The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

Nah, 7's all right. Kawamori in general will just do things for the hell of it so long as it's cool or might get a laugh. Just look at the insanity of any given Aquarion installment.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Nah, 7's all right. Kawamori in general will just do things for the hell of it so long as it's cool or might get a laugh. Just look at the insanity of any given Aquarion installment.
Actually, Kawamori had very little to do with M7 because he was busy with Plus.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Compass

While we're on the topic, the 31-series has pinpoint barriers right? Why aren't they all around the cockpit?!
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Dark Duel

That's actually a fairly good question. A pinpoint barrier protecting the canopy would've prevented the entire ordeal. Oh well - Rule of Drama, I suppose.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Compass

Yup I guess someone just pulled the drama tag for plot.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Areku

Compass wrote:While we're on the topic, the 31-series has pinpoint barriers right? Why aren't they all around the cockpit?!
He took the full force of an Sv-262's main cannon while in GERWALK, then took multiple small rounds to the top of the fuselage moments before the fatal shot; the last of those small rounds damaged his external weaponry and forced him to jettison it. It could be that the external equipment simply wasn't covered by the pinpoint barrier system, but it could also mean that the system had been pushed beyond its ability to absorb further damage, that Keith struck while the shields were down.

We did see Hayate's PBS fail after a comparable amount of punishment in Ep.8, after all. It would seem the PBS' acute limit is somewhere around:
- ~1.5 seconds of Sv-262 main cannon, 8 micro-missiles and many small rounds.
- ~4.5 seconds of Sv-262 main cannon and a few small rounds.
Wingnut

I don't know if it's still true with newer fighters like the Siegfried, but the YF-19 needed 60% of the plane's power output to use the PPB and thus could not be used in fighter mode.
Macross Mecha Manual wrote:1 x fixed Howard PBS-03F fighter-carried pin-point barrier system (pin-point barrier system needs 60% of the output and thus cannot be used in fighter-mode)
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
azrael

Compass wrote:While we're on the topic, the 31-series has pinpoint barriers right? Why aren't they all around the cockpit?!
Likely because in most current 2-engine VFs, there's not enough energy to power a pin-point barrier in fighter mode. In fighter mode, most of the power is dedicated to running the engines for peak performance. Offensive weapons also get a cut of the power. Unfortunately, due to the power requirements, that leaves defensive systems like pin-point barrier and energy converting armor systems short changed in fighter mode. So those systems are normally not available in fighter mode. Once a VF changes into GERWALK or Battroid, less power is needed for engines so that power can be freed up and used for defensive systems like pin-point barrier and energy converting armor systems.

Current VFs that have 4 engines (like the VF-27 and YF-29) can generate enough power on their own to run pin-point barriers and their armoring system in fighter mode. The VF-25 can run a pin-point barrier in fighter mode with the help of its Full Armor capacitors. Otherwise, a un-Full Armored VF-25 doesn't generate enough energy to generate a pint-point barrier in fighter mode.

So the answer to why Messer didn't put up a pin-point barrier on his cockpit is simple. The VF doesn't generate enough energy to power the pin-point barrier system in fighter mode.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Dark Duel

Okay, that actually makes perfect sense. Thanks.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
azrael

Dark Duel wrote:Okay, that actually makes perfect sense. Thanks.
A better question is why aren't they using other modes besides fighter mode more. :cry:
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Areku

azrael wrote:A better question is why aren't they using other modes besides fighter mode more. :cry:
Because Makina's got way more pull than the show lets on, and she won't have Haya-Haya's mess rubbing off on the other pilots. :P

...Maybe she'll be more lenient now.
Andvari

Hello I haven't been on here in a while but now with Delts coming out I want to know is it hard to follow the story?
Henyo

Andvari wrote:Hello I haven't been on here in a while but now with Delts coming out I want to know is it hard to follow the story?
series wise, no it isn't. it does not reference the previous entry's story.(at least not yet.) only concepts and technology. no need to force yourself to watch M Frontier. or even M7, whose usage of music is what has been used onwards.

this is of course from my own experience. of course, i have watched all entries before Delta came out. as of this post, M7 is the only entry i have yet to finish.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Henyo wrote:
Andvari wrote:Hello I haven't been on here in a while but now with Delts coming out I want to know is it hard to follow the story?
series wise, no it isn't. it does not reference the previous entry's story.(at least not yet.) only concepts and technology. no need to force yourself to watch M Frontier. or even M7, whose usage of music is what has been used onwards.

this is of course from my own experience. of course, i have watched all entries before Delta came out. as of this post, M7 is the only entry i have yet to finish.
I would agree with that, you don't need to have seen all previous entries to get into Delta but if you do have any questions, we're here to help. :D

--Freyja Wion
Henyo

episode 10 was certainly..Messy. :twisted:
that one is as good as then unless Var syndrome suddenly made him have blood on Saint Seiya levels.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Andvari

7 was pretty cool though I loved the music the hard rock in it.
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
Keith aimed that final shot straight into Messer's heart. Savage.
Areku

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Preview pic of episode 11. Everyone is sad.
I think I see a Voldorian-shaped hole in Delta Squardon's formation. I wonder if Alberto's the man to fill it?
Destiny_Gundam

Poor Reina.
Spoiler
Now she can't eat jellyfish anymore because on Ragna the dead are reborn as jellyfish and she might be eating Messer.
In NewType poll news, Delta dominates. It's #1 in the series poll, with Hayate and Messer at #1 and #9 on the male poll and Freyja, Mirage, Mikumo, and Reina at #1, #4, #5, and #9, respectively on the female poll.