Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Breaker 2: Updates and Discussion

The problem is that most of the people who own the game have already gotten all they intended out of it, and no longer feel any need to play. There's no incentive to continue once you've cleared the main story.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

There's also the fact that... while many reviewers seemed to enjoy that it is so much less grindy compared to the first, in terms of getting weapons and whatnot (CADs are still far easier to get than the best in GB1), I think that it actually hurt the game's longevity. It is basically better than 1 in every aspect, yet actually is so much faster to get everything you would want. GB2 actually has an easy end, GB1 was like an MMO in that you kept up that grind for the random drops, so even if it wasn't as good, had less parts, and had less polish... it was like Diablo II where the loot running itself kept it alive.
Mimeblade

You guys know those "GBS color" PG bosses in Gundam Breaker 1?

Does anyone have pictures of them for reference on how to color them that way in GB2?

RX-78 "Real Color Ver" (Brown, Black, Gold)
Zeta Gundam "White Unicorn Color Ver" (White and Purple Lacings)
Unicorn "GBS Color Ver" (Green Psycoframe)
Wing Zero Custom "GBS Color Ver" (Black Wings with Blue Wingtips, Grey Frame, Purple Core)
Astray Red Frame Kai "GBS Color Ver" (Red and Gold Frame)
Strike Freedom "GBS Color Ver" (based on Infinite Justice Colors)
00 Riser "GBS Color Ver" (Grey and Black?)
AmuroNT1

Well, some of them are existing models...the RX-78 is just the "Real Type Colors" from MSV, the Zeta is Amuro Ray's custom from Green Divers and Evolve, and Unicorn with green Psychoframe is how it appears with the Full Armor equip.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Raikoh

Xenosynth wrote:GB2 actually has an easy end.
I hope you don't mean postgame content. Although most of the postgame stuff, yes, is fairly simple if you use an adequately leveled unit, you haven't experienced Hell until you've reached the Build Fighters Try level of 00 wank that is Gundam Cafe 15. Oh, it starts fair but then the Aces show up.

Then again my main build is AGE-2 stuff which has a lower max than higher level stuff and the skills are filled all the way with Treasure Hunter so make of that what you will.
Xenosynth wrote:I mean, 2 did even better than 1 did from what I read, and 1's sequel got greenlit pretty fast. Might just be putting more time between, idk.
I'd hope that would be the case since that'd give them more time to add in more stuff. Stuff from G-Reco and Tekketsu would be obvious, but also more non-Gundams. Adding in more side units is also obvious like the rest of the Shuffle Alliance units, more EW stuff (quad gatlings needs to be a thing for Zenbuarms), more Turn A, and maybe even some X units. For as much as they're fun, being able to make more grunts is one of the things I would most want from a Breaker sequel. Top on that list includes any aquatic units, original SEED grunts, Aheads, AGE grunts, and anything G-Reco.

It'd also be nice if they gave better weapon options. What they have is fine, but they really should have the option to go unarmed and use martial arts with any arms, since if you want a unit that uses martial arts you're forced to use one of about a half dozen different arms. If possible it would be nice if not only they had that option but added one or two more unarmed styles, like boxing if they add Maxter being a given.

Customization is nice, but man they really need to take a page from the Soul Calibur V editor and add in more features. Ability to play more with patterns and add "stickers" for a certain flair, like a vertical stripe up the shoulder or a big emblem on the back. For having such an amazing editor I'm surprised Bandai Namco doesn't just copy+paste the features onto their other games where customization is a focus. Plus I don't like how certain parts are color-linked, like you can't make the skirt and feet different colors on some legs for example. Perhaps split the parts a little more, as well. Shoulders separate from arms and waist separate from legs. After all, those parts aren't exactly connected in most Gunpla, you can mix and match them as you please.

GB2 is still fun and I occasionally have bursts of inspiration where I want to make a unit. I'd like a sequel but would want it to have really huge, clear innovations that make the entire experience more enjoyable.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
GVmanX

Are ranged weapons aside from bazookas and continuous beams useless for post-plot grinding, or do I just suck?
Outlaw

Each weapon type is perfectly viable given enough upgrading, though individual weapons in may be somewhat lacking. The Zaku's MMP, for example, is a rather underwhelming machine gun.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
GVmanX

I guess I'll have to give 'em another go, then. Thanks.
AmuroNT1

If you're wondering, these seem to be the "ultimate" weapons for each category, based off of how the Perfect Guide uses them in its specialized builds.

Saber: GN Sword V
Double Saber: Super Lacerta
Two-Handed Sword: Arondight
Twinblade: Beam Naginata (Char's Gelgoog)
Axe: Beam Axe (Sinanju)
Lance: Dods Lancer
Whip: Heat Rod (Epyon)

Rifle/Double Rifle: Beam Magnum (Banshee Norn)
Long Rifle: Hyper Mega Rifle
Machine Gun: Beam Machine Gun (GX Divider)
Gatling: Beam Gatling (Heavyarms)
Bazooka: Hyper Bazooka (Unicorn)

GVmanX

Thanks! This'll come in handy!
Xenosynth

Re: Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Bumping up this thread. Maybe merge it with the other one? Gonna be doing my usual pixel hunting and frame by frame analyzing for new info!
AmuroNT1

A little more from the Famitsu article: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201601/07096687.html

There's now another tab in the build menu which is where you can "hardpoint" weapons like railcannons and missile pods. This seems to have replaced the Option weapons from past games.

Additionally, in those screencaps you can see the Gold SUMO.

And finally, the stats seem to have been streamlined:
-Armor (HP)
-Melee DPS
-Ranged DPS
-Physical Guard
-Beam Guard
-Reaction Speed
-Movement Speed
-Boost Speed
-Thruster Output

Xenosynth

Site updated. Awaiting translation on it since I cannot read. Doesn't show any new mobile suits that weren't confirmed in previous outings.
AmuroNT1

They only mention 20 new Gunpla, but then the big issue with this game is that the playables are limited to MS that have actually received model kits, which means they can't just throw anything they want into it.

Also, it's seemingly confirmed that SD Gundams aren't playable.

The menu option for sub-weapons is now labeled Builders Parts, and in addition to weapons you can add cosmetic items like the Turn A-stache.

Once more, Back-On is performing the game's theme song, this time called "Mirrors".

ragnaroc

As long as they confirm everything from GB2 returns, I have no complaints.
Xenosynth

To be fair, if they have a HIGH focus on customizability, builders parts, etc, it will get harder to keep adding more suits as they would have to retroactively change and fix all the previous suits. plus it seems they again are using new models, so it is kinda having a G Gen effect where they can add a ton more at first but subsequent games.

And I don't think models are a big limiter? My wishlist has a ton of suits still and it is just made of things I would think would be cool in the game, and this entire wishlist set has models.

UC Wishlist
AU Wishlist

(And even if they added like 10 suits from those I would be happy haha. But yeah, there are over 160 HGUC models, AGE had 35 distinct models, HG Seed had over 40, IBO has 9 released (not including the booster), 00 had over 60 HGs, Build Fighters over 40, G-Reco 16, Thunderbolt 5, The Origin 7, The RE/100 line which has 4 unique MS not found in any other line (Nightingale, Gundam Mk III, Dijeh, and GP04, with the Efreet Kai coming soon), and Gunpla Builders having a few unique non-recolors... and those are just the modern lines, when you throw in the old 80s MSV kits, things that have MGs but no HGs, etc, there are definitely over 400 unique mobile suits models, and we know they don't shy away from using kits from other years. 20 new suits would only bring the count to 192, which is a lot! But yeah.)

(Sorry for being pedantic on it but I also saw others complaining about models being a limiting factor and I think it is a bit of a false argument.)
AmuroNT1

Well, I'm not trying to make a false argument with the whole "It has to have a model" thing, but the whole point of Breaker is to sell model kits, so they aren't going to include stuff that they can't sell. There have been a few enemy-only units (mostly MAs) that don't have models, but for the most part it holds true to that rule. Though they're not super-strict with it, since things like say Virsago CB, which was only ever a 1/144, can be obtained in both scales.

I really did want them to include tons of stuff from Build Fighters, especially the supplemental kits and Builders Kits, since that would allow a greater deal of customization. It does suck that they're only adding 20 more units; hopefully that's just a tease, or else there'll be DLC like with 2.

Xenosynth

True, though even old models still sell well and are regularly re-released! Bandai still even puts out the 1980/90s kits once or twice a year. And I dunno if I entirely am sold on them trying overly hard for things to sell, since the Breaker games have always lagged a bit in terms of what gunpla were popular when it comes out (since they didn't include that many BF kits in 2 when Breaker kits were at their peak, except the 3 leads.). Hell, even the new announcements include things like the Gold Sumo and Kapool which are part of those old lines that only get rereleased every now and then.

(And it wasn't just at you, it was various people saying that and the statement did confuse me though. I dunno. I get really into the modeling so I feel a lot of the random gundam fans on gamefaqs and such don't seem to understand anything about it. I should have tempered myself in here a bit more since I know you're smart, I was just exasperated. Hell, I don't even mind if it is a low new unit count, it's just that thought itself.)

Do we have confirmation that it is EXACTLY 20 units? Because Breaker 2 used ambiguous wording in its advertising (saying they had over 100 units) when it had 173 total. So perhaps they are adding more than 20 but 20 was just a nice round number?
Blazer-X

I'd assume they mean "more than 20" until proven otherwise. Even if they stick to predominantly recent series Gundams (Thunderbolt, whatever is left from Unicorn, both BF series, etc.), there's still a good number of Gunpla they could add in.

Personally really want them to announce a PS3 port, but eh, can't always win. Looking forward to customizing an MS with option weapons when it does finally come out.
Xenosynth

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/193/1193931/

Looks like aesthetic add-ons went the Soul Calibur route with being movable/scaleable.