"Gicchon"? (Translation Help)

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AmuroNT1

"Gicchon"? (Translation Help)

So, I've been trying to translate the names of the Build Fighters Try OST, and as with the previous series, some of the songs' names are taken from famous lines of dialog from the Gundam franchise. One word that keeps coming up is "Gicchon/Gitton" (ぎっちょん), which seems to be something Ali al-Saachez says in 00...but I can't find what the zark it means in any of my Japanese-Engilsh resources. I don't suppose anyone out there can help out?

EDIT: I found a couple of Yahoo! Japan pages where someone asked the same question and got answers, but my Japanese skills aren't good enough to translate.

http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa ... 1013961010
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa ... 1315797873
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
teslashark

Re: "Gicchon"? (Translation Help)

According to my tourist/sub watcher's level of Japanese understanding, it is a shorthand of ところがぎっちょん, which is in turn a shortened version of ところがそうではなくて反対なのです - "the opposite is not true"?
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Strike Zero

I can't understand all of it, but the Pixiv dictionary happens to have an article on this very subject.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
AmuroNT1

So according to the Pixiv article, it should mean the same thing as "But hold on" or "Wait". In the absence of an expert translation, we'll go with that for now. Thanks for the help.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

teslashark

I read that too but can't really condense it. Thanks! Apparently, Saaches' VA was in Beast Wars when he came up with this shorthand.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
AmuroNT1

One of the other things I saw (if I understood it correctly) said that it was a word/phrase used in the Edo period as a kind of verbal "pause" during songs, and was meant to imitate the sound a grasshopper makes. The writer suggested that it was meant to imply Saachez is old-fashioned.

YokozunaBulldozer

teslashark wrote:I read that too but can't really condense it. Thanks! Apparently, Saaches' VA was in Beast Wars when he came up with this shorthand.
Fujiwara "Shinchan's dad" Keiji. :mrgreen:
He was Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist and in Beast Wars was DINOBOT. YES. THE DINOBOT.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER