The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
radioactive28

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The finger gun design is hilarious. Guy does a finger gun, the other side breaks down laughing and, bam.

Is there any context for the overall suit design?
nacho-wan

I kind of dig the overall design, I doubt the useness o the folding cannons but it looks really nice for a mass produced suit
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Geoxile

Cannons AND main thrusters mounted on the shoulders? Of all the dumb things sidestories have produced this may be the worst
BrentD15

Geoxile wrote:Cannons AND main thrusters mounted on the shoulders? Of all the dumb things sidestories have produced this may be the worst
Well, there's still the Nix Providence. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
domino

radioactive28 wrote:The finger gun design is hilarious. Guy does a finger gun, the other side breaks down laughing and, bam.

Is there any context for the overall suit design?
Why the griping? This is probably a special forces design (for ECOAS) and EFSF's answer to the Gouf (multiple finger-cannons and all)

The only silliness is the lack of a main thruster. Perhaps it was omitted because it's a mini-MS similar to the Loto? If so, then this is a more nimble, beam equipped companion to the Loto
Massignifico

The Cannongan isn't a mini MS, it's based on the Jegan and the specs claims it's 20m tall
JEFFPIATT

it's an successor to the Guncannon line of ms an support suit and the first new version since the GM Cannon II and the beam gun hands were also done on the zeong and psycho gundam lines. i am suprised it's not an RGC model code the RIX code is new i wonder if its related to the RGC-90 Jegan Heavy Armor from the CCA-msv http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca-msv/rgc-90.htm
balofo

Promo video for Last Sun, shows new unit: GF Tank. Plus the other MS in color

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNswWC-4cM8
Mimeblade

Got another question about the RX-0:

Sometimes I see it in "Unicorn Mode" with a green visor eye... but in some cases, the visor eye is missing altogether. Like in model kits and such.

Why is this?

For example, if you look at Unicorn in Gundam Breaker 2, the visor isn't even visible in Unicorn or Banshee... but in Dynasty Warriors the visor is obviously visible.

What's with the inconsistency?
Xenosynth

I think it's less that it disappears and more that it's less pronounced. The PG kit for instance, has it, but it's still really small, so smaller kits just omit it altogether.
Deacon Blues

The last boxed set is a disappointment. No lineart for the general revil. We do have lineart for the gigan.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:The last boxed set is a disappointment. No lineart for the general revil. We do have lineart for the gigan.
Funny, there's at least lineart for the GR's bottom view as seen here(it keeps the 3 unique beam cannons from the Doggos):

http://gundams.de/uc_lexikon/uc_mechas/ ... rseite.jpg

I believe this piece comes from one of the model mooks.

And it's time to accept we'll never get colored lineart for the Sleeved Bawoo and Gigan just like Setsuna's Flag and Dynames Repair :(
Deacon Blues

I meant bridge lineart.
Gelgoog Jager

Sorry if this has been asked earlier, but I was wondering exactly to what extent the Sleeves cooperated with Kirk's group in order to build the Shamblo?

IIRC, the Shamblo is said to be a design from the first Neo Zeon (Haman's), so my first guess is that the Psycho Frame that was developed afterwards is likely something that the Sleeves provided for it.

But other than that, how much was the first Neo Zeon or Kirk's group behind in the development of this MA before the Sleeves stepped and helped them finish it as the machine we see in U.C. 0096?

In a related note, considering the common theme of space-built amphibious MS having issues, is there any indication of whether the Zee Zulus were developed in space or if the Zeon remnants participated in their development?
balofo

Zee Zulus came from space, the remnants were afraid it had problems so they went for their old units, I believe there was at least one unused unit in their base. This is covered in the manga, not BD

In the novel Loni's father's company developed/funded the Shamblo with Sleeved support.

Since the anime retconned the whole Shamblo ordeal, I don't know if there's an explanation for its construction. Maybe there's something in its Prismatic Mobiles chapter.
Mimeblade

Has there been any evidence to link UC to Hathaway's Flash yet?
toysdream

Pro: Appearance of the Gustav Karl in the last episode.

Anti: They moved the Federation capital back to Dakar, rather than putting it in Adelaide as per the Hathaway novels.

-- Mark
BrentD15

toysdream wrote:Pro: Appearance of the Gustav Karl in the last episode.

Anti: They moved the Federation capital back to Dakar, rather than putting it in Adelaide as per the Hathaway novels.

-- Mark
I'm sure they'll move it to Adelaide after Zeon attacked Dakar a la Ep4. 8)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25