The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

thirty pages, new thread, etc
Calubin_175 wrote:This episode showed the soft side of Orga through his drunkedness, his infatuation with the woman, and him interacting with the younger crew member.

There was also the cool Hakuren pilot who isn't one dimensional as she liked helping out with meal duties with Atra and playing with one of Naze's babies.
Deathzealot

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

Wow! A second Thread Already?
Mythgarr

Here for the second thread tagging :)

I was hoping Barbatos would be upgraded using scraps of Graze or Hyakuren, but no, it was upgraded using unlimited budget...kinda take away the space-punk feels of it...
Visit The Dreams
zetatype

Once again another excellent episode. Good pacing and character moments, its nice to see that IBO can keep up the quality even when Mobile suits aren't bashing each other around (though hopefully we get back to that soon).

Next week it looks like it'll be a half exposition half action episode and what interests me is that it looks like we'll finally get a glimpse into Atra and Mika's pasts.
cntr

I love how character-focused this is. One of the best Gundam shows in ages.
Amion

cntr wrote: One of the best Gundam shows in ages.
Gee. That could almost pas for a pun. :twisted:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Mythgarr

It's not done yet, so judging it one of the best is quite premature.

Just like when 00 Season 1 started and everyone praised it and then season 2 happened.
Visit The Dreams
Destiny_Gundam

For me, while I recognise and appreciate how well constructed it is (especially compared to the mess that is G-Reco) nothing about it has really gotten my blood pumping yet. When 00 was airing I couldn't wait for the next episode, but with this show nothing has me wishing it was Sunday already.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
nacho-wan

Destiny_Gundam wrote:For me, while I recognise and appreciate how well constructed it is (especially compared to the mess that is G-Reco) nothing about it has really gotten my blood pumping yet. When 00 was airing I couldn't wait for the next episode, but with this show nothing has me wishing it was Sunday already.
Well the first episode cliff-hanger really impressed me. But you are right, every weeks it feels less urgent that say when 00 premiered way back then.
So far this show has demonstrated that it is about the characters, which is kind of nice but I think they could amp a bit the MS combat -you can't sell that many kits without display the toys after all!

As per the last episode, I can't be the only one that chuckled at the cannoli right?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
cntr

I'm expecting more action from now, since the Turbines/Tekkadan team's been assembled. I liked that they were willing to have no action at all, not even to spice things up.
Amion

I'm still clutching my hope of this series being a traditional 50 episode series with a deathgrip. If it does turn out Bandai intends to follow up with another 25 episodes, then the current eps can afford to spend ample time with low key character molding.
balofo

Ep. 11 ''Human Debris'' summary:

Akihiro and Takaki left Isaribi to patrol when they encountered an unknown enemy thus sparking a battle. This enemy is Brewers, pirates that attack the Mars/Earth route

I wonder if it was Brewers that killed Akihiro's parents and sold him into slavery...
zetatype

Destiny_Gundam wrote:For me, while I recognise and appreciate how well constructed it is (especially compared to the mess that is G-Reco) nothing about it has really gotten my blood pumping yet. When 00 was airing I couldn't wait for the next episode, but with this show nothing has me wishing it was Sunday already.
I felt that after episode 4 00's plot lost a lot of urgency. It was pretty much a repeat of who Celestrial Being is gonna pick a fight with this time and the end of each episode or arc did very little to advance the plot. It wasn't until the three factions teamed up against CB and the arrival of the Trinity siblings that the plot gained some steam again. Though thankfully the show remained entertaining with its fights, some decent character moments, and unique political setting.

IBO may not have the political drama (yet) or as much action as we usually see in gundam series, but in spite of that its characters have me looking forward to the show each Sunday. They aren't great yet but I find myself liking IBO's cast of characters much more than a lot of other Gundam series' characters (at this point in the series that is).
Amion wrote:I'm still clutching my hope of this series being a traditional 50 episode series with a deathgrip. If it does turn out Bandai intends to follow up with another 25 episodes, then the current eps can afford to spend ample time with low key character molding.
Aye, same here. While I think IBO could still end up being a good series if it decides to be primarily a character driven story, having another 25 or even 12 episodes would open up a lot of potential for the show especially on the political side of things. The last two episodes have shown that Gjallarhorn isn't the only major player in this universe as there are the 4 economic blocks and factions like Teiwaz that stand to gain or loss something from Kudelia's diplomatic mission. All these factions butting heads with each other could lead to some interesting political drama to say the least.
Amion

Setup is important to good political drama if done rightly. We could be in for non-stop cloak and dagger during the Earth Arc exactly because we were told the bits and pieces before the actual political wheels were presented to us in the episodes proper.

And about the fighting: technically we've had more episodes with fighting than not, just without the focus being exclusively MS.
kabukigang777

balofo wrote:Ep. 11 ''Human Debris'' summary:

Akihiro and Takaki left Isaribi to patrol when they encountered an unknown enemy thus sparking a battle. This enemy is Brewers, pirates that attack the Mars/Earth route

I wonder if it was Brewers that killed Akihiro's parents and sold him into slavery...
i guess akihiro will gonna pilot the guison if they kill the pilot and capture the gundam or they capture it in brewers ship or base
Mythgarr

I am still hoping they're going to pull a Nadleeh out of the Guison.
It looks totally strange to be named Gundam.
Visit The Dreams
kabukigang777

Mythgarr wrote:I am still hoping they're going to pull a Nadleeh out of the Guison.
It looks totally strange to be named Gundam.
im hoping that too,maybe guison will gonna have forms(what i mean modification) like barbatos
Amion

I like the Guison. A new take on a Gundam design, but I still like it. Now, that giant hammer it's carrying is an entirely different matter, but still. :mrgreen:
Kuruni

Mythgarr wrote:I am still hoping they're going to pull a Nadleeh out of the Guison.
Maybe they would take a step further by give it full transformation sequence with flashy bubbles in background, end with blooming flowers and Ranka Wink.

Joke, :mrgreen: , I actually like how it look. It's like taking a step that SeeD miss - now the term "Gundam" is given new context, why should they bound by the look?
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

Kuruni wrote:now the term "Gundam" is given new context, why should they bound by the look?
Has Gundam ever been bound by the look in-universe? I don't think there's anything that actually prevents anyone from naming their mobile suit, Gundam.