The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

So... I'm guessing Mikumo is a Windemere? Her hair was glowing back in an earlier episode and she's made more than one mention to "a/the wind" like Freyja and other Windies. I assume she's just got perfect rune control? Maybe she goes out alone like she does to let the glow out or something...

At any rate, I am not trusting her motives any more than I do Roid-sama's.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Areku

Yeah, I've been suspicious of Mikumo's heritage(?) ever since we learned that Windermereans had exceptional physical capabilities. Or the character backgrounds mentioned on Page 12, whichever came first. She's far and away the most physically active during battleformances (to the point that I posited she was wearing an exoskeleton or other performance-enhancing equipment when we only had 0.89 to work with), she's whispered all manner of foreshadowing hints, she was the only Walkure (aside from Freyja, of course) who could continue with the battleformance after they were jammed in Ep.4, and her character background from back in February trots out the classic "mysterious background" line.

At this point, the real twist would be that she isn't a Windermerean.
Wingnut

Amion wrote:So... I'm guessing Mikumo is a Windemere? Her hair was glowing back in an earlier episode and she's made more than one mention to "a/the wind" like Freyja and other Windies. I assume she's just got perfect rune control? Maybe she goes out alone like she does to let the glow out or something...

Problem is we haven't seen any evidence of any typical runes in her hair like every other Windie. Unless her entire hair is one huge rune or something.

Also Bouge is getting on my nerves almost as much as Messer was. The guy's got zero self control and is more humped up on the Windie propaganda than Gato was for Delaz and Zeon. If anyone were to just end up dying, I wouldn't mind it being him. Although that's not going to be happening anytime soon. (Dammit, Hayate! Some ZOINKS just need to die! :x )
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Areku

Wingnut wrote:Also Bouge is getting on my nerves almost as much as Messer was.
Is it bad that I want Hermann to die because that would be the surest herald of Bogue's imminent demise? I mean, I feel like that's bad, but, Bogue!
hitokirigarou

I'm guessing the "wind" the Windermerians are talking about might be something similar or related to fold waves?
Dark Duel

Is Bogue the annoying red-haired one that comes across like he's desperately trying to be Clotho Buer? I'm still not clear on the names of a fair few characters in this series...
(TBH the only ones whose names I do remember are the three mains, Messer, Mikumo and Kaname :P )
If that's the case, I concur wholeheartedly with Wingnut - except that I find him even more irritating than Mr. Serious Business(Messer).
God, I wanted so much for Hayate to kill that little prick, so I was annoyed that at the last-second he went for the non-fatal shot.
Still, that was an epic and well-deserved beatdown, and it was long overdue IMO.

Of course, I dislike the Prettyboy Squad in general, so I'm biased. But Bogue in particular I despise. And BTW, I really don't like the Draken III either. Probably my least-favorite VF so far out of the Macross series I've seen(excluding those goofy-looking mech the Protodeviln used in 7, if those count)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
azrael

Dark Duel wrote:Is Bogue the annoying red-haired one that comes across like he's desperately trying to be Clotho Buer? I'm still not clear on the names of a fair few characters in this series...
(TBH the only ones whose names I do remember are the three mains, Messer, Mikumo and Kaname :P )
If that's the case, I concur wholeheartedly with Wingnut - except that I find him even more irritating than Mr. Serious Business(Messer).
God, I wanted so much for Hayate to kill that little prick, so I was annoyed that at the last-second he went for the non-fatal shot.
Still, that was an epic and well-deserved beatdown, and it was long overdue IMO.
Yes, Bogue is that one. His character profile mentions he is mischievous and the youngest of 6 children (and the only boy among them).
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
ChaoticSheep1

So Monster Hunter is getting Macross Delta DLC. You get a VF outfit for your lil furry companion.
Dark Duel wrote:
I really don't like the Draken III either. Probably my least-favorite VF so far out of the Macross series I've seen(excluding those goofy-looking mech the Protodeviln used in 7, if those count)
Ditto. Although I've never seen 7 so that makes it my least favorite VF of all time.
Dark Duel

Standard type
Command type
These are what I was talking about. And I recommend checking out 7. It's a lot of fun, if only for the sheer LOLs involved in seeing a state-of-the-art next-generation VF being controlled via, essentially, a Guitar Hero controller(Only, y'know, ten or so years before Guitar Hero was a thing)

Also, anyone who liked Ozma Lee in Frontier should at least give 7 a look, because FIRE BOMBER.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Compass

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk II

Does anyone get Macross Zero vibes regarding the wind? We never figured out where Bird Human went, maybe they went here?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Dark Duel

I actually have never seen Zero either. Right now, apart from the last two, I've seen the original, Plus, and about a dozen or so episodes of 7.

Compass

You should watch Zero. It's got really good animation and action. Less space opera.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
excalibur2008

Honestly thinking about it the only Macross show I haven't gotten all the way through was the original just because I couldn't muster effort to get through the last 9 episodes.
ChaoticSheep1

I've watched Plus, Frontier and seen bits of 7. Can't say I liked much about Frontier and Plus was amazing but unfortunately too short for my liking. While 7 seems strange and not really my thing.

I saw Footage and hear some tracks from Zero and I put it on my list of things to watch but forgot.
Henyo

Amion wrote:So... I'm guessing Mikumo is a Windemere? Her hair was glowing back in an earlier episode and she's made more than one mention to "a/the wind" like Freyja and other Windies. I assume she's just got perfect rune control? Maybe she goes out alone like she does to let the glow out or something...

one theory i'm running is that Mikumo is a creation of the Protoculture. could be a watcher/ observer. or even be a sentient reset button for specific races. hmmm...that would make her similar to Nia.

also, i've read comments that macross just devolved into a Magical Girl show with mechas. not a bad combination really. i have to emphasis this though: Macross' Idols are actually late in the in the evolution. they have yet to fight like Symphogears. :twisted:
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Destiny_Gundam

Henyo wrote:or even be a sentient reset button for specific races.
That's what the bird human was for.

And the only magical girl aspect is the costume changes. People just trying to start crap over little things.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Iris Scope

Caught up on episode 5 and I gotta say, I totally lost it when Messer locked onto Hayate's Valkyrie just for giving Freyja a joyride. I know there's regulations but they both needed a release from stress and it's to be expected. She does look adorable in that pilot suit.

The bedridden Windemerean elder seems like the type to sacrifice anyone even Heinz to achieve his goal since Heinz's condition didn't seem to concern him. Also, Bogue sneaking in a surprise attack at his "master" for sparring purposes was so random, I didn't expect it. He's the definition of annoying and random combined.
Compass

The bedridden elder reminds me of the Aldnoah Zero Emperor.
Henyo

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Henyo wrote:or even be a sentient reset button for specific races.
That's what the bird human was for.

And the only magical girl aspect is the costume changes. People just trying to start crap over little things.
i somehow missed that bit. or was it mentioned somewhere else instead of in the Zero OVA?
also, i just watched M0 for the heck of it back then. :twisted:
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Compass

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I'm insane, but there seems to be an almost complete lack of use of Valkyrie mode for some a lot of these dogfights by anyone except for Hayate. I know they're aircraft primarily, but you can sub in non-transforming aircraft in this newest episode and it would have played out the exact same. The battles just don't feel very "dynamic" as weird as it sounds when there aren't mode shifts being interspersed through, and this is post-Frontier, meaning practical transformations are almost instantaneous.

Edit: What exactly is the reason behind the huge differences between the VF-31A and the C/J/etc. Types piloted by Delta Platoon? I know they want to make Alpha Platoon look like grunts, but they're flying variants with completely different wing designs.