The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Calubin_175

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Could anyone do a run down how many Grazes were fielded in a typical garrison or assigned to a cruiser(space and seaborne)?

I don't see any more than 4 squads per base.
Deathzealot

Hrrr... we really dont know anything about the MS Compliment for combat ships just yet. Honestly, sometimes i miss the older series they had far superior tech details like that. The only thing we know is that the Isbarabi and its class can carry three MS, plus a unknown number of Mobile Workers. The Biscoe Class looks like it has a similar compliment. That cruiser class we don't know yet. Though we did get some good looks at its hanger in a couple episodes.
balofo

Graze Ein's official weapon/attack names:
-Custom Large Axes
-Pilebunkers
-Retractable Machineguns
-Screw Punch
-Drill Kick
PrissAsagiri UK

E08 wrote:The Graze Ein's pile bunkers appear to be a one time use weapon. The right forearm pile bunker used on Ryusei-Go is missing when the Graze Ein appears before Kudelia.
Possibly they're powered by an explosive or other one-use charge and are intended to be one-shot weapons, or possibly they're ejectable in case they become entangled in the target (as happened with the Ryusei-Go) and the pilot can't take the time to extricate himself manually.
RyuseiDateSRX

balofo wrote:Graze Ein's official weapon/attack names:
-Screw Punch
-Drill Kick
Wow, Graze Ein is a super robot!

I can totally imagine "SCREEEEW PUUUUNCH!" AND "DRILL KIIIIICK!" being shouted lol
balofo

1/100 Graze Kai confirmed for June release, comes with bazooka. Also comes with Graze Ground Type extra parts.
Calubin_175

Army building this for sure. Love that medieval broad sword. It reminds me of the Fafnir from Break Blade.

Judging from episode 21 where Akihiro fires the smoothbore gun and breaches a hole in ship shows that ships don't have Ahab Reactors.
Deathzealot

Yeah they do. That is how they have artifical gravity or do mean naval ships.
SonicSP

Deathzealot wrote:Yeah they do. That is how they have artifical gravity or do mean naval ships.
Pretty sure he meant naval ships since they were involved in that battle.
MayflyOfSpace

balofo wrote:1/100 Graze Kai confirmed for June release, comes with bazooka. Also comes with Graze Ground Type extra parts.
Even though I don't have any of the 1/100 IBO kits, and have just been collecting the 1/144 kits, I'm really excited for this kit because of the inclusion of the Ground-type parts. I hope they make a HG Ground Type Graze, though let's be real, it will probably be P-Bandai.
balofo

I found it funny they decided to release the Graze Kai 2 months after the anime ended, it doesn't even seem popular and was a non factor in the anime...

Maybe we will get specs for the Ground Type along with explanations for the new backpack and feet
balofo

The Gaiden title is Moon Steel, 300 years after the Calamity War setting. Starts next month in HJ(photonovel) and Gundam Ace(manga). Astaroth takes mobility in consideration. Argee is the boss of the Tanbotento mafia from the Avalanche Colony, Volco is comes from a rich family but lost his parents and fortune:
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/a081fa4ejw ... 0zk4al.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a081fa4ejw1 ... 0zkwq8.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a081fa4ejw1 ... 0zkal3.jpg

HR Barbatos manual info:
-1st time they explain how the nanolaminate armor works in a manual. It says it has easy maintenance since you just have to re-apply the painting coat after battles
-Long Sword can't be used for slashing attacks but thanks to AV System Mika uses it aiming for the enemy MS armor gaps
-Smoothbore gun has higher bullet speed, hitting a target in space is hard but the AV System solves the problem
Calubin_175

The Hi Res model has complete colour separation like with most MGs, so it is pretty much the equivalent of an MG. Grey and weapons parts are not painted though while every thing else is either metallic or pearl.
E08

balofo wrote:The Gaiden title is Moon Steel, 300 years after the Calamity War setting. Starts next month in HJ(photonovel) and Gundam Ace(manga). Astaroth takes mobility in consideration. Argee is the boss of the Tanbotento mafia from the Avalanche Colony, Volco is comes from a rich family but lost his parents and fortune:
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/a081fa4ejw ... 0zk4al.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a081fa4ejw1 ... 0zkwq8.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a081fa4ejw1 ... 0zkal3.jpg
A little addition: The Astaroth's profile also noted that like Barbatos, the Astaroth's head armor are concentrated on the front.
balofo wrote:HR Barbatos manual info:
-1st time they explain how the nanolaminate armor works in a manual. It says it has easy maintenance since you just have to re-apply the painting coat after battles
-Long Sword can't be used for slashing attacks but thanks to AV System Mika uses it aiming for the enemy MS armor gaps
-Smoothbore gun has higher bullet speed, hitting a target in space is hard but the AV System solves the problem
To add on: The strength of the Nano laminated armor is what made the long sword's slash attack ineffective. Also, the difficulty in using the smoothbore gun to hit a target in space is due to the high speed movements of the mobile suits during combat.
biohazard_star

Gaelio and McGillis' remarks about Alaya-Vijnana and the Gundam Frames have got me thinking about Graze Ein's Alaya-Vijnana System. Gaelio called Ein's AV system as "Alaya-Vijnana's true form" and denounced Mika and co. as "fakes". We all know that the Gundam Frames were all made to take advantage of Alaya-Vijnana's full potential, and this is what allowed Gjallarhorn to win the Calamity War; McGillis keeps on emphasizing this. None of the Gundams shown thus far are know to be making use of their original Calamity War-era cockpits. Barbatos' was missing and was given a mobile worker's instead; Gusion was given a Man Rodi's; while Kimaris seems to make use of a non-AV system cockpit. What if the Gundams originally made use a similar control system to Graze Ein's and had their pilots permanently integrated into the cockpit? This would explain why none of them are using their Calamity War-era cockpit module.

The dual Ahab Reactor set-up gives the Gundams in the show a lot of oomph, but it is Alaya-Vijnana that turns them into effective killing machines. If the pilots were able to pilot the Gundams at the same level of performance as Graze Ein's, then this would explain how Gjallarhorn was able to win the Calamity War. It would also explain why they're strongly against the use of Alaya-Vijnana, i.e. they mutilated the pilots in order to make perfect killing machines, and want to erase it from history.
Deathzealot

/blink/ That actually makes sense. Huh.
nacho-wan

biohazard_star wrote:Gaelio and McGillis' remarks about Alaya-Vijnana and the Gundam Frames have got me thinking about Graze Ein's Alaya-Vijnana System. Gaelio called Ein's AV system as "Alaya-Vijnana's true form" and denounced Mika and co. as "fakes". We all know that the Gundam Frames were all made to take advantage of Alaya-Vijnana's full potential, and this is what allowed Gjallarhorn to win the Calamity War; McGillis keeps on emphasizing this. None of the Gundams shown thus far are know to be making use of their original Calamity War-era cockpits. Barbatos' was missing and was given a mobile worker's instead; Gusion was given a Man Rodi's; while Kimaris seems to make use of a non-AV system cockpit. What if the Gundams originally made use a similar control system to Graze Ein's and had their pilots permanently integrated into the cockpit? This would explain why none of them are using their Calamity War-era cockpit module.

The dual Ahab Reactor set-up gives the Gundams in the show a lot of oomph, but it is Alaya-Vijnana that turns them into effective killing machines. If the pilots were able to pilot the Gundams at the same level of performance as Graze Ein's, then this would explain how Gjallarhorn was able to win the Calamity War. It would also explain why they're strongly against the use of Alaya-Vijnana, i.e. they mutilated the pilots in order to make perfect killing machines, and want to erase it from history.

It makes a lot of sense for all except the Kimaris, as its pilot was a founding member of the Seven Stars if I recall correctly. I don't think that the Baduings could keep the Gundam as a symbol of their family if their great grand father was fused to it
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
zetatype

nacho-wan wrote:

It makes a lot of sense for all except the Kimaris, as its pilot was a founding member of the Seven Stars if I recall correctly. I don't think that the Baduings could keep the Gundam as a symbol of their family if their great grand father was fused to it
Why not? Couldn't they just just remove the cockpit?
SonicSP

biohazard_star wrote:Gaelio and McGillis' remarks about Alaya-Vijnana and the Gundam Frames have got me thinking about Graze Ein's Alaya-Vijnana System. Gaelio called Ein's AV system as "Alaya-Vijnana's true form" and denounced Mika and co. as "fakes". We all know that the Gundam Frames were all made to take advantage of Alaya-Vijnana's full potential, and this is what allowed Gjallarhorn to win the Calamity War; McGillis keeps on emphasizing this. None of the Gundams shown thus far are know to be making use of their original Calamity War-era cockpits. Barbatos' was missing and was given a mobile worker's instead; Gusion was given a Man Rodi's; while Kimaris seems to make use of a non-AV system cockpit. What if the Gundams originally made use a similar control system to Graze Ein's and had their pilots permanently integrated into the cockpit? This would explain why none of them are using their Calamity War-era cockpit module.

I think it makes sense in general. That would explain why the Gundams' cockpits are all suspiciously missing.
zetatype wrote:
nacho-wan wrote:

Why not? Couldn't they just just remove the cockpit?
I think he's referring to its symbolically as opposed to literally. One might not be inclined to keep something that did something that sort of inhumane.

Then again, it could be one of those hidden bloody secrets kind of trope. I wouldn't be surprised if only the earlier members knew about it but decided to keep and present it as an outer sumbol.

Because the Kimaris wasn't just important to the Bedauin family, it was an important symbol representing Gjallahorn itself and the Gundams themselves were viewed by the public as heroes. It might be too important of a symbol to pass up and the earlier pilot fusion thing may have purposely been forgotten over time by most of the family members as the story was passed down, essentially whitewashing it.

On the flipside, Bedauin family may have also decided to keep it because it represented a great sacrifice of their founder and wanted to honor it in the symbol of a brave and noble knight, which is what Kimaris physically is. In this case, they may have wanted to keep it because the sacrifice was too great.
radioactive28

Seeing what happened to Mika's arm after the battle, I think what Ein meant by the perfect AV system was this: complete man-machine integration achieved by discarding the biological body.

Physically, Ein was practically comatose within his cockpit, but his entire consciousness manifested itself as the MS he was in. They didn't have to multilate the body; it simply became an extension of the greater machine - a mere harness to hold the brain and connect it to the mainframe.

Mika wanted deeper integration with Barbatos to get an edge during the battle, and the system obliged, (I suspect) to the extent that the brain stopped acknowledging the physical body and saw only the AV system as its true body.