The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
radioactive28

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

Deathzealot wrote:
Spoiler
Did he actually managed to kill the Turbine girls. We do see the heavily damaged cockpits but they could still manage to survive. That one guy early in the series managed to make it when his Mobile Worker cockpit was crushed similar.
Spoiler
I think he was out to kill, same as Mika, so they're probably gone. Shino's definitely gone.

Most MSes in this universe seem to offer pilots very little by way of physical protection (with the exception of the Brewers MSes). The only thing that's kept Tekkadan safe so far was the superior manoeuvrability provided by the AV system, but Ein neutralised that advantage and then some with a more powerful suit.
Wellman

Dang it does indeed look like unlike G-Reco, they did intend to wrap this all up in 25 episodes.

Still hope it has and will do well enough to warrant a proper sequel, this series and world setting is to good to be just a one shot series.
Spoiler
I am hoping at least Lafter survives... for the shipping with Akihiro at least.

Poor Gaelio, he really did seem like decent guy and I can't see him going along with McGillis.
Damn fine series, I can only hope that it sticks the landing.
Deathzealot

radioactive28 wrote:
Deathzealot wrote:
Spoiler
Did he actually managed to kill the Turbine girls. We do see the heavily damaged cockpits but they could still manage to survive. That one guy early in the series managed to make it when his Mobile Worker cockpit was crushed similar.
Spoiler
I think he was out to kill, same as Mika, so they're probably gone. Shino's definitely gone.

Most MSes in this universe seem to offer pilots very little by way of physical protection (with the exception of the Brewers MSes). The only thing that's kept Tekkadan safe so far was the superior manoeuvrability provided by the AV system, but Ein neutralised that advantage and then some with a more powerful suit.
Spoiler
Ah. Then we shall see in the next episode what happens. Personally I really wish they survive.
Wingnut

Deathzealot wrote:
radioactive28 wrote:
Deathzealot wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Ah. Then we shall see in the next episode what happens. Personally I really wish they survive.
Spoiler
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

Holy Mother of God this episode. This is really how I feel about this episode.

Like CB in 00 S1, I felt like this show in general had too many named characters in the crew, and this one I don't even know or care about all their names. An episode like this was... necessary, as was in 00 when the GN-Xs made their final push in 24/25.

Robo-Ein... He was the very definition of bat**** crazy here. Looks like Mika finally fights someone who has an upper hand with that big mobile suit; he seems to be able to fend off Gali-gali quite easily. The finale will likely be as crazy as I hope it would be, and hopefully we get that S2 and a more... trimmed down Tekkadan operation.

Excited for Eugene's return! And I'm so excited for the finale being a cityscape/earth battle! When was the last time we've had that? 08th MS (which was a ground-only OVA anyways)??
Spoiler
Shino might survive though right?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
phillosmaster

I was not expecting all that in this ep. Named and unnamed body count in this episode is ridiculously high. Eugene and the Brewers coming to the rescue on the bridge was probably the highlight of the episode for me. That was such a great moment. Eugene is awesome.

Ein continues to be one of the most disturbing Gundam villains to date. There can be no reasoning with the thing he's become.

So Mcgillis unmasked himself to Gaelio. Does this mean he's going to kill Gaelio or convince him to join him? Probably kill him considering how heartlessly he treated Carta, but Gaelio did seem sympathetic when Mcgillis expressed displeasure in the corrupt system. Why urge Gaelio to make Ein into FrankenEin when Mcgillis knew he was entering the fight on Tekkadan's side? Doesn't that just make Mcgillis' fight harder?

I'm not sure what Merribit was expecting to happen here. If they stop now all this death would have been for nothing. I'm not entirely sure Fumitan would agree with you Merribit. She wanted Kudelia to become the maiden of revolution and that picture looked pretty militaristic. The show does need at least one character with an opposing view point though and every other character is pretty much gung ho for Tekkadan right now.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
SNT1

So Mcgillis unmasked himself to Gaelio. Does this mean he's going to kill Gaelio or convince him to join him? Probably kill him considering how heartlessly he treated Carta, but Gaelio did seem sympathetic when Mcgillis expressed displeasure in the corrupt system. Why urge Gaelio to make Ein into FrankenEin when Mcgillis knew he was entering the fight on Tekkadan's side? Doesn't that just make Mcgillis' fight harder?
Well, politically, an insane monstrosity piloted with a some...thing with no more humanity left in "it" has been let loose by Gjallahorn in a city, possibly causing casualties and definitely disruptions. That can't be a good image there. McGillis is definitely playing the long game and I wouldn't be surprised if after next week he'd be sitting with a "Keikaru Doori" moment
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
zetatype

phillosmaster wrote:
He didn't exactly reveal his identity to Gaelio at the end, unless he had a communication line open. It's possible that McGillis will only incapacitate Gaelio though if he does reveal his identity then Gaelio is probably as good as dead.

As for Mecha Ein, McGillis needs power if he's gonna reform Gjallahorn and Mecha Ein cetainly gives him an advantage. However, his decision to deploy Mecha Ein against Tekkadan is puzzling.

EDIT:
SNT1 wrote: Well, politically, an insane monstrosity piloted with a some...thing with no more humanity left in "it" has been let loose by Gjallahorn in a city, possibly causing casualties and definitely disruptions. That can't be a good image there. McGillis is definitely playing the long game and I wouldn't be surprised if after next week he'd be sitting with a "Keikaru Doori" moment
That's actually not a bad idea, though isn't Gaelio and by extension Mecha Ein under McGillis' command. Plus, it seems obvious that McGillis is connected to the department that created Mecha Ein. Any backlash against Gjallahorn is probably gonna hit McGillis as well, unless he's prepared a scapegoat.
Outlaw

Wild fight this time. My heart wants this series to go beyond 25 eps, but my brain is telling me it probably won't. After this episode I've taken to calling Ein's new ride the Psyco Graze.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Kuruni

Spoiler
No! Arzee!!! Lafter!!!
Ahh...we start sometime after the battle already go on, and it look pretty bad (although it could be much worse).

Hmm, the new MW seem to has pretty huge cannon, it appear to be larger than NK-17's. We also see non-combat power loader working here.

Great, so huge handicap in this battle come from fact that they can't bring in MS to the city.

Ah, just when I wonder what how are the Brewer kids.

Dammit, Graze Ein look like truly a final boss and that taste of power seem to drive him crazy too. The thing look like AC from Armored Core, and his dialogue remind me of Stinger from Armored Core series. Oh, and the way he talk look strangely creepy (probably because it's hard to tell where he's looking with both sensors open?).

Hey, just notice that Kimaris' Trooper face look like medieval knight. Cool.
Spoiler
Hmm, interesting, Montag choose to fight Gaelio as McGillis persona and from preview, Gaelio will likely learn it (poor guy...I really pity him now) and whatever McGillis' motive will be.

Also from preview, Makanai going to make it safe...and since that's spoiled here, I think the last episode will solely focus on the battle.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deathzealot

Speaking of not noticing something. This is the first I noticed that the new from of the Barbatos has Tekkadan's emblem on its chest now. Heh. That actually looks really great.
Amion

Ok. I'll admit now that McGillis' actions make no sense anymore, for above observations, unless he does indeed have a scapegoat.

Then again, maybe this is just a consequence of playing a double life. As a concerned commander, he wanted to give Galileo the chance to "save" Ein and also Ein's desire to avenge Crank. That choice just happened to have bad results for Montag. It is possible that Chocolate Man has a switch he can pull on Ein if he has to. Who knows.

I'm making the call here that a second season's Teiwaz and possibly the earth governments will realize that 300 years of no real war has left Gjallerhorn's military wisdom in the history books. They'll see it as a chance to overthrow their shackles.

Next episode will be worth it. I just hope McGilis has a good excuse for Carta's death for Gali-Gali.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
ZeonsSilverStar

And so Ein finally got what he wanted, partly anyway. I just can't bring myself to hate Ein despite him seemingly being the most despised character in the show. Dude's probably going to die next episode but I hope he at least gives Mia a decent fight.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Deathzealot

Hmmm... I have a pet theory that he really doesn't need to hide anymore. Basically Gali-Gali send that squad of Ground Grazes to intercept Tekkadan in the city. Granted Akihiro managed to take out the majority of them but one apparently made it through. Then Graze Ein after hearing the radio call about Kudelia and her party have entered the city through the skin-talk connection with the Ryusei-Go, moved into the city as well. We heard earlier that Mobile Suits, Ahab Reactors, are not allowed in cities. Therefore Gjallerhorn has disobeyed this standing order which would see the first step in their destruction and maybe reconstruction later on.
Brave Fencer Kirby

The one that made it through was actually Ein. Mika was dealing with Gaelio, and Lafter, Azee, and Shino went after Ein, while Akihiro kept Gjallarhorn from approaching the city. When Ein took out Lafter, Azee, and Shino, he headed for the city. Akihiro saw him moving and let Mika know that one got by him (since he was still fighting Grazes and couldn't peel off to stop Ein). That's when Montag showed up to deal with Gaelio and Mika went after Ein (though we didn't see that part until later).
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Mark-II

Popping in to post about Edmonton, the setting for this final arc of the show. Edmonton is a real-life city, capital of the Canadian province of Alberta, and my old hometown. Believe me, I was quite surprised when they mentioned even going there in the first place, and then when the city itself pulled into view from the train, I was floored - it really did resemble Edmonton.

And now this week, we see several parts of the city, and the uncanny resemblance gives way to actual backgrounds reproduced from the real-life city. Check out this rather exhaustive breakdown of the episode's cityscapes and the actual intersections and buildings that were lifted into the show:

http://nopybot.com/2016/03/20/gundams-in-edmonton/

Someone did a properly exhaustive session of research (probably online) to get such a detailed re-creation done. And where iconic buildings like the ACTUAL Alberta parliament building and others were not seen, the background artists actually incorporated pictures of some of these buildings as posters. Amazing!

The Gundam franchise hasn't really given Canada a nod since G-Gundam, with its hilariously stereotyped Gundam fighter and largely-inaccurate Niagra Falls location (not discounting Amura Ray's status as a Canadian from Prince George, but that was generally a hindsight retcon). I'm more than impressed that they chose Edmonton, a nigh-unknown city for a Japanese audience, painstakingly brought to the anime screen. Believe me, the local otaku community are suitably nuts, and the local anime convention that I am proud to attend and perform at will be glowing this summer. :)

Mark-II

PS - So Edmonton is the capital of Arbrau? Guess they did SOMETHING right after the oil price fell through the flooring. Alberta subsists largely on agriculture and oil, and the latter's status ain't making life that easy for many Edmontonians right now...
zetatype

Man some people are getting really salty about
Spoiler
Mecha Ein potentially killing off Azee, Lafter, and Shino
Especially one employee over at Gundam planet.
http://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-ibo-graze-ein.html
Kuruni

:lol:

Speaking of Graze Ein, if this is GBF-verse I think I would make joke about how it's going to perform Rider Rocket Drill Kick. But see it in action here...I just can't.
My girlfriend was a loli.
RyuseiDateSRX

Kuruni wrote::lol:

Speaking of Graze Ein, if this is GBF-verse I think I would make joke about how it's going to perform Rider Rocket Drill Kick. But see it in action here...I just can't.
Lol I also thought of Kamen Rider Fourze's Rider Rocket Drill Kick. I can imagine Graze Ein jumping up and doing a dive kick.
BrentD15

zetatype wrote:Man some people are getting really salty about
Spoiler
Mecha Ein potentially killing off Azee, Lafter, and Shino
Especially one employee over at Gundam planet.
http://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-ibo-graze-ein.html
Nowadays, people get salty over anything.
And it's especially bad since those kinds of people have access to an internet connection.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25