The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Arsarcana

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

I know the feeling and I'd normally read that as Crow as well, but I encountered the same rendering in a game I was playing (as a spell) and assumed it was that, only for the descriptive text and graphics to make it obvious it was Claw. What made it especially fun is that there was a character whose name was written the same way but in that case it was meant to be Crow. Yay Japanese. xD

Oh, another thing, for the Geirail Scharfrichter's description 'melee' is appropriate, with the addendum that it's specifically in the sense of 'free for all combat where you could be attacked from any direction at any time' since it's got such heavy armor that covers it from every angle.
Dark Duel

The main thing I'm wondering at the moment, apart from the mystery large unit Tekkadan found, is the Flauros - more particularly, I'm curious what the Flauros's color scheme is gonna look like once they've got it cleaned up and up and running - whether it'd be that same light grey that we saw when they dug it up, or something else.
I also kinda wonder who the pilot's gonna be.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
MayflyOfSpace

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G6W5VVCQiGw/ ... t-ms-b.jpg

Looks like we've got a silhouette for MS B, due out in January. My gut says it's another Valkyrie frame, but whatever it is, I like it's overall shape.
Kuruni

..with horns and heavy build, the silhouete give heavy vibe of evil super robot. Very reminiscent of Black Ox and Marine Kaizer.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MayflyOfSpace

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AkoxUwxkFQw/ ... t-ms-a.jpg

MS A as well. Looks kind of Rouei-ish, but I doubt it's some kind of Rouei upgrade. Definitely think its some kind of Teiwaz-frame based suit, though.
kibasy

MayflyOfSpace wrote:https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G6W5VVCQiGw/ ... t-ms-b.jpg

Looks like we've got a silhouette for MS B, due out in January. My gut says it's another Valkyrie frame, but whatever it is, I like it's overall shape.
Valkyrie frame is a cool frame, sadly we only saw 1 MS so far. I'm hoping they bring out more.
Arsarcana

MayflyOfSpace wrote:https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G6W5VVCQiGw/ ... t-ms-b.jpg

Reminds me a bit of the 'Slash Buffalo'. Not sure if it's going to end up being a Valkyrie Frame machine but I sure wouldn't mind getting another of those.

And yeah, my money on MS A is it being a Teiwaz design.
MayflyOfSpace

Arsarcana wrote: Reminds me a bit of the 'Slash Buffalo'.
That's what it was reminding me of! I knew it was something from another series, but I just couldn't think of it.
NBMech

I like that buff beetle looking MS. Looks like the grimgerde. The other MS looks somewhat like the shiden.
Kuruni

Dark Duel wrote:The main thing I'm wondering at the moment, apart from the mystery large unit Tekkadan found, is the Flauros
The giant machine is likely the DOC Base, and Flauros probaly has ability to spread nanomachine :mrgreen: .
E08

Manual time again. First, the option set
Too bad, no mention about what the Muti-Weapon pack's barrel weapon is, or the name of the part that must be switched out to attach the sword unit. The HD MW is the Dawn Horizon Corp's MW.

Next, the Geirail: 1, 2
*Missing info from the english text:
MS Profile
-After the Graze fully took over from the Geirail, the latter is no longer deployed in combat. It is only seen in the training schools' teaching materials.
-The Gjallarhorn registration codes for the frames that were used as camouflage are all missing (or something like that…)
-The special treatments for Galan Mossa's Geirail were arranged by Rustal Elion.
-The equipment/armament (for Galan Mossa's unit only?) is mainly for ground combat, and adopts a close-mid range configuration.
Character Profile
-Galan Mossa is an alias.
Shield-Axe
-Galan Mossa's preferred weapon.
Frame Section
-Despite helping to end the war, the Gundam Frame has no successor as its structure is too complex.

*Mistakes:
-Should be high mobility instead of high flexibility in the back hover unit text.

Lastly, the Shiden: 1, 2
*Missing info from the english text:
MS Profile
-The Ahab Reactor used are from the Calamity War era and salvaged from the debris zone.
-The biggest strong point for the Shiden is that it is still being further developed.
Io Frame Section
-The area around the cockpit uses the same system as Hyakuri and Hyakuren.
Tactics Section
-The visor is to protect the main head camera.

*Mistakes:
MS Profile
-The 'drilling of the frame material' should be 'crafting of the frame material'.
-Rather than 'it comes equipped with various items to respond to different environment', it is more accurate to say 'it can be equipped with various equipment to respond to different environment'.
Riot Shield
-'convoy protection' instead of 'convoy assignment on ships'.
Shinji_Shinigami

I keep wondering, why we haven't seen any more Graze Schwalbe, then the two, that Gaelio and MCGillis used? As far as i know they are "Commander Machines" yet all the Commanders have either used The Graze Ritter or the newer somewhat prototypie Reginlaze. It can be assumed that the Reginlaze is far better then the Schwalbe, yet i am not sure if this is the case with the Ritter.

What i mean, why give his subordinate the better machine? sure he has the Grimgarde (however he managed to get a hold to that anyway...) and wants to keep his cover intact. But by giving away a suit that is (maybe) better then a Mobile suit that is more about aesthetic than combat ability?

I fail to see the logic in that.

Ideas?
Kuruni

AFAIK, Schwalbe is a rare machine. Like how YMS-14 become MS-14S, a prototype turned commander.

And Schwalbe is emphasize on high speed combat that it is actually a bad machine when operate at low speed. I guess that walking around in jungle would be the worst situation for it. And no, Ritter is not "more about aesthetic than combat ability".
yazi88

The Schwalbe is a high mobility machine that's seems to be mostly for space use hence the boosters all over its body, its also less armored in order to reduce wait, it also has stability issues that would hinder combat in gravity. The Graze Reitter is more armored but also more stable, and it's land combat equipment probably isn't compatible with the Schwalbe.

Not to mention as stated for the Schwalbe, it needs higher maintenance and its parts are rarer too while the Reitter is a mass produced albeit limited to the Orbital fleet.

The Regingraze seems to be a modified/reinforced Graze frame with a emphasis on more performance rather than the all rounded and easy maintenance nature of the regular Graze.
Deathzealot

Also who's to say that the Schwalbe had used by ace pilots and commanders before the introduction of the Reginlace.
Shinji_Shinigami

Deathzealot wrote:Also who's to say that the Schwalbe had used by ace pilots and commanders before the introduction of the Reginlace.
True. For whatever reason, we only saw two Schwalbe units, that have been handed down to subordinates, like the first Gundam to the secondary protagonist, after the main character got a new gundam....

And i admit that i never thought of the spare part dilema. What also makes me wonder, how many schwalbe were ever produced and what there main purpose was, since apparantly none of their strong points have been added to the next generation of mobile suits (so far)

This all makes me wonder, how expensive a mobile suit in this gundam universe is, and how high maintainance is. I'd say that constant maintainance was never so present in an gundam universe like this, yet it miracously works out every time. Meaning, no spare parts missing and everything is somewhat repairable.
E08

Shinji_Shinigami wrote:I keep wondering, why we haven't seen any more Graze Schwalbe, then the two, that Gaelio and MCGillis used? As far as i know they are "Commander Machines" yet all the Commanders have either used The Graze Ritter or the newer somewhat prototypie Reginlaze. It can be assumed that the Reginlaze is far better then the Schwalbe, yet i am not sure if this is the case with the Ritter.

What i mean, why give his subordinate the better machine? sure he has the Grimgarde (however he managed to get a hold to that anyway...) and wants to keep his cover intact. But by giving away a suit that is (maybe) better then a Mobile suit that is more about aesthetic than combat ability?

I fail to see the logic in that.

Ideas?
You forgot the Graze Commander Type used by the grunts. Also AFAIK, it is not yet stated that Reginlazes are all piloted commanders. Julieta is not a commander if i'm not wrong...

As for whether Reginlaze being far better than Schwalbe, i'm not so sure, since there isn't any comparison between the two so far in show or in other materials. In the same vein, it is not possible to say with certainty that Schwalbe is better than the Ritter, especially when Mcgillis' Ritter has improved ground mobility compared to Carta's Ritter.
yazi88 wrote:The Schwalbe is a high mobility machine that's seems to be mostly for space use hence the boosters all over its body, its also less armored in order to reduce wait, it also has stability issues that would hinder combat in gravity. The Graze Reitter is more armored but also more stable, and it's land combat equipment probably isn't compatible with the Schwalbe.

Not to mention as stated for the Schwalbe, it needs higher maintenance and its parts are rarer too while the Reitter is a mass produced albeit limited to the Orbital fleet.

The Regingraze seems to be a modified/reinforced Graze frame with a emphasis on more performance rather than the all rounded and easy maintenance nature of the regular Graze.
The Schwalbe can be used on earth, it is noted to be operable in any environment like the Graze. Heck, the flight unit on its back allows it to fly in the atmosphere. I'm not sure if the Schwalbe has lighter armor to reduce weight, although it is mentioned to have lightened equipment, which could possibly include armor. As for the stability issue, well, the Schwalbe is always described as a MS that requires highly skilled pilots and Mcgillis is noted to meet that criteria. Otherwise, why would he be piloting one?

As for the land combat equipment used by the Ritter, it might be compatible with the Schwalbe, considering that the Schwalbe use the same Graze Frame as the Ritter.

As for the Reginlaze, it is actually still an all rounder like the Graze and is still easy to maintain.
Shinji_Shinigami wrote:What also makes me wonder, how many schwalbe were ever produced and what there main purpose was, since apparantly none of their strong points have been added to the next generation of mobile suits.
I guess you could see the Schwalbe as a high performance machine for skilled commanders/ace pilot. Anyway, the show is still in progress, so there is still a chance to see a successor to the Schwalbe.
Dark Duel

I recall reading somewhere that the Schwalbe - whose model number is EB-05, whereas the standard Graze and all other variants thereof have the model number EB-06 - was one of two competing designs for a mass-production mobile suit for Gjallarhorn, which lost out to the EB-06 due to the latter's greater cost-effectiveness and ease of piloting.

Based on that, my assumption was that there only ever was a very small number of Schwalbe units built, - possibly even no more than the two we've already seen.
[speculation]
I assume those two were assigned to McGillis and Gaelio as much because of their status as heirs to two of the Seven Stars' families as due to their piloting skill.

Might also explain why the only one we've seen since the last season is McGillis's old one - because these machines were so rare and parts so scarce, the other one was never repaired following its Impalement with Extreme Prejudice in Earth orbit in season 1.
[/speculation]
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Ah... my bad... perhaps I should've used the word BALANCE for the Schwalbe regarding its issues compared to the regular Graze... its too hard for regular pilots to use, and I don't think the fuel consumption is any better given the various number of thrusters on it.

I'm actually curious if the Graze was also partly developed from the Geirail on the development of its frame, even though both had their linage from the Grimgerde. Cause the model number might imply they were based on the same frame given the Schwalbe and the regular Graze. The reason I'm saying this is because the Reginlaze is a modiefied Graze frame. Given that the Reginlaze is the EB-08 and that the Graze is the EB-06, either the prototype Reginlaze is the EB-07, or that a different machine based on the Graze has that model number.