The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mythgarr

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

Even SEED knows on how to pepper the most boring episodes with some metal to metal action goodness!
Visit The Dreams
zetatype

Mythgarr wrote:Even SEED knows on how to pepper the most boring episodes with some metal to metal action goodness!
Ha, the catch is that half of it's recycled animation. Well ok not that much.....that would be Destiny.
Calubin_175

They finally showcased the relevance of heavy armor since there are no beam weapons. The last time armor was relevant was the Gogg's first appearance and the Baqto from AGE.
balofo

Next ep summaries and titles: https://i.imgur.com/mOnsMv2.jpg
Spoiler
12 Sunken rock: Orga and Mika learn that Akihiro's long lost younger brother is a Brewers pilot. In order to take Akihiro's brother back, Tekkadan challenges Brewers.
13 Funeral: The battle with Brewers leads to the sacrifices of many friends and foes alike. Those who remained hold a funeral to pray for the dead ones rebirth.
14 The ship that carries hope: no summary but Kudelia kisses Mika in this one.
15 The direction of footprints?: no summary yet.

The huge battle will be in ep 12, time to fill those bodybags
Last edited by Destiny_Gundam on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spoiler tags for spoilers. Common sense, people.
Deathzealot

Huh. Looks like I won a bet with myself.
Spoiler
I believed that with Akihiro telling the story about his brother that they end up fighting him in the near future. And it appears I was right. For once.
Dark Duel

The next ep preview made that, IMO, pretty obvious. So I'm not at all surprised. Still, should be pretty good, if the show keeps up with the same level of quality.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
kabukigang777

balofo wrote:Next ep summaries and titles: https://i.imgur.com/mOnsMv2.jpg
Spoiler
12 Sunken rock: Orga and Mika learn that Akihiro's long lost younger brother is a Brewers pilot. In order to take Akihiro's brother back, Tekkadan challenges Brewers.
13 Funeral: The battle with Brewers leads to the sacrifices of many friends and foes alike. Those who remained hold a funeral to pray for the dead ones rebirth.
14 The ship that carries hope: no summary but Kudelia kisses Mika in this one.
15 The direction of footprints?: no summary yet.

The huge battle will be in ep 12, time to fill those bodybags
Spoiler
i guess akihiro or his brother will be dead in 12.
Last edited by Destiny_Gundam on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Discussing spoilers also require spoiler tags.
battletech

The dub has found the voice of the Mikazuki.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... dub/.96245
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Deathzealot

Woah. There is actually going to be a dub for a Gundam series? Nice.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Deathzealot

Damn! That is going to be awesome...
Outlaw

Wow, I think, unless I'm missing something, this is the first time JYB has worked on Gundam.
Despite his voice being differant from Orga's JP VA I think he could actually be a pretty good match for the character.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Destiny_Gundam

I think I've found the words to articulate how I feel about the series so far.

It is good, but perhaps it's too good because I don't really find it endearing. Trying your best despite your flaws, stumbling, pulling yourself up and achieving victory in the end is something I can really root for. The show itself lacks any major flaws, but the same goes for the characters in universe. Sure, they've done a pretty good job of showing they do have flaws, but thus far none of those flaws have been a detriment. They took over CGS with ease, they headed off into space with ease, they got in with Teiwaz with ease, etc. Biscuit points out how Orga always takes the harder path but everything has worked out for them. They're all a fully functional family unit too so there's little internal conflict to iron out.

Compare this to Gundam 00 where the Meisters are shown to have clashing personalities that sometimes get in the way of their missions. Them working to overcome that and bond as a real team is something I can really get invested in.

Looking at another Okada work, I really love Aquarion Evol, specifically the main couple. They're a pair of awkward kids who bumble through their relationship, making mistakes and pissing each other off aplenty, but despite that you can see the bond forming between them and it's that much more satisfying when they finally hooked up.

Hopefully Tekkadan meets more set backs soon. I like them well enough but they need to face a more substantial obstacle so I can get more worked up about them overcoming it.

At the moment though I can say that Orga was fairly endearing this episode. His awkwardness around Merribit, due to his unfamiliarity with women and his obvious attraction to her, is hindering his interactions with her and creates an issue he's going to have to work to resolve.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kuruni

Finally watched it. Man, to think that it will get back to darker tone soon... What should be another soothing episode end up more like calm before storm (I'm really worry about Takaki here, he pretty much rise his dead flag and wave it around to us).

Orga finally got shiptease, hehe... And she seem to see through his tough act. Too bad that it would be overshadowed among fandom by yaoi...

Shit, I'm glad that Atra's flashback is brief, if they spend full episode on it it would be outright depressing (of course, Akihito's past is fucking depress despite being as brief). That's clever use of coloring and blur, the scene she met Mika look as if the background suppose to be from storybook.

It's somewhat of moodwhiplash but of course, she's on the right track! That's the best way to resolve love triangle subplot! XD
My girlfriend was a loli.
Amion

I'm hoping the Brewers cause enough difficulty for Tekkadan that Destiny's desire for more adversity and slip ups via character flaws, i.e, tragic decisions can be brought about. The last episodes have indeed been growing more toward the stale side. But obviously we were simply getting some setup out of the way for the big series of clashes to come.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
zetatype

As much as I want things to start getting difficult for Tekkadan I really hope they don't kill off Akihiro or Takata in the next 2 episodes especially after they just got some significant exposition. It's a trope that i would really like to see avoided.

As for the announcemet for IBO's dub actors

I never heard any of Kyle McCarley's work so no opinion there. As much as I like JYB, I don't know if his voice is right for Orga. Though he did surprise me with his voice acting for Lelouch so maybe he'll surprise me again.
LightningCount

I have not kept up with this series. I only watched up through Episode 3. I intend to get back to it eventually. But I just wanted to call this out: If Bang Zoom is doing the dub, I can totally see Tony Oliver taking the role of Biscuit, and that would be nice. (I think JYB as Orga is a curious choice, but hopefully he'll throw his voice and surprise me.)
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
balofo

Brewers' boss, ordered to capture Kudelia by Chocolate Man.

http://g-tekketsu.com/character/img/38.png
Calubin_175

Looks like someone from Hokuto no Ken.
YokozunaBulldozer

Hmm, I feel like JYB would be better as either Ein, Eugene, or Gaelio(who happens to be voiced by a certain Mr. Matsukaze who had a gig as a blue ranger right before debuting as that dude who wore a leather jacket and had a father who was gifted with the voice of Segata Sanshiro/the first grasshopper biker in Shenmue).
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER