

@E08 Thanks.
E08

A look at new Gundam Frame - Gundam Bael, MS A (maybe) and MS B with a gigantic blade. And the MA with a little extra.
Arsarcana

Yeow, that's a big weapon. Also, if you look you can read that the card gives its name: Helmwige Linker. Valkyrie Frame confirmed. Wonder if there is/was a second unit called Helmwige Recht.
PowerdGNFlag

There's also this new MS (which I'm pretty sure is Teiwaz) named 辟邪.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Amion

That... that mobile armor... is THE BEST design I have ever seen. This is what MA's have been missing all this time, and I never knew... favorite IBO design, period. This MUST be animated post haste.

It, it just looks like a glorious missing link between the Elmeth and Qubeley. Absolute perfection.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
biohazard_star

Is it just me, or does the new Mobile Armor look a lot like a Gundam Frame chopped up and reconfigured as a Mobile Armor? Kinda like Gusion with the limb extenders the Brewers used on it.
Amion

I'm not seeing that at all. Everything feels like it belongs on the MAMAEP. (Most Awesome Mobile Armor Ever. Period)
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
biohazard_star

Its upper arms are practically Gundam Frame legs reconfigured as giant arms, whereas the smaller unit looks like it's making use of a Gundam Frame's arms. Not to mention that cable attached to the smaller unit is probably for controlling it with Alaya-Vijnana.

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/201 ... phans.html
Arsarcana

Still not really seeing it. That the joints in the smaller unit's arms have some vague similarities to the Gundam Frame's elbow joints doesn't mean that we're looking at one, just that it might have been produced alongside that frame and taken some shared styling elements for its internals. If the arms of the MA look like anything we've seen before, it's the Hugo or maybe the Grimgerde elongated.

Also, that cable isn't connecting the MA to the smaller unit, it's connecting the blade-like 'tail' to the main body. The perspective of the one shot just makes it look like it's connecting to the smaller unit but you can see from the second model on the right that it's not actually attached to the purple machine at all.
biohazard_star

Well, the MA is clearly a Naohiro Washio design, and he's been exclusively designing Gundam Frame-related designs in IBO (Barbatos/Rebake/Baal), so it's pretty much guaranteed that it's related to the Gundam Frame type series. As for whether it's a Gundam Frame Type or not, I suppose that depends on what defines a Gundam Frame. At the very least, given its immense size, I'm assuming it needs a dual Ahab Reactor to power it, much like the Brewers' Gusion.

http://i.imgur.com/eMtpCpu.jpg
SonicSP

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me that MA is actually a Gundam, that definitely looks like it might be a Gundam Frame.

We already know from Brewers Gusion that the Gundam Frame can be re-shaped into non-humanoid skeletal forms and even have the limbs be disconnected from one another to function, that may very well be the case here, assuming the size ratio for the normal Gundam Frame fits with this MA's torso. (I have no clue as to what size this MA is personally)

Of course, it's also possible that it's like a sibling design as opposed to a Gundam Frame reshaped into MA.

Wish we had more angles though. I can sort of see what might looks like one of the Gundam Frames twin Ahab Reactor there, but it's hard to tell for sure with just one angle and one picture.
yazi88

Ironically this new mobile armor kind of resembles the GNC-666 Balbadoro which is related to the GGV-000 Barbatos from SD Gundam G Generation World/Overworld....
kabukigang777

to me im right about vidar gundam own by gaelio becoming cyborg,my prediction the Helmwige Linker will be use by rustal because his the main villan and mcgillis have Grimgerde so it make sense if rustal own it,the bael gundam will own by maybe Hush Middy?