The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RyuseiDateSRX

The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk I

G-Tekketsu

http://www.gundam.info/topic/13421

http://g-tekketsu.com/

I'm calling it now. Turn A/X's creation and the original war where Earth's current civilization was set back because of the Moonlight Butterfly.

We might even get a proto Turn A. In fact, that silhouette in the teaser image could be the prototype suit for all the Turns. The suit that set the technology of the Turns. The first Turn. It can be called G-Turn. More fitting as a name, because of G-Self and all that, especially if it comes from the same line as G-Self, same manufacturers or related manufacturers, etc.

Also, that teaser image looks edgy, with the red and black and stuff. We have some DARK times coming. DARK HISTORY.

But yeah, we might get a time skip from G-Reco if the Turn suits creation and the war will be shown, since it happens quite a long time after G-Reco I guess, although we might still see Bellri and other characters' descendants or something, and even Loran's and other Turn A characters' ascendants.

That teaser suit has some weird cone shapes on the head and shoulders. Fitting for a Turn design. That middle cone might even be the head. And them wires attached to the suit. Edgy. A monster is being built. Man, I'm hyping myself up.

HYPE!
balofo

Re: Next possible Gundam anime teased

11 days, design looks very complicated for gunpla though
Deus257

Oh god, I hope this doesn't turn into another Situation like the Gundam Boom where they kept cranking out gundam shows like crazy until people got sick of them and when a decent series finally comes out people stopped giving a crap and that decent series ended up getting cancelled.
balofo

It's done by Studio 3, same from AGE and BF/Try.
Arbiter GUNDAM

A lot of people are saying that's the Knight Gundam. I can kind of see it.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Vent Noir

What does "Tekketsu" mean?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Dendrobium Stamen

Vent Noir wrote:What does "Tekketsu" mean?
According to this, either "exposure" or "gouging". The former would be apt given Deus257's concerns over Gundam over-exposure, the latter is simply a description of Bandai's Blu-Ray pricing policies :P

Either way, the preview website is giving me real Evangelion vibes for some reason... let's see what gets revealed in two weeks' time!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
ShadowCell

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:the latter is simply a description of Bandai's Blu-Ray pricing policies :P
ooh, so this show's Callow Teenage Boy Who Stumbles Into the Gundam's Cockpit is a kid driven to the brink of poverty by his anime hobby, and when Bandai tries to move to some sort of subscription-based cloud model, that's just the last straw...
Raikoh

The theory of "Tekketsu" I've seen is "Iron Blood".

Personally I'm hoping for just another new AU, since there hasn't been one of those since AGE and we haven't had one that was genuinely different in overall feel from UC since CC. I doubt it'd have anything to do with the Turns, since the Turn X was the first known one. Plus, since it's Studio 3 which have had two major flops, Sunrise may want to keep them away from touching such a critically acclaimed series.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
LightningCount

Raikoh wrote:The theory of "Tekketsu" I've seen is "Iron Blood".

Personally I'm hoping for just another new AU, since there hasn't been one of those since AGE and we haven't had one that was genuinely different in overall feel from UC since CC. I doubt it'd have anything to do with the Turns, since the Turn X was the first known one. Plus, since it's Studio 3 which have had two major flops, Sunrise may want to keep them away from touching such a critically acclaimed series.
I've seen that translation, as well. It was a Japanese term once used in One Piece, apparently, meaning "Blood and Iron."

Anyway, it really seems like these series are showing up faster and faster these days, but I'm not sure if that's true, considering how there was a yearly schedule back with G and Wing and X, etc.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
zetatype

Kinda early to announce a new Gundam series if its a TV series. With all the new Gundam stuff that has come out in the past year I hope we aren't heading towards a second "Gundam Fatigue".
Raikoh wrote: Plus, since it's Studio 3 which have had two major flops, Sunrise may want to keep them away from touching such a critically acclaimed series.
Eh, more likely because Sunrise isn't gonna invest in a prequel for a Gundam series that was never very popular.
Last edited by zetatype on Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
monster

Whatever it may be, I hope it's a ~50-episode series.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Raikoh wrote:Personally I'm hoping for just another new AU, since there hasn't been one of those since AGE...
Then what were Build Fighters and BFT?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
monster

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Then what were Build Fighters and BFT?
They are two shows about the joys of gunpla battles.
Brave Fencer Kirby

They're AD, which makes them a Gundam 00 prequel, obviously.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Henyo

a female main character! that's what i want to see.
and yeah, an AU gundam would be nice. how about two calendar systems? the new series starts at the end of the old one. kinda like Rurouni Kenshin's backstory. :D
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:
They're AD, which makes them a Gundam 00 prequel, obviously.
Unless there's some change I'm unaware of, AU stand for Alternate Universe. So the timeline's name doesn't matter, if tthe show is in different verse from another, it is AU. Ok, to make it a little simpler, we can narrow it abit and discard some like adaption and such.

So yes, BF verse is another AU.
My girlfriend was a loli.
YokozunaBulldozer

My current speculation on the translation for tekketsu is blood and iron, but I will wait it out.
By the way, am I the only one that is getting Mazinkaiser SKL and Gurren Lagann vibes from the silhouette?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Dark Duel

LightningCount wrote:I've seen that translation, as well. It was a Japanese term once used in One Piece, apparently, meaning "Blood and Iron."
Not just One Piece - which I've never read, by the way. I tripped across the word with Brigadier General Basque Grand, from Fullmetal Alchemist - Tekketsu no Renkinjutsushi, "The Iron Blood Alchemist".

So I'm leaning towards that translation for this thing as well, and quite looking forward to seeing what it's gonna look like.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
monster

Kuruni wrote:Unless there's some change I'm unaware of, AU stand for Alternate Universe. So the timeline's name doesn't matter, if tthe show is in different verse from another, it is AU. Ok, to make it a little simpler, we can narrow it abit and discard some like adaption and such.

So yes, BF verse is another AU.
I thought AU in Gundam refers to a non-UC Gundam universe. The world of Build Fighters is not a Gundam universe as it recognizes Gundam as being fictional. It's a gunpla universe, so it's an AU to the real world, not to UC.