Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
doghunter1

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Raikoh wrote:
teslashark wrote:
doghunter1 wrote:Aside from the alpha DRAGON's name, anyone here getting another Dunbine reference in that Salia has become more or less Bern Burnings in his Black Knight shtick?

Also, can we consider Salia, Chris, and Ersha another Black Tri-Star-esque, much like the ones in Dunbine (to the point of a lampshade in Super Robot Taisen/Wars Alpha), Layzner with the Shikitai (Death Demon Squad), the three pilots from Kikou Senki (Metal Armor) Dragonar who wear black sent to assist Gon Jem (leader has an inhaler), and the DOM Trooper pilots from Destiny (whose leader is the eyepatch-wearing woman voiced by Michiko Neya, AKA Zola)?
Like I said, this is Fukuda's own REFERENCE binge party.
For one: three is an inherently elegant number in storytelling, it's not like three-person squads were invented by Gundam. For two: there are five Ragnamail Riders in the squad.

"Aura" isn't a Dunbine reference, it's just a mythological name. If it were based on Dunbine it would be "オーラ" instead of "アウラ". Salia is, if anyone, our Jerid with a magical girl nerd twist.

Kind of ironic that, Vivian aside, the people who were nicer to Ange initially are her enemies and the ones who hated her the most are her allies. Now that we're on the back-swing of the series let's see if it can keep up the momentum and stay fun. Maybe Sunrise is finally just letting Fukuda play to his strengths in making crazy Super Robot fun.
I was referring to three-man units Sunrise did.
teslashark

Fukuda said on his twitter that the COCK KEBAB scene is not intentional at all. Apparently, "I just think it's easier to roast the mushroom on top."
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Lord Dearche

I'm sure the 2 round meatballs at the base of the shaft that were magnatized between the stick somehow were also a coincidence.

Or the part where she bit and ripped into it and Tusk reacted accordingly was also a coincidence.
doghunter1

Any reason why Para-Mails weren't equipped with missiles? I mean, those could have been useful against DRAGONS/draconium-infected humans. If it's a matter of location, install them on the legs, ala the MS-06 Zaku II, and it also would make a good Dendoh reference (Full Armor Dendoh using Zaku II missiles on legs).
Lord Dearche

Relistically, Missiles cost more than any other weapon. They also weigh a lot more and Para-males are supposed to be lightweight and fast. Missiles would just slow them down and also more then likely interfere with the transformation mechanism.

And last but not least, they needed the dragons mostly intact to extract that thing inside of them. Missiles would just destroy most of them entirely.
doghunter1

Lord Dearche wrote:Relistically, Missiles cost more than any other weapon. They also weigh a lot more and Para-males are supposed to be lightweight and fast. Missiles would just slow them down and also more then likely interfere with the transformation mechanism.

And last but not least, they needed the dragons mostly intact to extract that thing inside of them. Missiles would just destroy most of them entirely.
IIRC, wasn't the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam equipped with missiles on its arms, and that it transforms, so why should that be a problem for Para-Mails?

Also, given the fact it was mostly male DRAGONS/draconium-infected humans being collected, why spare the females? Heck, wouldn't missiles not punch through a male anyways?

And another thing, if it's speed to be worried about, why not make the missiles small and only arm two on one leg?
Lord Dearche

Because those missiles were built into/part of it's original design. They were taken into account in the transformation. Also all current existing para-mails are literally just bootlegs based on the Vilkiss/the original 5 para-mails. None of which had missiles built in.

Explosives are explosives. If simple bullets could kill the male dragons just as easily then missiles would tear them to shreads just as easy. They simply have more mass.

If they're too small and so lightweight, then they're a waste because they wouldn't have any real power.
Compass

Poor Vivian had her wings and tail surgically removed, but now we know why she liked lollipops so much :shock:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Lord Dearche

So to sum up this episode

-Jill is the "C" I always took her for and is really just mad because she got used like a whore and thrown away. Glad they finally showed it so openly.

-Nanoha doesn't want Fate to go after the D.

-Vivian is back to both wearing her pilot suit and her machine. All is well with the world!

-.....Where the hell is the dog?
Iris Scope

Looks like the comment Ange made to Salia about her possibly sleeping with Embryo as the reason she's so dedicated to him is true since we see Salia naked in someone's bed in the preview. And Sylvia is STILL with the 12 Years a Slave whipping forte, hopefully not still with Ange just because of an accident that happened so long ago... I would've thought she'd be more mad at Riza for kidnapping her but it's been a while since we last saw her after that incident.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Lord Dearche wrote: -Jill is the "C" I always took her for and is really just mad because she got used like a whore and thrown away.

....I'm sorry? Maybe I am just being overly sensitive, but can you please class up the wording a little bit? Jill is not very likable, but I at least feel bad for someone who has lost their way to such an extent.

Anyway, this series continues to get more and more interesting! Tusk's plan B was great and i had to laugh at Vivian's sudden declaration of "Its Tusk's plan B!" Meaning that she knew of Tusk's plan even before Ange did!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Lord Dearche

It's hard to feel sorry for someone willing to murder an innocent person just to force another to do things her way for her personal revenge. Not to mention also sacrificing all of the dragons for the sake as well.

She clearly doesn't give a damn about anyone around her, or doing anything for some greater good. She simply wants revenge on Embryo, plain and simple. Regardless of who else dies. They show showed it itself that to her everyone is a tool and has no value as actual people. She's pretty much worse then the non Normas.
Iris Scope

Biggest low point for Jill's character to me was when she pushed Tusk aside after practically taking care of him for much of his life after his parents died. Like I said, if there isn't some redemption arc in wait for her in the future then they need to kill her off in the worst way.
Lord Dearche

She more than likely also only thought of him as a tool since the start. She hardly ever called him by name and just "the boy", and now Horny Brat. She also probably only made up the Knight of Vilkriss title in an attempt to make him think he was doing something noble.
Ryujin

Jill's flashback of Embryo seems to reinforce the 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' angle.

It would be interesting if what's implied in the latest preview is true so that Jill can go "You replaced me with SALIA?!?" somewhere down the line.
Calubin_175

The character that I sympathise with the most is Riza. I hope wheelchair dies. Embryo is another RAu Le Creset/Scirocco.
Lord Dearche

Didn't care for Zeta so wont comment on the martian, but in the case of Rau, even though he was insane Rau was pretty miuch right.

And this weeks episode made it pretty damn hard to see Embryo as a villian.
Iris Scope

Out of the trio of traitors, Ersha seemed to be the most out of usual character starting with attacking Vivian in the battle and then admitting that she would do whatever it took to keep the resurrected children safe, even if it meant killing Ange right to her face! I could care less about Salia or Chris but I REALLY hope Ersha repents on her new ways.
Erisie

Lord Dearche wrote:And this weeks episode made it pretty damn hard to see Embryo as a villian.
Is this a joke? Or b8? Embryo's M.O. is to do the creepy grooming crap on whatever pawn he has available (Salia, Ersha, Chris, Alektra, Sylvia, Julio, Ange). It's the same trick that cults, radical politics or even abusive spouses/parents pull on people: provide them with a sense of belonging so strong as to dissolve away the ego in order for your victims to do your bidding. Oftentimes, this involves going them attacking the values and even people they cherished before the brainwashing. The third part of this post exemplifies this pretty well.

And do remember than in the holo-meeting with Julio, he explained his ultimate goal is to do yet another reset on the world, most likely involving the destruction of the original Earth and its inhabitants (the D.R.A.G.O.N.s).
Calubin_175

Sylvia first cried to Angelise for help when Riza strangled and poisoned her, now she had her former aggressor subjugated and fears towards Ange once again.

Even if she gets a Rolo styled redemption in the end, I hope she dies.

Odd thing is, she refers to Embryo as uncle, which means she was in need of a father figure.