The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

new thread, you know the drill
killmikekill wrote:It was nice to see Luin and Manny embrace each other at the end of the episode.
Wingnut

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk III

killmikekill wrote:It was nice to see Luin and Manny embrace each other at the end of the episode.
However, there seems to be a gray lining to that silver cloud. We never see Mask's face during this. It's all on Manny. While he praises her, he may not feel the same toward her like she does him. *shudder* I hate to make this comparison, but it might be like Char and Quess in the end.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amion

Wingnut wrote:
However, there seems to be a gray lining to that silver cloud. We never see Mask's face during this. It's all on Manny. While he praises her, he may not feel the same toward her like she does him. *shudder* I hate to make this comparison, but it might be like Char and Quess in the end.
Considering he only has shown her any real affection like this at the conveniently exact time she brings a Venusian mobile armor I would have to say this may very well be close tot he truth.

Then again, he really has his mind set on the Kuntala people rising up, so surely there's some form of love in him for Manny.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
killmikekill

Amion wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Considering he only has shown her any real affection like this at the conveniently exact time she brings a Venusian mobile armor I would have to say this may very well be close tot he truth.

Then again, he really has his mind set on the Kuntala people rising up, so surely there's some form of love in him for Manny.
Yeah I saw them embrace at the end and I first thought about the endings of the Zeta movies and F91; then I realized that his attention was first on the mobile suit, and second on Manny. I just think the optimist in me wants this to turn out well for them. Though I should be smarter and realize there are still like three episodes left and plenty of people can die.
Last edited by killmikekill on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunform1010

Yeah, I don't believe Mask is exactly loving Manny here.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
latenlazy

I think Luin might be earnest about Manny. There were moments where Luin almost went out of his way to communicate with her, and it didn't seem like he intentionally left her on the Megafauna. Of course, that doesn't mean he's not equally or more impressed with the massive haul she just brought him.
gunform1010

latenlazy wrote:I think Luin might be earnest about Manny. There were moments where Luin almost went out of his way to communicate with her, and it didn't seem like he intentionally left her on the Megafauna. Of course, that doesn't mean he's not equally or more impressed with the massive haul she just brought him.
But we also aren't shown any moment in between Manny's disappearance and return of a moment where Luin's like "Hey Manny, I wanted to talk to about- the hell did she go? Oh ZOINKS."

Wellman

Eh, I think this is one of those compressed story lines we will all regret not being given room to breathe.

I think he cares but I think Manny is in for heartbreak due to his desires to win or another outside party interfering. In any case, I am still waiting on a explanation of the mask, doubt I will get a good one but come on!
Deacon Blues

Did I miss something about the Island-3 colonies in the show or was that a new addition when they were coming back from Venus? 0_o;
Wingnut

Deacon Blues wrote:Did I miss something about the Island-3 colonies in the show or was that a new addition when they were coming back from Venus? 0_o;
No, those have been there near the asteroid colony since we first saw it.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
gunform1010

Wellman wrote:Eh, I think this is one of those compressed story lines we will all regret not being given room to breathe.

I think he cares but I think Manny is in for heartbreak due to his desires to win or another outside party interfering. In any case, I am still waiting on a explanation of the mask, doubt I will get a good one but come on!
Maybe 3-cours would have done this one justice.

latenlazy

As much as I love G-reco I have to acknowledge it's a huge tease. I can't say things aren't developed properly, but you're always left pining for more because what you get is so good but so brief.
Mythgarr

Wish we can have second season of G-Reco...I love the frantic pace of this series, and also the out-of-this world mobile weapon designs it has.
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Mythgarr wrote:Wish we can have second season of G-Reco...I love the frantic pace of this series, and also the out-of-this world mobile weapon designs it has.
Oh definitely the designs are a strong point of the series. Look so insane. :mrgreen:

balofo

Next ep, time to go for
Spoiler
Gusion and Barara
Lots of QUALITY this ep...
gunform1010

Spoiler
Newtype feelings return! Rockpie and poor Towasangan saps die. Aida kinda makes some heartbreaking speech but did the Towasangan guy lie about Aida and Bell being Rayhuntons? Bell is pwned by an aesop (kinda nice to snap him out of the temporary shake up). Also Luin outright said his name before giving his codename, which is totally unusual. Kuntala and Venus Globe are teaming up for Reconguista...
Apt: Who will survive?

Ziryab

gunform1010 wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:Wish we can have second season of G-Reco...I love the frantic pace of this series, and also the out-of-this world mobile weapon designs it has.
Oh definitely the designs are a strong point of the series. Look so insane. :mrgreen:
Damn right! They're almost as out-of-this-gundam-world as some of the designs in Turn A *pining sigh*

And the distinctive character designs, along with their clothing choices, are an immense plus for me.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Calubin_175

The death pattern will be quite similar to that of Zeta Gundam. It seems like Towasanga is out of the game and Dorette himself will be next to go.

Now it is mainly Megafauna/Crescent Ship x Ameria vs Capital Army x Full Moon Ship.

So both interplanetary ships provide Ameria and CA with new toys. We may see Manny be the replacement for Barara after she goes. I feel sorry for Barara as she has really become a weapon.

It will be Belliri vs Mask, Noredo vs Manny.

We still don't know what hidden agendas Klim has, but we're reverting back to Ameria=good, CA= Bad. Chances are Mask will be the one to kill Kerbes, and Raraiya gets killed by Manny.
BrentD15

I had no idea how huge Rosenthal was.
He just towers over Barara.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Wingnut

BrentD15 wrote:I had no idea how huge Rosenthal was.
He just towers over Barara.
Seriously. This guy gives Dozle Zabi a run for his money in terms of size. You'd think he'd need a larger custom cockpit too.
And yeah, a touch of classic Tomino going on here with Rockpie and secondary characters looking like they're gonna start croaking.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.