The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Schwalbe Graze manual:
-Overall height: 18.1m, dry weight:32.5t
-McGillis Schwalbe Graze: The Schwalbe Graze is a sister machine that used the same type frame of the Graze which is currently being deployed in the Earth Sphere and outer space as Gjallarhorn's mainline mass produced MS. The Schwalbe Graze is a trial machine that was born in the Graze's development process aiming at higher output and mobility, so inside Gjallarhorn, as a matter of fact, same type machines called Graze have been operating. Compared with the Graze which aimed for a further general purpose nature, the machine's stability during lower output is inferior so the pilot's talent is demanded for steering. On the other hand, it's superior in the highest output, the more the battle's severity increases the more it displays the performance. Also, commander specification Schwalbe Grazes are being operated, in many cases the passenger is fixed so customization is done to suit the pilot so there is a tendency for each machine's personality to stand out. Standard Graze use equipment retrofit is possible.
-McGillis Fareed: adopted by the current head of the Fareed clan, Izunario Fareed(guy reflected on his sword in the OP?). Friend of Gaelio, Bauduin family is also part of the Seven Stars, and said to be engaged to his sister Arumiria which they haven't seen in a while. When he arrived to inspect the Mars branch it has been decided for him have a deep connection(fate) with Mikazuki and Tekkadan.
-Battle Axe and Rifle have the same text from the vanilla Graze
-Wire Claw: shooting type claw for enemy MS restraint, used for clinging to enemy vessels. Captured item for Barbatos' equipping too.
-McGillis Unit: It places emphasis on high output operation, adoption of Flight Unit equipment makes it possible to combat even within the atmosphere under the great influence of the planet's gravity. As a matter of course, the extra burden affects the pilot too and the machine's control becomes difficult, however, McGillis masters the technique.
-Flight Unit: additional high output propulsion unit that used the same technology of interplanetary cruiser battleship's main thrusters. It becomes possible to fly above ground too.
-Environmental activity: Similarly to the Graze which pursued versatility, the Schwalbe Graze's forte is to not select the environment to operate. In addition to making the equipment lighter, by means of the Flight Unit further high mobility is achieved; it's possible to cope with command, support and melee combat too since it's endowed with abundant armament variation.

So there must be a vanilla Schwalbe without the commander antenna, nice

Next manuals are Graze Kai/Option Set 2 in 3 weeks, the week after are Hyakuri/Hyakuren and finally the 1/100 Barbatos in 10/29.

Hopefully the 1/100 Barbatos will have more in-depth info on Nano Laminated Armor, Ahab Reactor and Gundam Frame
SonicSP

Thanks for the translation as always.

I'm curios on whether we'll ever see the unmodified EB-05, like maybe in an MSV or something. Aren't there any planned MSVs for IBO by the way? Would be strange if there wasn't a usual series dedicated for it.
Arsarcana

I dunno if they'd announce one so soon. I can't remember exactly when it was in the series' run (maybe about a third of the way?) that we first started hearing about things like the Catsith having a ground combat variation and maybe we'd see it in MSV, that sort of thing.

Didn't the first Option Set not have any info ih the manual? Wonder if the Hyakuri manual will provide information on the missile launcher and bazooka parts that belong to it from the second Set or if we'll have to get that information elsewhere along with all the info on the first Set parts.
balofo

Arsarcana wrote:I dunno if they'd announce one so soon. I can't remember exactly when it was in the series' run (maybe about a third of the way?) that we first started hearing about things like the Catsith having a ground combat variation and maybe we'd see it in MSV, that sort of thing.

Didn't the first Option Set not have any info ih the manual? Wonder if the Hyakuri manual will provide information on the missile launcher and bazooka parts that belong to it from the second Set or if we'll have to get that information elsewhere along with all the info on the first Set parts.
The option sets have the info on the box and on the official gunpla website pic(if they post it before the gunpla releases)
Option Set 1 Box info:
-CGS Mobile Worker: overall height: 3.5m, dry weight: 2.2t. It was being used for combat duty in CGS. Apart from combat, it has been used too in routine moving and materials transport.
-Schwalbe Graze Use Lance: anti-MS, anti-battleship specification armament with Nano Laminated Armor point penetration objective.
-Barbatos Use Smooth-bore Gun: Large Caliber Rifle produced considering use mainly in zero gravity space, emphasis was placed on power rather than accuracy. It can be equipped to back folded up.
-Graze Use Shield: heat-resisting specification shield that has been developed for the Graze's use. Nano Laminated Armor has been applied, extremely sturdy
the vanilla EB-05 Schwalbe Graze should be green? with no commander antenna. Maybe it will appear in the anime later
balofo

Official site now has different model numbers for the Teiwaz MS:
-STH-14s Hyakuri, so it's a commander model
-STH-05 Hyakuren, I still think Amida's will be STH-05s

-GMG mentioned the Schwalbe's large waist parts are actually stabilizers for high speed movement

By Friday we should know the January gunpla releases, maybe we will get more Graze variants or a new Gundam. 1st look at the Booster too
balofo

January gunpla releases:

-Option Set 3 with: Gjallarhorn MW(we're getting lineart and specs afterall), Gusion Axe, Gusion Chopper and a Halberd: https://i.imgur.com/lBAEHkn.jpg

The Gusion pilot must be bloodthirsty butcher
balofo

We're gonna have to wait until 11/20 to see the Barbatos Long Range Booster plus the other 2 January gunpla releases in Gunpla Expo. It may also spoiler the February gunpla releases.

BTW the 1/100 Graze gives us model numbers and specs for its weapons:
-GR-W01 120mm Rifle
-GR-H01 9.8m Battle Axe

EDIT: we're getting a 1/100 McGillis Schwalbe Graze in January

Info from interview:
-Alaya Vijnana System was originally developed for space work
-Gjallarhorn MS confirmed to not have any organic device
-Nano Laminated Armor becomes strong due to Ahab Waves
-If the Ahab Reactor stops the armor's strength goes down, however since it has a strong strong foundation not much is affected. Tearing the armor apart is different though.
-Battleships are very sturdy because of their large Ahab Reactor so in a battle between them it's common to resort to hand to hand combat when boarding the enemy's.
-Mobile Workers run on a hydrogen engine, even in groups they can't defeat a MS
balofo

Ep 4:

-The dark blue Graze in ep 1 seems to be the usual color for the space use Graze(booster mounted in the back)
-Tekkadan's battleship is called Armored Assault Ship Isaribi
-Barbatos is already getting its Smooth-bore Gun in the next ep. Then the Graze Kai must be their own production too.

They said the path to Earth they are taking is full of civilian enterprises so that must be what Brewers and Teiwaz are.
nacho-wan

Alaya Vijnana is going to be the key tech here; so far it has received more emphasis that the Ahab reactors. What is bottering me is why Mika had three times the surgery? To have tri-core spacial analysis prowness?

As for the grazes, nice that at least for one series mass-production doesn't mean cannon fodder. So far the story has revelead that they are top-level machines, which makes for more interesting battles.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Deathzealot

Honestly like I mentioned in the anime thread I do believe that is the reason why he is able to pilot the Bardabos.
Erisie

Calubin_175 wrote:Ebikawa's Graze looks like Teraoka's KG-6 from Aldonah Zero
I thought the KG-6 Sleipnir was designed by someone under the pseudonym "I-IV".
Ryujin

nacho-wan wrote:Alaya Vijnana is going to be the key tech here; so far it has received more emphasis that the Ahab reactors. What is bottering me is why Mika had three times the surgery? To have tri-core spacial analysis prowness?
Perhaps it's literally having the equivalent of three input/output channels; you can exchange & process 3x more data in the same period of time with your vehicle in comparison to someone with only one of the Alaya thingamabobs. This is in addition to the inherent advantage that a more direct man-machine interface already offers over the traditional manual control interface & audiovisual data feedback.
SonicSP

Ryujin wrote:
nacho-wan wrote:Alaya Vijnana is going to be the key tech here; so far it has received more emphasis that the Ahab reactors. What is bottering me is why Mika had three times the surgery? To have tri-core spacial analysis prowness?
Perhaps it's literally having the equivalent of three input/output channels; you can exchange & process 3x more data in the same period of time with your vehicle in comparison to someone with only one of the Alaya thingamabobs. This is in addition to the inherent advantage that a more direct man-machine interface already offers over the traditional manual control interface & audiovisual data feedback.
I think the implants are called Whiskers if I'm not mistaken.
E08

Whiskers seem to be their nickname. Alaya Vijnana seem to be the formal name. In the latest episode, Galieo questions what is on Mikazuki's back and McGrillis calls that Alaya Vijnana system before explaining it.
SonicSP

balofo wrote:They said the path to Earth they are taking is full of civilian enterprises so that must be what Brewers and Teiwaz are.
If that does turn out to be true then they must be super loaded to be able to not only field their own mobile suits but also have their own designs.

For some reason, I keep having this wild guess that one of them is some sort of secret separatist faction in Jupiter since Jupiter is likely to be involved in the future based on the HG. Maybe people who escaped from Mars after the Calamity War?
Amion

Could be we really will get 50 episodes, if we're getting Jupiter suits. Then again, a certain recent series gave us loads of designs, too...
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
balofo

Jupiter is the Teiwaz motherbase, not the planet. I believe you can briffly see it in the OP
SonicSP

Curious, has it been stated anywhere that the CGS Mobile Worker uses a "Hydrogen Engine" for its powerplant? An editor at Gundam Wikia just placed it for the article there without citing any sources and has not yet at this point replied to my query on the talk page over there.

Fact checking and citations is one of the things I do a lot in Gundam Wikia so I wanted to ask anybody here in case they know anything about this being stated somewhere (to be fair to the editor, citing sources on the infobox is hard since it won't show up with our current coding). I've yet to see it in the forums I visit and I don't want to delete it if it turns out to be true so want to try and ask around before I either leave it or delete it.
E08

For what it's worth, the japanese wiki has the same claim and the source is listed as Gundam Ace, december issue i think.
SonicSP

Alright thanks a lot! That's still something with a specific primary source citation. I will just leave it then.