The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
vipergb34

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

Anybody else think the Var Syndrome is linked to those alien apples we see in the show?
Ryujin

Wingnut wrote: Hayate: "I'll fly the skies with this beauty."
Mirage: "GET THE **** AWAY FROM MY PLANE!"
:lol:
When Hayate was caressing the plane, I was honestly thinking, 'lol, imagine the fireworks if that was actually Mirage's plane."

Then BAM.
Compass

Pretty sure those apples are a red herring.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Dark Duel

Ryujin wrote:
Wingnut wrote: Hayate: "I'll fly the skies with this beauty."
Mirage: "GET THE **** AWAY FROM MY PLANE!"
:lol:
When Hayate was caressing the plane, I was honestly thinking, 'lol, imagine the fireworks if that was actually Mirage's plane."

Then BAM.
Well, you can actually tell from the colors that it is indeed Mirage's plane.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Compass

Blue and red make purple!
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Dark Duel

I'm not sure of the source, but I have seen a couple of places mention that Mirage is the niece of Mylene Flare Jenius - who is, apparently, the seventh and youngest daughter of Max and Milia. I don't know if this was brought up earlier in the thread and if so I apologize for the redundancy, but has anyone else seen this, and does anyone know the source?

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

That she's Mylene's niece doesn't really tell us a whole lot that we didn't already predict. That just means that she's Max and Millia's grandchild which is most probable at this point already. All this would do if true is eliminate Mylene from the list of possible mothers.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Specifically she's the daughter of Miranda Jenius, Max and Millia's 6th daughter, who was born in 2026.

Also, The Macross Delta page found that the Delta webpage is being updated with preview episodes for the next episode!
https://www.facebook.com/macrossdelta/p ... 4588347667
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

OHMYGAWD. Not only is Hayate piloting a VF-1 with a blue trim - which we all saw in the Ep preview - but Mirage is piloting not her -31C, but an identical VF-1, except with a red trim. Not purple like her -31, actual red. That is both awesome and somehow hilarious.

Arbiter GUNDAM

It's straight up Jetfire! :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Henyo

you know, we might as well call Var Syndrome HULKING OUT!!! XD

anyways, episode 2 is nicely paced. although i have a beef with the new Macross Class Ship's name. Macross Elysion doesn't sound impressive. i ma now waiting for more Walkure members screen time. i need my Mecha Yuri anime fix.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Nagato21

I will admit I dislike Idol anime genre, Macross is the exception because it balances it well with other themes. Nonetheless Delta does earn a lot of brownies for being fast pace in its first episode, I don't think we have really seen Macross idols throw themselves into a warzone the way Walkure does. I also noticed that the way Mikumo Guynemer moves during the battle and leave the rubbles could she be a cyborg?

Imelmann for a Macross male protagonist seems like a much likeable character (I hope) than the others from previous series: I mean Hikaru was a whinner until he cleaned his act, Isamu was a douche for the sake of it, Basara a self absorbed lunatic who wants to be next Minmay and then you have Saotome Alto who could give Sasuke Uchiha a run for his money when it comes to be an emo. Hayate Imelman has no clear goal at the beginning and he is trying to find his place in the universe. Freyja is also a ball of fresh air even if her obsession with Walkure is over the top. Mirage is also hilarious and quite the Tsundere: She punches you and then tells you to press charges against her.

The way the Var Syndrome acts I can't help but think of it as some kind of abandonned weapon from the Supervision Army or even somekind of secret Protoculture contingency to keep their loyal Zentradi in line in case they lose more. It would make sense since it only target Zentradi and we know that from the first Macross that they had a severe shock when exposed to music for the first time and they couldn't understand why they felt that way.
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
Ryujin

Dark Duel wrote:OHMYGAWD. Not only is Hayate piloting a VF-1 with a blue trim - which we all saw in the Ep preview - but Mirage is piloting not her -31C, but an identical VF-1, except with a red trim. Not purple like her -31, actual red. That is both awesome and somehow hilarious.
There had better be a date between the two which ends up in a knife duel somewhere down the line. They can justify it as CQC training or something.
vipergb34

Nagato21 wrote:The way the Var Syndrome acts I can't help but think of it as some kind of abandonned weapon from the Supervision Army or even somekind of secret Protoculture contingency to keep their loyal Zentradi in line in case they lose more. It would make sense since it only target Zentradi and we know that from the first Macross that they had a severe shock when exposed to music for the first time and they couldn't understand why they felt that way.
The first Var Syndrome victim at the very beginning of episode 1 looked human.
Iris Scope

Nagato21 wrote:I also noticed that the way Mikumo Guynemer moves during the battle and leave the rubbles could she be a cyborg?
If anything, I imagined Mikumo as being a double agent for the Aerial Knights rather than being a cyborg. Just a suspicion that has always followed me since the beginning and she's not that excited about Freyja winning the Walkure audition so something might be up with that...
Henyo

Ryujin wrote: There had better be a date between the two which ends up in a knife duel somewhere down the line. They can justify it as CQC training or something.
better yet, just have Hayate say he wanted to do it just for kicks. he has the makings of a troll thanks to the scene where he said to Freyja that he came along to see her fail. :twisted:

thanks to episode 2, the idea that the Vajras and Soukou no Strain's Emilies(AFAIK, the all female loli alien race has no official name.) are similar.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
MrMarch

I gotta say the broadcast version of Episode 1 and now Episode 2 have done a great job of making Hayate likeable. After watching the special preview episode 0.89, I was rather worried because I was struggling to find anything interesting or likable about Hayate. But now he's shown exhibiting some joy in his life and throwing friendly verbal jabs at the people around him to build up some rapport. Very welcome changes.
Dark Duel

Oh, I agree. I find him almost entertaining even in his more jerkish moments, because it's to me so clearly a front he puts up. And the interactions between him and Mirage are made especially more entertaining.
On an unrelated note, I can literally not stop listening to Ikenai Borderline. That song may not be quite as catchy as some of Frontier's tunes, but it's very, very close, and just as good.

I have to say though, as someone whose entry into the franchise was, I confess, Frontier (except for Delta, I've only seen Frontier and the original SDF), I have always been a big fan of the VF-171, so it's really nice seeing that it's still around.
And speaking of which, the break-dancing -171 from Ep1 is, so far, probably my favorite scene so far.

But I was very happy to see, in the episode 3 preview, that the granddaddy of all VFs, the VF-1 itself, is apparently still around too.
Probably the main thing I'm looking forward to at the moment.

Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:But I was very happy to see, in the episode 3 preview, that the granddaddy of all VFs, the VF-1 itself, is apparently still around too.
Probably the main thing I'm looking forward to at the moment.
The VF-1 EX it would seem. Similar to the VF-1X from Digital Mission, both are old VF-1 frames from way back (both seem to be ex-J models) that have been brought up to more modern standards, though it seems that training is the best use they have for them these days and not actual combat anymore as we saw with Millia's VF-1J back in 7.
Spoiler
Loved the cold intro to this. Hayate talks big about wanting to fly, and Mirage gives him the grand gut-spilling tour with all the dips and dives that are guaranteed to make you lose your lunch. Which he ultimately does, apparently all over her as we see one of those classic far off shots of the Macross and a high-pitched girly scream. :lol:
Most of the episode was somewhat predictable with Hayate skipping class and such and nearly killing himself multiple times when he finally gets behind the stick. The main theme for both him and Freija this episode is finding their battlefield so to speak, and it seems that they are starting to figure out just what that is by episode's end and Hayate managing to land a burst of paintballs on Mirage before the time limit.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.