The Official Gundam The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

The only good thing from 0083 are the mecha design, the battles, the budget and the OST, rest is atrocious

Anyway, here's the reason they didn't do a full Origin series: it's much easier to make new molds for old OYW HGUCs.

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 0sbk8d.jpg
abaoaqu

balofo wrote:
laj12387 wrote:Anyway, OVA 2 is called Texas Colony
That would mean it would only cover Char's adolescence... and we ultimately won't see the whole thing adapted into animation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ5tVklk8VM
Сиг Зион!
Rawinder

Is the second episode expected to release this year, or this is going to be one-volume-per-year deal like Unicorn became?
zetatype

abaoaqu wrote:
balofo wrote:
laj12387 wrote:Anyway, OVA 2 is called Texas Colony
That would mean it would only cover Char's adolescence... and we ultimately won't see the whole thing adapted into animation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ5tVklk8VM

What do you mean by "the whole thing"?
gunform1010

zetatype wrote:
What do you mean by "the whole thing"?
I think he's referring to the entirety of Origin.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Deacon Blues

I just noticed that on the website, they have a map of the sides. It seems that Side 4 which was previously named "Mua" has been renamed "Moore". Wonder why the sudden change...
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

Will this get a non-collector's edition Blu-Ray release?
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Deacon Blues

Paid streaming has officially started for the first episode!
penguintruth

I just finished watching the first episode, having rented it for $6 on Daisuki.

Just a few thoughts, unorganized:
Spoiler
- I don't know who comes off more crazy, Zeon Deikun or Jimba Ral. Those two were extremely overwrought and paranoid. But to be fair to Jimba Ral, people actually WERE out to get him, and he WAS right about the Zabis. But you can tell Ramba was getting irritated by his father.

- Two very strong women characters in a kickass sense, Kycilia Zabi and Crowley Hamon. The lesson of this first chapter is do NOT mess with either of them. Also, we see Kcyclia's... uh... her Bunch Colonies, if you know what I mean. Then there's Casval and Artesia's mother, who's gone through a lot and has to make a sacrifice for her children's sake, and there's an immense strength in that, too.

- Little Casval is so young and yet so unbelievably badass, standing up to Kycilia, taking the controls of the Guntank. And Mayumi Tanaka (Kuririn in DB/Z, Luffy in One Piece) does a fantastic job and gives him this really tough, but sensitive sensibility.

- Little Artesia is the cutest thing imaginable. I love seeing her interact with Ramba Ral and her cat, Lucifer.

- I'm not sure how I feel about some of the more comedic bits of the feature, especially when some of them feel a little out of place during dramatic moments. I do kind of like Dozle's stitches popping and blood flying all over the people he's yelling at.

- Giren Zabi seems so BORED with everything. I guess he's waiting for that war to break out to have his fun.

- Deikun's real wife is one ugly, bitter old hag, and she sounds like a spurned Randian

- Seeing Ramba Ral, Crowley Hamon, Tachi, and Clamp at that bar was really neat. I want a spinoff of that set up!

- Damn it, Sunrise/Bandai ended up with my money, anyway. But just for a rental... and probably a rental for the English dub, too.
I may rent the English dubbed version at some point, but I had to watch the Japanese version first, of course. All in all, while I wished it covered more material (though I suppose it covered enough for now), I enjoyed it.
Visit my YouTube page for episodes of Otaku Evolution, my anime review show! (Watch with Adblock off!)
Deacon Blues

Looks like ep 2 comes out this Fall... Artesia's Sorrow is the title.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:Looks like ep 2 comes out this Fall... Artesia's Sorrow is the title.
So much hype...

Zzzzzzzzz....

CGI is horrid, thank God Orange is doin Akito instead of this
killmikekill

This makes me happy that the whole Zabi family dies in the end. Especially Degwin's wife, she was a real b.
Deacon Blues

Except we never see Degwin's wife Naliss Zabi because she dies during childbirth.

Interesing note... I'm surprised that Sunrise doesn't get sued over copyright infringement for lifting news articles for use in their shows... apparently Bloodstained Funeral Procession is synonymous with a crisis in Ukraine. Not to mention those opposing Rals being involved with the Seahawks! :lol:
killmikekill

Deacon Blues wrote:Except we never see Degwin's wife Naliss Zabi because she dies during childbirth.

Interesing note... I'm surprised that Sunrise doesn't get sued over copyright infringement for lifting news articles for use in their shows... apparently Bloodstained Funeral Procession is synonymous with a crisis in Ukraine. Not to mention those opposing Rals being involved with the Seahawks! :lol:
You're right. For some reason I was thinking that old hag Roselucia was Degwin's wife. That's why you don't watch subtitles when you're tired and studying for a test.
Deacon Blues

Some other things of note that the animated continuity seems to change.

MS ERA claims that Deikun died in October of 0068, but now the show seems to have this at some point in February as Jimba and the kids are in a container at the spaceport on February 27th...

Also, I'm wondering if their is a rank change for Dozle as he's called a "Major" in the subs... but then again he was apart of the Munzo forces, so perhaps being changed to the Zeon Forces it shifts from Army to Navy...
RLZIII

I thought this first episode was most definitely a good one. I like the animation style. Even though I didn't expect any of the slapstick anime humor, I don't think it was too out of place. It was done very well. The story is amazing to see animated; really awesome how this was done. The characters are perfect.

I am a little disappointed that it seems to be mostly confirmed that this four-part series will essentially just by the "prequel" part of Gundam The Origin, following Char and Sayla. I was hoping for the first episode to be the prequel episode, and the following three to more closely follow the Mobile Suit Gundam trilogy. However, it seems like a good setup and something worth watching for sure. Maybe we will have to wait a bit longer for an actual animated remake of Mobile Suit Gundam.

Cannot wait for the enviable Master Grade RX78-02 Gundam. Oh, wait...
gunform1010

I dunno what I was expecting. Was decent but was also nauseatingly intense.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
nickh46

Saw it last night. It was really good. Characterization was good, animation was great, and I do think that the CG was more of a positive then a distraction. Voice acting was spot on.

I too thought about the lack of Navy ranks as Deacon said. Ramba Ral is a Captain, and Donovan Matgloss and Tachi O'Hara are 2nd Lieutenants. Then I realized what might be the "80/20" key factor here: Munzo does not have a Navy yet! :lol:

Also saw little addons here and there, like Kycilia's helmet, or the crude flashbacks with Lucifer the Cat (I find him really creepy). The Zabi theme as Gihren and Degwin are talking was an excellent homage.Starting to see the tensions of Gihren and Kycilia here too.

I agree with Deacon said before about the ending song, very fitting. It's definitely portrays the sadness and sorrow of the fall of the Daikun family, and what's coming down the road.

One thing I did notice, they use the phrase "Seig Zeon" multiple times here. I was always under the impression that phrase wasn't announced till Garma's funeral.

It's too early to quantify the initial success right now, but I do think that Sunrise hit a home run. Looking forward to OVA2, which is this fall.
balofo

Going by the OVA 2 PV, the OVAs will end with the vol 12 adaptation(Lalah's introduction and Zeon Aces VS Proto Guncannons on the Moon).

If this ends in 2016 with OVAs 3 and 4 without delays, then we can get a new UC OVA in 2017

Unicorn sequel incoming
Destiny_Gundam

I wasn't initially going to watch it online but wait for the Blu Rays, as I did with Unicorn, but if it's going to be $100 for one episode I'll pass on that.

It was a pretty solid first episode. I felt the pacing was a little quick at times but it wasn't much of an issue. I do have some questions, though.

So they had Guntanks back then? I thought the Zaku I was the first ever mobile suit.

Who's this Roselucia woman? Apparently she's Zeon's old flame, but why the hell does she have the authority to order his wife around?

Why didn't Astraia go with her kids? They didn't say why she had to stay.

Why did Kycillia let them escape? She was the one telling Ghiren how dangerous Casval was.

Why is Hamon so perfect?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."