The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
PowerdGNFlag

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

E08 wrote: -Yugo: Uses Hex (or is it Hexa) Frame (?, ヘキサ・フレーム), but with reverse leg orientation. Designed for capture and raiding in the Debris Sea (?, デブリ海域). Uses Wire Claw and Leg Claw to capture (its target), and then striking with its physical weapons.
The kana used in the name (ユーゴー) is the same as that used in writing Hugo (like Victor Hugo Hugo) so that can be an alternate romanization.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
AmuroNT1

Randomly, it seems Gundam Try-Age is adding another IBO Gundam to the game, named "Gundam Dantelion".

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hCHcj-gpODo/ ... /gta01.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QzlgNidSMwk/ ... 465654.png
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Dark Duel

Huh. Dantelion. As in "dandelion"?
I'd have to double-check the Ars Goetia, but I do not believe that this game one follows the same naming convention as the others.
That said, it's a little weird, but it's a neat design.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Dantelion(or Dantalion/Dantalian) is in fact the name of the Seventy-First Demon of the Ars Goetia - so it's not named after the flower after all :P
At the same time, this consistency in naming convention also means that we know its model number already: ASW-G-71.

I say this because - and I'm sure I don't need to point that out - AFAIK each Gundam so far has followed the same pattern for its model number: ASW-G-##, where the number is equivalent to the numerical order of the Demons listed in the Ars Goetia; Barbatos is the eighth, Gusion the 11th, Kimaris the 29th, and Kimaris the 66th.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
MayflyOfSpace

So it looks like this Gundam is ASW-G-64 Gundam Floras:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1oVEaRBZjCk/ ... 687686.png

While this one seems to be called the Widar (Vidar?), which doesn't match up with any Ars Goetia names.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pt7MedWnTXY/ ... 161107.jpg

I saw someone suggest that perhaps it's an upgraded Kimaris, called the Kimaris Vidar as a parallel to the Barbatos Lupus. The reasoning was Lupus, meaning wolf, could be a stand in for Fenrir, which in Norse myth is killed by Vidar, who is a god associated with vengeance. Vidar kills Fenrir to avenge the death of his father, Odin. I think it's all a bit of a stretch, but a semi-believable stretch. If this is the case, it would still be ASW-G-66.
Amion

I think it looks like Kimaris, and was just about to pass that off as impossible until reading Mayfly's comment. So yes, I would say it is in fact an upgraded Kimaris. It makes sense that it would be refurbished after Chocolate Man trashed it.

Only question now is, is it being piloted by someone new? Is that confirmed? Or has Galileo become a prisoner to the hated AV? *Evil Smile*
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
MayflyOfSpace

Amion wrote:Only question now is, is it being piloted by someone new? Is that confirmed? Or has Galileo become a prisoner to the hated AV? *Evil Smile*
Ever since Gaelio seemingly died, I've felt like he might be back in S2 fulfilling the same role that Ein did.
X_zoro

MayflyOfSpace wrote:So it looks like this Gundam is ASW-G-64 Gundam Floras:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1oVEaRBZjCk/ ... 687686.png

While this one seems to be called the Widar (Vidar?), which doesn't match up with any Ars Goetia names.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pt7MedWnTXY/ ... 161107.jpg

I saw someone suggest that perhaps it's an upgraded Kimaris, called the Kimaris Vidar as a parallel to the Barbatos Lupus. The reasoning was Lupus, meaning wolf, could be a stand in for Fenrir, which in Norse myth is killed by Vidar, who is a god associated with vengeance. Vidar kills Fenrir to avenge the death of his father, Odin. I think it's all a bit of a stretch, but a semi-believable stretch. If this is the case, it would still be ASW-G-66.
Wait dose it even say what Number Vidar is ?
Dark Duel

At a quick glance, this scan at least does not specify a model number for the Vidar/Widar. So we don't know for certain yet.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ChaoticSheep1

Vidar couldn't be Valefor(Valefar) could it? Duke Valefor the demon was from the Ars Goetia.
Arsarcana

Way too much of a stretch from the Japanese to get to that. The Japanese here is ヴィダール while Valefor would be written ウァレフォル, ヴァラファール or something else resembling one of those, Japanese being flexible with that sort of thing. In other words, only the first and last syllables are close. If they wanted it to be Valefor they'd have chosen an existing rendering that people would recognize. You can see the Japanese fanbase is as confused as we are by the lack of resemblence to anything from the Ars Goetia. ;)
SonicSP

Amion wrote:I think it looks like Kimaris, and was just about to pass that off as impossible until reading Mayfly's comment. So yes, I would say it is in fact an upgraded Kimaris. It makes sense that it would be refurbished after Chocolate Man trashed it.

Only question now is, is it being piloted by someone new? Is that confirmed? Or has Galileo become a prisoner to the hated AV? *Evil Smile*
lol maybe it's Ein. He probably has the most all-out hatred of Tekkadan out of anybody. Gaelio probably has more reason to hate McGillis more than anyone else.
Dark Duel

I really hope it's not, because that would be an almost Mwu LaFlaga-level ###pull IMO. Ein was reduced to pretty much just a torso and head. And then IIRC what remained ended up Impaled with Extreme Prejudice in the final showdown with the Barbatos at the end of the first season.

So IMO, it's pretty much impossible for it to be Ein. Gaelio, theoretically, is more plausible IMO because IIRC unlike Mika against the Graze Ein, Fabulous McGillis didn't directly stab the Kimaris's cockpit, so there's a possibility that he survived.

SonicSP

Maybe he survived as an AI in a chip? Super unlikely yeah, but if they truly wanted to write him in, they can do it. It would be a vengeful ghost kind of thing, now truly nothin of him is technically alive anymore.

The dangers of mechanization is one of the themes of the show and background info (it even provides the rationalization of why AV System is so stigmatized since heavy mechanization was one of the causes of the war) so this would still fit that. It would be a further along the line of that evolution since now he truly would be 100% machine with no biological components.

I don't know what would be the "official" Gjallajorn story on how Gaelio died but if Ein somehow still exists and find out that Gaelio got killed by them, he will go even more ballistic than he already has. Since they caused the campaign, it wouldn't be a hard conclusion to draw - maybe even switching that vengeance to McGillis later if he ever stumbled upon the truth. In a way, getting final revenge on Gaelio's true killer in his old mobile suit

I think it's unlikely as well but this being a show, it's always remains a possibility regardless of the specific technical reasons they may possibly use to justify it. It wouldn't be the first time a show has pulled that stunt either regardless of how good or a bad idea we think it is.

I guess we'll know the answer soon and it would be interesting to see where the writers take this vengeful Gundam thing. Even if it's not Ein, it would be interesting to find out. Hopefully it would be someone we already know from Season 1 as opposed to some new person that happened to be affected by Tekkadan's campaign off-screen in back then.

======

Of course, one good reason why Almiria might be a good candidate is because she's actually part of Bedoin's family so she has a inherited right to that mobile suit. It does seem very unlike that assuming it's still with Gjallajorn that they would let someone from outside the family pilot it. It's too important of a symbol. And she's engaged and - in love with McGillis so if she pilots it, eventually finds out her brother's true murderer, there's potential drama there with a mobile suit battle involved. Only snag here is that she might still be too young for this.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Dark Duel wrote:Gaelio, theoretically, is more plausible IMO because IIRC unlike Mika against the Graze Ein, Fabulous McGillis didn't directly stab the Kimaris's cockpit, so there's a possibility that he survived.
If you watch closely, McGillis actually does stab the Kimaris in the cockpit... but the hit is deflected and lands in the gap between the cockpit hatch and the torso armor instead. Benefits of a Gundam frame, one presumes. It's a neat little detail that makes me think Gaelio is likely to have some role in the second season.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
kabukigang777

possible i know gaelio will be alive?using this vidar and act like center of two factors.
E08

Some updates:
-The new MW used by Tekkadan is known as the TK-56 Tekkadan Mobile Worker. Specs and additional info for other weapons included in the Option Set 5 model kit here.
-More images for Julieta's Reginlaze here. The shield-like items are noted to be gauntlets, the twin piles are noted to be composite weapons with hand guard and a small anchor that can be fired out on a line.
-Geirail is armed with a rifle and an axe that can be used as a shield. Can equip a hover unit to its rear waist. Image here.
-The blades carried on Hugo's back are called 'Scimitar'. Shot Anchor Claws on its side armor and it also uses a machine gun. Image here
-Lastly, a surprise to no one, the Gusion Rebake Full City has sub-arms on its back. Imagehere

There are rumors that the S2 model kits will have engrish translation in the manual.

Edit. Almost forgot. For those who wants up-to-date info on IBO S2 mecha, can keep track of this page.
Kuruni

E08 wrote:There are rumors that the S2 model kits will have engrish translation in the manual.
I hope it strong English like Soviet Russia. With good Grammer the manual look like a god and Bannam will be rich like czar.
My girlfriend was a loli.
E08

Official site updated with two new Tekkdan MS.

Shino's Shiden Custom (Ryusei-Go): Shoulder thrusters and short shield were added and equipped respectively at Shino's request. It is designed to fight using its high mobility. The old Ryusei-Go's cockpit seat and so on were moved to this machine, thus it can utilize the AV system and is a one of a kind Shiden.

Land Man Rodi:The Man Rodis captured from Brewers were converted into Earth use configuration. They are later used by Tekkadan's Earth Branch. Has the AV system and displays adequate mobility under Earth's gravity.

Edit: No wonder i find the Land Man Rodi's legs and feet familiar. They are the same as those on the Labrys, which is from the side story.
NBMech

E08 wrote:Some updates:
-The new MW used by Tekkadan is known as the TK-56 Tekkadan Mobile Worker. Specs and additional info for other weapons included in the Option Set 5 model kit here.
-More images for Julieta's Reginlaze here. The shield-like items are noted to be gauntlets, the twin piles are noted to be composite weapons with hand guard and a small anchor that can be fired out on a line.
-Geirail is armed with a rifle and an axe that can be used as a shield. Can equip a hover unit to its rear waist. Image here.
-The blades carried on Hugo's back are called 'Scimitar'. Shot Anchor Claws on its side armor and it also uses a machine gun. Image here
-Lastly, a surprise to no one, the Gusion Rebake Full City has sub-arms on its back. Imagehere

There are rumors that the S2 model kits will have engrish translation in the manual.

Edit. Almost forgot. For those who wants up-to-date info on IBO S2 mecha, can keep track of this page.
I saw a picture of the barbatos lupus manual with English writing a few days ago. Don't remember if it was Engrish tho.
YokozunaBulldozer

Since Vidar derives from one of Anthony Hopkin's... I mean Odin's sons from Norse Mythology I guess season 2 will have hints of Norse mythology references here and there.
Design-wise seems like they took notes from S Gundam, Hyaku-shiki, GP03 Stamen, and Gaia Gundam.

As for the other suits, first impressions are:
- Shiden's head reminds me of the pilot helmets from Gasaraki and the Burai from Code Geass
- Hugo/Yugo looks like a Virtual-on mecha
- Loving Garm Rodi's design
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER