Red Ash: Magicicada

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
degwin_zabi

Red Ash: Magicicada

I think the anime and game both look promising, but they might need a lot of support to turn out great. There's something on https://motion-gallery.net/projects/Red ... EAINMATION that's collecting Yen for the anime and I think it might be open for other currencies on the 14th of August. Just have to wait and see.
degwin_zabi

Re: Red Ash: Magicicada

They're getting Western donations from here now. http://www.fun-and.studio4c.jp/index.ph ... red_ash_en
Raikoh

Inafune's way too addicted to crowdfunding when he's making an entirely new IP when he hasn't even finished Mighty No. 9.

I notice the character designs were altered, possibly due to fear Capcom would take legal action since the original ones were basically identical to Megaman Legends, which they still have the rights to.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
degwin_zabi

Raikoh wrote:Inafune's way too addicted to crowdfunding when he's making an entirely new IP when he hasn't even finished Mighty No. 9.

I notice the character designs were altered, possibly due to fear Capcom would take legal action since the original ones were basically identical to Megaman Legends, which they still have the rights to.
It does sound rather premature when you think about it.
SonicSP

Raikoh wrote:Inafune's way too addicted to crowdfunding when he's making an entirely new IP when he hasn't even finished Mighty No. 9.

I'm personally fine with it, my guess is Inafune worked this way back at Capcom where he was juggling quite a few projects at once. And he earned points with me when I see that he's trying to revive more than one aspect of Megaman, and not just the 2D classical side scroller aspect.

I can see where people are coming from though and he does have a lot to deliver, but I guess I still have my trust in him for now (even if Mighty No 9 is delayed). I guess what he's done over the years for Megaman over the years earned him a lot of goodwill from me that I usually won't givers easily to other people.

Also hoping they make a Rockman.EXE-ish series one day. Not before Mighty 9 and Red Ash are out for sure, just some day......I really want to see an updated version of how that game series will look like since IT technology has also expanded in some ways in the last ten years. Rockman.EXE probabaly means to me the most out of all Megaman games, gameplay wise and settings wise.
degwin_zabi

SonicSP wrote:

I'm personally fine with it, my guess is Inafune worked this way back at Capcom where he was juggling quite a few projects at once. And he earned points with me when I see that he's trying to revive more than one aspect of Megaman, and not just the 2D classical side scroller aspect.

I can see where people are coming from though and he does have a lot to deliver, but I guess I still have my trust in him for now (even if Mighty No 9 is delayed). I guess what he's done over the years for Megaman over the years earned him a lot of goodwill from me that I usually won't givers easily to other people.

Also hoping they make a Rockman.EXE-ish series one day. Not before Mighty 9 and Red Ash are out for sure, just some day......I really want to see an updated version of how that game series will look like since IT technology has also expanded in some ways in the last ten years. Rockman.EXE probabaly means to me the most out of all Megaman games, gameplay wise and settings wise.
That actually would be interesting in a Tron sort of way. Battle Network 3 was actually the first Mega Man game I played.
Mythgarr

With Mighty No.9 delayed and its graphic quality inferior than promised, I don't think Red Ash will be alive.
Visit The Dreams
degwin_zabi

Mythgarr wrote:With Mighty No.9 delayed and its graphic quality inferior than promised, I don't think Red Ash will be alive.
Well, they aren't coming out yet, so they may surprise people.