The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

Deathzealot wrote:Also the Captain of that Cruiser mentioned that they are Gjallarhorn afterall when discussing information control or something. So that can explain it. Also I get the feeling that Nobliss or rather his men were reasonable for the Workers knowing about Kudelia and seeing her speech.
Agreed.

Monster does make a point though with that guy saying "I saw her on the news." Then again, we don't know exactly which news is being referenced. Is it the news, or the "news"?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Kuruni

Warning. I don't cover spoiler. Go watch it first.

Another high tension episode despite nothing can be count as real battle.

It's possibly because the protest in this episode is really close to what happened in Thailand just few years ago, so I feel more connect than usual. But unlike in real life, at least I clearly know which side is victim here...and fully aware how people in-universe won't. That's refreshing...I guess.

So Navona doesn't really plan to use force and just want those weapons to make the protest look more serious. And at same time he's aware that bring in combat MW into protest might provoke Gjallarhorn to attack them first which will cause riot to escalate. Make sense? Well, I saw it happened in real life. At least , it seem that Navona doesn't want the latter to occur but really can't turn back now.

Too bad, he fail to realize that Gjallarhorn can turn the situation upside down with simple trick.

I wonder if we'll get info on the protester's MW? Since Gjallarhorn's NK-17 is new model and Tekkadan's TK-53 is outdated one, I guess this one is the standard commercial model.

Now it's pretty clear that despite her fame and role, Kudelia isn't well known as a person (at least outside of Mars). Totally clueless, she end up play right into BOTH Gjallarhorn's and Nobliss' hand. I guess that girl push her to ground just in time and since they're far away from main group, I'm willing to accept the plot armor for once. But seriously, fact that her lack of judgement cause this much damage does make her less likable somewhat. On the bright side, it look like this will bring big leap to her character.

Aww...Mika. Despite has his usual emosionless expression, his scene with Atra here is incredible lovely. He end up carries Kudelia much like how he carried Atra the last episode, but the mood is much darker here.

Damn, look like we were a little too fast to trust McMurdo. And to tell the truth, I've no idea what to expect from him now. He seem to think Kudelia is better live on, but fact that he's aware of Nobliss' plan and went with it make him much more of a wild card now. And this manage to cast shadow back over Teiwaz's arc, make me wonder what he actually plan for Tekkadan...and how much Naze know about it.

Next episode, finally big MS battle! I actually smile when Ein descript Gaelio's orderly lifestyle and call him innocent. Look like they get along fine.
Last edited by Kuruni on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My girlfriend was a loli.
balofo

Kuruni wrote:Next episode, finally big MS battle!
That QUALITY Rebake in the PV...
Deathzealot

Hmmm... Kuruni I got the impression that McMurdo was telling Nobliss that he is aware of the plan and it isn't the right one. Something about her being a money maker or something. Granted, it still kind of made me think McMurdo as an ass but still it wasn't him selling her out or anything.
Wellman

Yeah, it was basically him saying don't try to kill the goose before the golden eggs are laid.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Welp, I cried. Maybe I have just gotten soft over the years but I feel that
Spoiler
Fumitan's death
was very well done.

I take it the Maiden of Revolution was Joan of Arc? Or was it someone else? Anyone want to speculate?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Deathzealot

Not just Joan of Arc but others like her perhaps.
Amion

Maybe a legend from before the Calamity War? Or perhaps a legend from it? Its been 300 years after all, plenty of time for someone to write a fantasy on real events they saw.

A more generic legend from sometime before the war seems most likely to me. And I think now things are set up for the pieces to start clicking into place for Kudelia. When she gives her speech or makes her case on Earth it will not be done in ignorance but in full knowledge of the consequences and whether the people she is trying to help are prepared. They are ready, the beacon is oiled, she only needs to set it ablaze for the whole solar system to go up in flames.

Edit, oh yes:
Spoiler
Fumitan's death felt more genuine. I really loved how she never really "changed" even at the end. She was still who she was even when she finally cast her cynicism aside.
It fits with what she finally reveals about being an orphan. She was basically a female Mika. Note how both of them seemed to always be quiet and unruffled by desperate surroundings. The poor woman must have had a heart like stone, and while it softened in the end it never really "broke".
lingabao

balofo wrote:That QUALITY Rebake in the PV...
Looking forward to seeing it in action, looks like something out of CCA.

Hopefully, Fumitan (and the female union worker) will push Kudelia to *finally* realize what's going on in the earth/outer spheres and will lead her to take on the mantle of "Maiden of Revolution." I'd much rather see her proactively trying to unite the oppressed than continuing to blindly be pawned by McSleazy and Nobliss.
Outlaw

Spoiler
Overall a strong, impactful episode. As much as I love me some mech battles I appreciate that IBO doesn't stuff them in just to fill quota. Whether the series does well or not I think they went down the right path on that decision.

Also, between the second opening and the model kit scans I'm dying to see the Grimgerde in action.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Kuruni

I think Kudelia is already know she is doing something big and important all along. It is just that she does not really aware how important herself is to people's eyes, until now. Note how she has no problem surrender herself to Gjallarhorn if it mean less bloodshed, possibly think that someone will carry on her task (while people in Gjallarhorn know that without her the revolution movement will greatly loss its drive, and Nobliss know that her death can cause big riot if he can blame it on Gjallarhorn).
My girlfriend was a loli.
nacho-wan

Outlaw wrote:
Spoiler
Overall a strong, impactful episode. As much as I love me some mech battles I appreciate that IBO doesn't stuff them in just to fill quota. Whether the series does well or not I think they went down the right path on that decision.

Also, between the second opening and the model kit scans I'm dying to see the Grimgerde in action.
At this point in time, IBO is far below its quota. And for me that's the real turn down for this series: sure I like a series with credible characters, but I prefer to have my mecha series with both credible characters and actual battles between the mecha. Seeing the Barbatos stand in a hangar is not cool, seeing it smashing a Graze cockpit with a mace is far better. I wonder if gunpla sales will suffer for this lack of action?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Deathzealot

Hmmm... interesting episode. Poor SOBs in the Union though they are not only betrayed by Nobliss but their equipment is sabotaged which sees them get slaughtered. That said anyone else notice that during the opening in this episode the communication window in the Barbatos while it launches has changed from Fumitan to Merribet. Not the first time the Opening was changed due to new stuff introduced, the First opening had Naze with several more girls then just Amida after the Turbines where introduced. Also what is up with this L7 Garrison Fleet? There is a Lagrange Seven Now?
lingabao

*MINOR* spoilers below

Though Ep.17 plot was pretty close to what most expected, there were still some moments that made me genuinely smile:
- Launching of Ryusei-Go - definitely giggled
- Kudelia placing the necklace - she's about to take control
- Intervention of the Rebake - too coincidental, but cool nonetheless
- Anticipation of our 3 MS vs. entire garrison fleet

Yes, it's taken some time, but this is the first time I'm REALLY looking forward to the next ep.
Amion

Recall that Ahab reactors can manipulate or create gravity. It should be no surprise they could be used to create more stable orbit points around Earth.

And this episode was good, it's just that this story is now dangerously close to failing us on mecha action. I've been patient long enough. More of what we saw today, please, storyboard. If we get a running battle to enter the atmosphere from now on it may make up for it, atmospheric entry battles are always intense by their vary nature.

And looks like we are getting that development for Kudelia at last. this was great. It really does feel like Zeta or another Tomino show: the slow build up and steady worldbuilding has finally begun to pick up momentum. Will it continue, though?
PowerdGNFlag

Deathzealot wrote:Hmmm... interesting episode. Poor SOBs in the Union though they are not only betrayed by Nobliss but their equipment is sabotaged which sees them get slaughtered. That said anyone else notice that during the opening in this episode the communication window in the Barbatos while it launches has changed from Fumitan to Merribet. Not the first time the Opening was changed due to new stuff introduced, the First opening had Naze with several more girls then just Amida after the Turbines where introduced. Also what is up with this L7 Garrison Fleet? There is a Lagrange Seven Now?
In addition to this, the Barbatos is now accompanied by the Ryusei-go and the Rebake (which was actually pronounced as "Re-bake" than "Re-ba-ke" in the shot after the launch when they fly upward.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Deathzealot

Also the beginning of the opening is different as well with the Necklace in Kudelia's hand. Also during the part with Shino talking to a couple other guys the Ryusei-go is in the background instead of the regular Graze Kai.

Also.
lingabao wrote:*MINOR* spoilers below
Heh. I think we are not going to get a fight between the apporaching Garrison Fleet and Tekkadan because of the scene in the Preview where they are let go for some reason.
Compass

THIS is the Gundam series I have been waiting for.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Wellman

Deathzealot wrote:Also the beginning of the opening is different as well with the Necklace in Kudelia's hand. Also during the part with Shino talking to a couple other guys the Ryusei-go is in the background instead of the regular Graze Kai.

Also.
lingabao wrote:*MINOR* spoilers below
Heh. I think we are not going to get a fight between the apporaching Garrison Fleet and Tekkadan because of the scene in the Preview where they are let go for some reason.

Yeah, given that two out of the three are just getting used to their machines, such a fight early on without massive plot armor wouldn't be that good. That being said, I REALLY hope this isn't another 25 episode series, I get the feeling there is a lot more that can be done. Not sure if there is enough story for a whole another 25 episode season but with its normal pace I can't see them doing enough to get a good conclusion.

Meanwhile, more Gundam frames, I wonder if we will ever see a modern machine that can perform on par one on one with these old Gundam frames people keep bringing out.
Amion

If they reverse-engineered a Gundam frame, maybe. Problem is, the only way to bring out one of the Solomon/Lesser Key Gundam's full potential.

On that note, I guess we're seeing just how great a pilot Galileo really is. He's keeping up with the Kimaris' abilities to fight on par with Mika. He may have his work cut out, however. Mika learns quick, as does his Alyia Vijnana.