Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

SonicSP wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Not really. Surviving death isn't the only qualification to be Jesus. Tusk lacks Kira's "I'm morally superior to all of you and can do no wrong" aspect.
Well, he is voiced by Setsuna afterall. :wink:
Seriously? :shock:
I will never hear "Exterminating the target" the same way again. :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
SonicSP

BrentD15 wrote:
SonicSP wrote:Well, he is voiced by Setsuna afterall. :wink:
Even after I found out, I had a hard time analyzing it because it sounded so different from what I'm used for the roles I know him from. This certainly wasn't used often in Gundam 00, I would say his Tusk voice was used just once in that series by my reckoning.

I mean I just finished a whole visual novel with him as the lead (and Embryo in support) and I'm surprised I missed it. I know this already for awhile but the versatility of voice actors never cease to amaze me.
Vent Noir

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Not really. Surviving death isn't the only qualification to be Jesus. Tusk lacks Kira's "I'm morally superior to all of you and can do no wrong" aspect.
...but it begs the question: does Kira's survival mean he's a ninja? :lol:
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Compass

SonicSP wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:
SonicSP wrote:Well, he is voiced by Setsuna afterall. :wink:
Even after I found out, I had a hard time analyzing it because it sounded so different from what I'm used for the roles I know him from. This certainly wasn't used often in Gundam 00, I would say his Tusk voice was used just once in that series by my reckoning.

I mean I just finished a whole visual novel with him as the lead (and Embryo in support) and I'm surprised I missed it. I know this already for awhile but the versatility of voice actors never cease to amaze me.
Hey, if you want your image of Setsuna ruined by his seiyu, you need to go no further than Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zct4GQ1DI
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
doghunter1

If we're shocked over who voices who, may I remind you people that Embryo was Duo Maxwell. Try imagining the former saying "aibo."
Zeonista

I don't understand why people were surprised by the "Hi!! We're not dead!" twist this episode. This series has had more awkward twists than a game of Twister. (And Ange even played a game of Twister too.) I had really given up on things a dozen episodes ago, and have been just enjoying the ride to this point.

Destiny_Gundam: Dunno if Sarah would have been in to getting put over her master's knee, but I bet Reccoa would have been 100% for it. ;)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
SonicSP

Zeonista wrote:I don't understand why people were surprised by the "Hi!! We're not dead!" twist this episode. This series has had more awkward twists than a game of Twister. (And Ange even played a game of Twister too.) I had really given up on things a dozen episodes ago, and have been just enjoying the ride to this point.

Destiny_Gundam: Dunno if Sarah would have been in to getting put over her master's knee, but I bet Reccoa would have been 100% for it. ;)
I actually liked most if not maybe all of the twists in the series up until this one, so I found this twist to be very different feel to the ones before. I'm not that surprised that they're not dead either, just that it happened by this specific episode and Tusk's wasn't explained other than the fact that he seemed had a plan during the previous episode (which may or may not be a fire-proof suit.....lol).
teslashark

doghunter1 wrote:If we're shocked over who voices who, may I remind you people that Embryo was Duo Maxwell. Try imagining the former saying "aibo."
That explains some of his pimping qualities.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Lord Dearche

Fun fact, actual Jesus didn't do that either. He preached, and the people followed him. He didn't go around preaching and then taking out the enemies who didn't agree or opposed him.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, there was that one time he went on a table flipping spree in the temple.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Iris Scope

Ange is a TOTAL PLAYA kissing Hilda and giving Tusk her panties as a good luck charm! :P I REALLY hope she didn't really mean that she would never see Sylvia again after informing her that she was not really paralyzed since I was kinda hoping if she repented, she would have a place in Ange's new world when all is said and done.
Lord Dearche

That was more like Ange's farewell gift to the girl who was once her sister. She probably has no intention of ever wanting to see her again. She clearly doesn't give a damn about the people either and they can call due for all she cares. They're all just useless puppets anyways.
teslashark

Lord Dearche wrote:That was more like Ange's farewell gift to the girl who was once her sister. She probably has no intention of ever wanting to see her again. She clearly doesn't give a damn about the people either and they can call due for all she cares. They're all just useless puppets anyways.
Puppets?
Dildos!
doghunter1

Is it true Fukuda's good with English, as seen with the apology letter in episode 7?
SonicSP

- Feel like the show is finally back on track after the ridiculousness of final scene of 21 and episode 22. If anything, nothing actually feels too out of place of I choose to ignore these (save Ershe coming back). It feels like just a strange unnecessary tangent.

- It's not its first appearance but I really love Salia's new plug suit design. The helmet especially is really nice, reminds me of Rockman.

- The Hilda-Ange scene was kinda touching and very surprising to be honest. I'm surprised Hilda used the "It's weird, we're both women" line considering that type of sexual relationships isn't alien to her in the least (a romantic relation like that also doesn't sound out of the ordinary given the situation the Normas live in) but I guess she was just nervous since she's confessing her feelings. Ange's actions really surprised me for that one. It's good to know that whatever happens, Hilda got this one moment to see her through.

- I was kinda hoping we get a scene of Erse uniting with the crew.

- It feels a bit weird to see Ange leading the charge. I think Hilda's actually better at it and fits the role more, despite what she herself says.

- I thought Ange's meeting with Sylvis was nice. She was a little bit nice but she's also being mean at the same time. I guess that's a nice way to end things between them. A final shot, and some actually good advice.
teslashark

Re: Cross Ange

I think in the next episode Embryo is going to just squat in the nearest corner and remain absolutely motionless for a while.
Compass

Remember when we thought this series was not going so well, around 4-6? Wow, it's so different @_@
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
teslashark

It hadn't changed much. Not really lovable, but full of blatant "Refuge In Audacity" (tropspeak) stunts.
Henyo

one more to go. and ze Yuri has risen to personally comfortable levels.(RosaCHri became real!)
i'll miss this show.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Iris Scope

I didn't catch up on one thing, what exactly did Embryo do when he injured Alektra? Was it a shooting or a stabbing? All matters aside, I really don't want her to die or if she does, at least have a decent reunion with a reformed Salia who if she doesn't know by now her Embryo-sama is a manipulator then she's looney.