The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
lingabao

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

YokozunaBulldozer wrote: Anyhoo, I cannot wait to see where this journey takes Kudelia from here on out as we have 7-8 episodes or so left.
I can't see any way that this gets wrapped up in 8 ... so many loose ends, with new characters introduced today, Nobliss/McMurdo drama, no earth drop, and still haven't seen the Grimgerde in action (though the last two may be addressed in the next ep.).
Amion

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Am I alone when I say that I do not mind the less mecha battle heavy eps?
Just curious.
Anyhoo, I cannot wait to see where this journey takes Kudelia from here on out as we have 7-8 episodes or so left.
And I am liking Gaelio Hazuki more and more as they show him as someone who knows when to give credit when credit is due unlike the potential majority of snobs on his side.
Ein at this point feels like a cross between Saji, Flit, and Shinn and I am curious as to how far his grudge will take him.
I don't mind, to a certain extent. We are getting development for the characters so that they mean something, but what I want now is to see at least a really heavy action finale. There needs to be that at least, or a truly emotional drama. IF things fizzle out rather than explode, then I will be more harsh in judging this show.

Of course, we may be in for a season two, so let's keep our fingers crossed.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
zetatype

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Am I alone when I say that I do not mind the less mecha battle heavy eps?
Just curious.
I'm definitely enjoying them. While 3 episodes is a bit much to go without any action taking an episode or two off to focus on the characters is a good move imo. Though this kinda comes with the assumption that we will get a second season, because the pacing really feels like a 50 episode gundam series. While I believe the series can still end on a satisfying note with only 7-8 episodes left it'll be harder to pull off given the series progression up till now.
SNT1

It's clear we should accept Mika as a cyber newtype. The three whiskers give him vastly superior sensory perception. If that is the case, he might be able to read body language extremely well. Chocolate Guy walks with a slightly distinctive heir of confidence and charisma Mika might be more sensitive to than most.
Maybe Mika just sensed a familiar creep in McGillis :mrgreen: :lol:
I don't mind, to a certain extent. We are getting development for the characters so that they mean something, but what I want now is to see at least a really heavy action finale. There needs to be that at least, or a truly emotional drama. IF things fizzle out rather than explode, then I will be more harsh in judging this show.
It's fine if plot stuff happens, but that much of that 3-episode-Teiwaz initiation arc was just boring and unecessary

Also, Gali-Gali's stock is rising, really starting to like this guy. And Ein is like Graham Aker, but with less skill, showmanship and a bit darker.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Deathzealot

Woah. Did anyone notice that they still have the captured Brewer ship with them? There is a good image right before the end where we see the Hammerhead towing it. I thought it was McGillis ship earlier where we see it in an earlier but that is the red smaller ship we see him in the beginning of the episode. It is docked with the Isarbi earlier in the episode unloading cargo. Also is it me or are these Isarbi like ships larger then I think they are?
YokozunaBulldozer

Speaking of this week's episode I did not expect a certain man with a stache to make a comeback.
Guess he is doing alright for himself wearing fancy new threads and under new management. :mrgreen:
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Wellman

lingabao wrote:
YokozunaBulldozer wrote: Anyhoo, I cannot wait to see where this journey takes Kudelia from here on out as we have 7-8 episodes or so left.
I can't see any way that this gets wrapped up in 8 ... so many loose ends, with new characters introduced today, Nobliss/McMurdo drama, no earth drop, and still haven't seen the Grimgerde in action (though the last two may be addressed in the next ep.).
Yeah, I can't see that unless it is a rushed ending that just stops after gets to Earth makes a speech or does something. But the way things have been building, I expecting there to be another season for better or worst, they have a lot of ground they can cover with this stuff.
Amion

The show for me feels very similar to Argevollen not in story content, but in pacing. It was clear by the end of Arge that there was much more to tell, another whole twenty five episodes at least of war and plot, even if the characters had largely resolved themselves.

For me, IBO is in a stage where it's showing us the prequal days of Heero Yuy before he is assisinated and the world spirals into chaos, or the years of Zeon Daikun before his martyrdom.

It makes me suspect that, if we really do get a second season, a revolutionary war will take the center stage. Kudelia seems to be taking the road Maria, Relena and Lacus walked, but let's hope she turns out more like Diana from Turn A or Mineva.
Kuruni

Wow, Kudelia speech work perfectly. It is really big leap in her development and I think she's now in safe zone in term of character.

I'm surprise that McGillis still keep Todo around.

Speaking of character, Gaelio again prove to be more mature when there's no McGillis watching his back. I have to say I like him much more now.

Damn, the political play seem to be more complicate, surely we will see more of it soon enough.

Geez, if Lafter isn't part of Naze's harem I would think shipping her with Akihiro is legit move.

No battle this episode, but look like we will get another big one next.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kyuzo Aoi

The Kabuki Gjallarhorn commander in the last episode. The voice is familiar, is it?
Spoiler
Also, I liked how Mika still found out McGillis despite the mask.
I am a Gundam!
Amion

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:The Kabuki Gjallarhorn commander in the last episode. The voice is familiar, is it?
Spoiler
Also, I liked how Mika still found out McGillis despite the mask.
I always suspected Mika would know him at first glance. It fits his character. Sharp, but only on instinct. I guess that makes him standard shounen protagonist fair, if not for the quiet domineer and Big Red Berserk button.
Zeonista

I guess I could mention all the good stuff or interesting stuff in the episode. This one had it all, personal interaction & combat finish & heroes walking tough & the way to Earth opening up!

Mightier than the sword: Kudelia speaks to the colonies and the Earth Sphere at large. Great job, she really sounds convincing and scores a moral victory for the rebels despite the prior slaughter.
Bluff called: Gjallarhorn's bosses call off the dogs, rather than letting them destroy Isaribi...and prove Kudelia right beyond a doubt. Good one, princess. 8)
And your little dog too: What do you know, Todo is still around yapping at Tekkadan. I guess he hasn't outlived his usefulness yet.
A convenient messenger: I think someone on Earth has been paying closer attention than we think. The messenger to lead Isaribi to Earth showed up very quickly after the shooting stopped. Then again, just look at who met them. McGillis has been busy while posing as the world's richest hair metal fan.
Princess and Slayersrocksdude: Kudelia recognized him, but didn't say anthing. Mika-kun wasn't as circumspect, but then he didn't have to way the pros and cons of identifying McGillis.
Gali-Gali & Ein: It was a short scene, but it gave both of them some depth and a little understanding. Ein wants to be a winner and in with the cool kids, but only if he gets to be an equal. Gali-Gali is willing to help him out after they take care of their mutual Gundam problem.
A familiar voice: Hey, Inoue Kikuko finally voiced a character for Gundam! ;)
A strange old man: He may be strange, but he is the guy with the answers and the means to help Kudelia-hime.
A man has to hug: Atra-chan's naive desire to implement the right way of doing things is cute, funny & touching all at once.
Healing power of hugs: They really do help. Harem ship in full steam right now....
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
doghunter1

Zeonista wrote:
Two things:

1. What?

2. Have you forgotten Aina Sahalin (08th MS Team), Arleen Neyson, and that Shinigami (MS IGLOO)?
RyuseiDateSRX

doghunter1 wrote:
Zeonista wrote:
Two things:

1. What?

2. Have you forgotten Aina Sahalin (08th MS Team), Arleen Neyson, and that Shinigami (MS IGLOO)?
Not only them, but Inoue also voiced Eterna Freil, an original character from the SD Gundam G Generation series.
doghunter1

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:
doghunter1 wrote:
Zeonista wrote:
Two things:

1. What?

Not only them, but Inoue also voiced Eterna Freil, an original character from the SD Gundam G Generation series.
Thanks

Is it true the manga adaptation is out already?
BrentD15

Amion wrote:For me, IBO is in a stage where it's showing us the prequal days of Heero Yuy before he is assisinated and the world spirals into chaos, or the years of Zeon Daikun before his martyrdom.
Are you sure it isn't the other way around? :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

BrentD15 wrote:
Amion wrote:For me, IBO is in a stage where it's showing us the prequal days of Heero Yuy before he is assisinated and the world spirals into chaos, or the years of Zeon Daikun before his martyrdom.
Are you sure it isn't the other way around? :mrgreen:
Very possibly, but we can't deny the growing similarities to what Kudelia is doing compared to the politician Heero. Daikun might be less an example due to his running a country and having a whole philosophy, but still ends up playing a major role in revolution...
excalibur2008

Amion wrote:Daikun might be less an example due to his running a country and having a whole philosophy,
And potentially crazy as fuck, don't forget the potentially crazy as fuck.
Amion

I'm not sure how crazy Daikun could have been. He was pretty spot on about Newtype's existing and his being used as a sacrifice. . . I'm not that big a fan of Yas' Origin version of Daikun.
excalibur2008

Amion wrote:I'm not sure how crazy Daikun could have been. He was pretty spot on about Newtype's existing and
And wrong about it ending war, seeing as the last 2 or 3 wars in the UC timeline were started by Newtypes. So Newtypes basically changed nothing.
his being used as a sacrifice
He died so the Zabis could take over and create a fascist dictatorship that went around gassing the colonies they claimed to be fighting for, and generally slaughtered a fuckton of people. Not exactly a glorious legacy.