Mayfly of Space 2 Picture Drama announced

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Mayfly of Space 2 Picture Drama announced

To be included in the 0083 box set. Story seems to be about the first encounter of Cima and Gato in 0083, their short encounter after OYW and how she received the Gerbera Tetra

http://www.gundam.info/topic/13500

We get to see the Dom Fun in action and GP02 using a new? rifle. The Gerbera has a different head, perhaps the state how it was delivered.

http://i.imgur.com/K9vvWFn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PM8vAwv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RQQ9MpA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3J3HraU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IKSIPDM.jpg
toysdream

Re: Mayfly of Space 2 Picture Drama announced

Gerbera Tetra face looks like a Mika Akitaka drawing - I guess he's still considered to have creative ownership of that one. :-)

GP02 rifle looks vaguely familiar - I wonder if it's an existing weapon drawn from a weird angle?

Obviously I'm excited about the Funf, even if the feet look weird. I think the ones it had in Char's Deleted Affair were more convincing...

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:Gerbera Tetra face looks like a Mika Akitaka drawing - I guess he's still considered to have creative ownership of that one. :-)

GP02 rifle looks vaguely familiar - I wonder if it's an existing weapon drawn from a weird angle?

Obviously I'm excited about the Funf, even if the feet look weird. I think the ones it had in Char's Deleted Affair were more convincing...

-- Mark
Akitaka is listed as a guest mechanical designer for this, I wonder if we're getting full fledged lineart for the new Gerbera Tetra head and Funf

EDIT: Gato's rifle is the new one from Origin OVA used by Char
Deacon Blues

They're probably just animating the scene that was used in the 0083 Rebellion manga (which was a modified adaptation of the scene from the Mayfly of Space short). Not sure how I feel about that character animation though... 0_o

Edit: No wonder... same artist as the 0083 Rebellion manga. Guess this isn't a fully animated short. Drat!
Zeonista

I'm with Deacon Blues on this one, too bad it's not fully animated. But it is still classic UC Zeon drama so I am happy!
*Zeonista does Snoopy dance to amazement of nearby non-otaku.*
toysdream wrote: GP02 rifle looks vaguely familiar - I wonder if it's an existing weapon drawn from a weird angle?
It is not a standard 'Goog beam rifle or the Jaeger long beam rifle. I say it is a version of the 120mm rifle since the GP-02 would require modification to use Zeon energy weapons, and Gato would be interested in precision shooting since he has to place a nuke on target from range.
Yay, Funf action sighting! 8) I agree that the CDA version had better feet. this Funf's feet look like they are just the docking bases for the thruster units described as "legs".
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Dark Duel

Zeonista wrote:It is not a standard 'Goog beam rifle or the Jaeger long beam rifle. I say it is a version of the 120mm rifle since the GP-02 would require modification to use Zeon energy weapons, and Gato would be interested in precision shooting since he has to place a nuke on target from range.
As Balofo mentioned above, the rifle the GP02 is holding in that shot appears to be the same weapon briefly used by Char during the Battle of Loum in The Origin OVA - which was a shell-firing weapon.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

What the heck.... Delaz shaking hands with Haman and the Albion crew capturing Delaz and Gato..... Are those what if scenarios or something.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Deathzealot wrote:What the heck.... Delaz shaking hands with Haman and the Albion crew capturing Delaz and Gato..... Are those what if scenarios or something.
Most likely, given the first Mayfly in Space had a "what-if" end where Cima and her Marines didn't die, worked for the Titans for a short time, but then disappears without a trace when they quickly see their roles are pretty much no different than how they were treated by Zeon.

Delaz and Gato being captured by the Albion crew would be a much better "what-if" scenario for Cima given the plan was to use Delaz as a hostage to force his fleet to surrender to the Federation while the Federation foils Operation Stardust (being leaked to them by Cima through backroom deals) by using the Solar System II to destroy the colony. The Federation gets what they wanted in "protecting the Earth Sphere from Spacenoid aggression" and Cima gets her money. After all, Delaz committing suicide is the catalyst that lead to the Federation's plan completely falling apart by allowing Gato and the fleet to continue fighting, which lead to the Solar System II failing to destroy the colony and its control ship getting destroyed, and Cima getting killed by Kou.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Deacon Blues

Uh... are you referring to the Gihren's Greed or whatever scenario or the radio drama? The radio drama... did not have a what-if situation...
Android raptor

As a massive Cima fan, I gotta say this is pretty exciting. Definitely looks to be more interesting than Battlefield in the 3rd Dimension (the short from the 08th box set, which while cool and gave the Gouf flight type some love was pretty lacking in the department of doing anything interesting with the characters).
Let me show you my Pokemons!
Liking characters no one else does since 1989.
balofo

In this month's HJ this version of Gerbera is called Rollout and the GP02's rifle is confirmed to be the Origin's one

Don't know if there's lineart for them
Deacon Blues

Considering this is going to be a picture drama and not a short film, I wonder how close the tie-in will be to the Rebellion series. The art is nice, but his character designs are still a little off... :/
balofo

Lineart for Gerbera Tetra Rollout and a new Dra-c variation(different shoulders and Zaku II F2 arm manipulators holding a Zaku Machinegun). Dom Funf is called Rick Dom II Custom(Delaz Machine)

Designs done by Mika Akitaka

http://i.imgur.com/8sEqCJk.jpg
balofo

In Great Mechanics G Summer the Funf is called Prototype Rick Dom II

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPHRxW_UkAIet7i.jpg:orig
toysdream

Curiouser and curioser! Does that imply the Rick Dom is descended from the Dom Tropen? Or are we overthinking this?

Let me throw in another question. When Katoki designed the Dom Tropen, to what extent was he deliberately departing from the existing Dom designs, and to what extent was he just drawing a Dom the way he felt like drawing it? Consider this bust sketch from the Gundam Sentinel era, before Gundam 0080 came out...

http://ultimatemark.com/gundam/images/katoki_dom1.jpg

And then this illustration from the High Grade Gundam kit manual, released after Gundam 0080 but before Gundam 0083:

http://ultimatemark.com/gundam/images/katoki_dom2.jpg

The Doms in this illustration, which are meant to represent the standard Rick Dom (as seen during the Side 6 battle), are a mashup of standard Dom, Rick Dom II, and Dom Tropen elements. If this is the "standard Dom" as Katoki then imagined it, we can get a sense of what he deliberately changed to create the Dom Tropen.

-- Mark
Massignifico

What if the name means that this is the "rick" version of a never mentioned Prototype Dom II? I imagine that Delaz's machine is a space use variant that got developed in the Rick Dom II that we know and love while the standard Prototype Dom II were converted in tropical types for use in combat.

Other units would be used instead as bases for futher variants (Gross Beil and Bein Nichts + Barrage). This would explain why that Rick Dom II in Missing Link would use the giant sword.

Take this as a grain of salt of course.
AmuroNT1

The only time I ever remember seeing a "Dom II" is in Super Robot Wars Advance/A Portable, where it was just the Rick Dom II with a different name (and the Tri-Stars piloting).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

http://www.gundam0083.net/special/picturedrama.html

Official site available! Lineart(small...) for the new MS including full specs and explanation:

-Gerbera(Roll-Out): same specs. GP04 development was interrupted on basic frame, completed with zeonic appearance for the Cima Fleet transfer. Later the twin eye sensor is replaced by a monoeye after the transfer in Zeon.
-MS-21D1 Dra-C Custom: new overall height: 31.6m, dry weight:24.5t, max weight:49.9t. 6 additional 7000kg thrusters, total now 159500Kg. Armaments: Beam Saber, Shield, Zaku Machinegun. Simple variation developed by Delaz Fleet, instead of round shoulder pod it now has 3 thrusters from a space assault boat(MSV-R Gobble?). Has better acceleration but lower maneuverability than the standard type.
-YMS-09R-2 Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei: slightly different specs in overall height: 18.5m(same as Tropen), dry weight:45.3t, max weight:79.4t. Slightly less thruster power of 107500Kg(20500kg×5 2500kg×2). Same weapons, reactor and turn speed. Prototype of the Rick Dom II, lots of external similarities to the Dom Tropen. After many tests it was stored in A Baoa Qu's dock, Gato tried to board it but Delaz didn't let him

Very professional job of Bandai giving us this info without having to find BD booklet scans
Deacon Blues

Um... it says nothing in the blurb about Delaz stopping him.

It says he boarded it as the Delaz Fleet withdrew...