The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
battletech

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:The epilogue raised more questions than it answered, including leaving the entire driving question of the plot unresolved.
Which makes me think that the Try special might just be a setup for the GBF special. The daughter's visit is in some way a reason for Reji and Aila to vist their old friends again.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
latenlazy

I found this special well done entertainment, which is what it set out to do. For that alone it passed my bar. Could I do an entire series of this? Goodness no, but package giant beam spam in a nostalgia OVA and I'm totally okay. Really liked that reveal at the end. Looking forward to their follow through!
Brave Fencer Kirby

battletech wrote:Which makes me think that the Try special might just be a setup for the GBF special. The daughter's visit is in some way a reason for Reji and Aila to vist their old friends again.
It was pretty heavily implied in Try that Aila and Reiji are already visiting Sei and China. There's a brief scene where the latter two are watching Team Try Fighters in the tournament, but there are four tea cups set out, for instance.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Kuruni

In the last scene, we see the girl's Petiteguy with Command Gundam and Beginning.

IN GBF, we saw that China keep the Command, so unless Aila actually build new one (unlikely, but not impossible), then they must have comeback already.
, it bothers me that she needed a Gunpla and didn't know how to build one when her homeland manufactures its own plamo line.
How old you think that girl is? Keep in mind that 8 years has pass between GBF and Island War. Maybe her parents just thought she's too young to enjoy it.
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

Kuruni wrote:Maybe her parents just thought she's too young to enjoy it.
Given her mother's reaction at the end, I don't think that's the case.
Dark Duel

Kuruni wrote:In the last scene, we see the girl's Petiteguy with Command Gundam and Beginning.

IN GBF, we saw that China keep the Command, so unless Aila actually build new one (unlikely, but not impossible), then they must have comeback already.
Unless China built a second one as a way of remembering Aila? I dunno.
The entire thing sort of confuses me, TBH.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

monster wrote:
Given her mother's reaction at the end, I don't think that's the case.
Her very first reaction is surprise. That's actually normal reaction from parent when their child surpass their expectation (unless it's something dangerous).

Think of yourself as a normal parent here for once. Imagine your very young kid ask to build gunpla (or other crafting hobby), you think she's too young and so ask her to wait a few years, then just few days later she come up to you with finished work and joyful smile. What kind of reaction will you have if not say it's cool?
monster

Kuruni wrote:Her very first reaction is surprise. That's actually normal reaction from parent when their child surpass their expectation (unless it's something dangerous).

Think of yourself as a normal parent here for once. Imagine your very young kid ask to build gunpla (or other crafting hobby), you think she's too young and so ask her to wait a few years, then just few days later she come up to you with finished work and joyful smile. What kind of reaction will you have if not say it's cool?
I'm pretty sure the kid that got a gunpla at Sei's shop was the same age or maybe even younger than her. The mother's surprise was a normal reaction, but not necessarily because she thought her daughter was too young for gunpla. Just the fact she had a gunpla without her mother knowing would elicit a surprise reaction.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Kuruni wrote:How old you think that girl is? Keep in mind that 8 years has pass between GBF and Island War.
That's the other thing that's a little squirrely about the whole deal. It's hard to guess the ages of characters in anime, but if I had to, I'd say she's around seven or so. Certainly not any younger than about five.
Spoiler
Both Reiji and Aila were all of fourteen during GBF, and it's now eight years later. Even being generous, barring some sort of "time passes at a different rate in Arian" shenanigans (which we've seen no indication of), they would have been about sixteen when Aila got pregnant, which is... a little awkward.
Kuruni

monster wrote:I'm pretty sure the kid that got a gunpla at Sei's shop was the same age or maybe even younger than her.
I'm certain that it's up to parents to decide what's suitable for their young kid or not. Just because a kid next door get something doesn't mean your parents will agree.

You seem to be under impression that I calim her parent forbid her from making gunpla, I didn't. Just because they think she better wait a few more years doesn't mean they think it's bad, they may simply think she's too impatient to actually sit down and work on it (and consider she travel all the way from her home just to get a gunpla, she's indeed an impulsive kid). Ok, there exist strict family which anything you done without parents' permission will result in backhanded regardless of how well you did or if it's harmless. But as noted, normal parent will simply glad that their kid surpass their expectation unless it's dangerous.

Speaking of being impatent, there's also possiblity that her first gunpla building lesson was total mess, I mean, patient is not something we remember about her father...
Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:
Spoiler
Both Reiji and Aila were all of fourteen during GBF, and it's now eight years later. Even being generous, barring some sort of "time passes at a different rate in Arian" shenanigans (which we've seen no indication of), they would have been about sixteen when Aila got pregnant, which is... a little awkward.
My impression is that their nation's cultural level is fantasy medieval but with high technology here and there (think some of Miyazaki's works), so 16 might be a little late even. Well, don't think about it too much, in the United States in the 1890s, several states had an age of consent as low as 10. :D
monster

Kuruni wrote:I'm certain that it's up to parents to decide what's suitable for their young kid or not. Just because a kid next door get something doesn't mean your parents will agree.

You seem to be under impression that I calim her parent forbid her from making gunpla, I didn't. Just because they think she better wait a few more years doesn't mean they think it's bad, they may simply think she's too impatient to actually sit down and work on it (and consider she travel all the way from her home just to get a gunpla, she's indeed an impulsive kid). Ok, there exist strict family which anything you done without parents' permission will result in backhanded regardless of how well you did or if it's harmless. But as noted, normal parent will simply glad that their kid surpass their expectation unless it's dangerous.

Speaking of being impatent, there's also possiblity that her first gunpla building lesson was total mess, I mean, patient is not something we remember about her father...
Sure, every parents are different. But considering this is a show that promotes gunpla, it doesn't seem right to go for that conclusion unless there is an actual indication for it.

It also doesn't explain why she had to go a different world to get a gunpla. She should've been able to be just as impulsive in her own world.
MarshalBraginsky

Kinda liked the new designs of the Gunpla for Island Wars, and especially the
Spoiler
Lightning Gundam's third equipment
Which I would gladly like to buy when it comes out.
Kuruni

monster wrote:Sure, every parents are different. But considering this is a show that promotes gunpla, it doesn't seem right to go for that conclusion unless there is an actual indication for it.
Bolded because you seem to have problem telling different from theory from conclusion.
E08

For those wondering, Transient Gundam Glacier is a Build Fighters Honoo Try gunpla.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I thought the OVA was fun, a harmless romp in the GBF/Try universe.

Although I gotta say, the kid's reaction to when the little girl disappeared was hysterical. That reaction alone made the silly-harem antics worth it. At least for me.

Although I wonder if we will see mecha from IBO in more followup OVAs (assume there are more). Because, correct me if I am wrong, did the Bear-Guy use the same spear weapon Gundam Barbatos has?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Dark Duel

I believe that was indeed Barbatos's spear/mace from IBO. So, IMO it's a distinct possibility.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Brave Fencer Kirby

Soma Taozi wrote:Although I gotta say, the kid's reaction to when the little girl disappeared was hysterical.
That made me wonder what they knew about what actually happened during GBF's climax, personally. They clearly knew that it involved out of control plavsky particles, but apparently they didn't know about four people vanishing into thin air. (Even though Yuuma's sister was there when it happened -- I guess she never told him about it?) What does the public think happened to those people? Does everyone think they're dead? Or is it just that no one noticed that they were never seen again?
monster

Kuruni wrote:Bolded because you seem to have problem telling different from theory from conclusion.
Yes, it's your theory (in a non-scientific usage of the term), and I simply gave my reasons why I don't think that to be the case. If it's really not your conclusion, then you don't have to defend it unless you find an actual problem with my reasoning or you have your own reasoning to make that an actual conclusion rather than simply a theory.
Kuruni

monster wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Bolded because you seem to have problem telling different from theory from conclusion.
Yes, it's your theory (in a non-scientific usage of the term), and I simply gave my reasons why I don't think that to be the case. If it's really not your conclusion, then you don't have to defend it unless you find an actual problem with my reasoning or you have your own reasoning to make that an actual conclusion rather than simply a theory.
And I have problem with your reasoning, as explained before. I simply point out why it's possible, you're one who claim I call it conclusion. Here, bolded to highlught it
But considering this is a show that promotes gunpla, it doesn't seem right to go for that conclusion unless there is an actual indication for it.
BTW, just because it's toy-promoting work doesn't mean everyone in the world will jump at it from start. It's actually normal plot in this kind of works (look no further than GBF-A manga), kid being denied of their hobby for whatever reason (usually by strict parents who want the kid to study more, but other reasons exist). And in fact, this plot thread is alway resolved by the kid sneak out/find a loophole and play with it anyway, proved that they can be good and more happy with it than not.

Also, not everyone is alway right from start either. Parents can greatly misjudge their kid. Using more mundane example, it's like a kid whom parents refuse to lets him ride bicycles think that he's too young. But he train in secret with friends anyway. When he reveal that he can ride a bike, most parents will be too glad that their kid does better than they thought, unless he get some bad injury or they're very strict parents and more focus on him disobey their order.

Once again, I simply try to find a rational possibility. If you're simply think it's good enough to call it plothole, just say it.
monster

Kuruni wrote:And I have problem with your reasoning, as explained before. I simply point out why it's possible, you're one who claim I call it conclusion.
Except, as I said before, I only called it a conclusion because you kept insisting on it when I never even denied the possibility. Your only argument so far is that it's possible, that's great, but I never said it's impossible.

At this point, if it's really just a theory, then you've shared it, and I've said my opinion on why (even though it's possible) it's probably not the case.

If you have anything to say about that, then I'd be glad to hear it, but if you're only going to continue being defensive about the possibility of your theory, then there's really nothing more to discuss here.