Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
doghunter1

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

BrentD15 wrote:
teslashark wrote:The REFERENCE is strong with this episode.
Dougram. Dragonar. Prince of Tennis. GPX. SEED. And... Reconguista Cola!
Again, this is Fukuda we're talking about; he doesn't have a single original bone in his body. :P
If you're referring to the Crab Gunner cameo, may I remind you Sunrise is no stranger to this. Here are some examples:

1. Rocky Andrew from Taiyou no Kiba (Fang of the Sun) Dougram as a mercenary signing up at the Assemble EX-10 base in Soukou Kitei (Armored Trooper) VOTOMS episode 14.

2. The titular Aura Battler of Seisenshi (Holy Warrior) Dunbine and the Ganga Lubu from Densetsu Kyojin (Legendary Giant God)/Space Runaway Ideon as toys in one episode of Juusenki (Heavy Metal) L-Gaim.

3. Chirico Cuvie and Fyana from VOTOMS in one episode of Aoki Ryuusei (Blue Comet) SPT Layzner.
PowerdGNFlag

Compass wrote:Also, did anyone notice anything weird about the Twister spots? :P
Bandai should be talking with Milton Bradley right now. Having that as an official licensed product will be wonderful.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Iris Scope

I was watching the competitions Ange and Sala were having with an "I can't believe what I am watching" feeling on me because it just seemed like the writers were scraping the bottom of the barrel for a few laughs although I did enjoy the swimsuit Twister.

Also, I was somewhat expecting Vivian's mom to die from being stuck under the wreckage to add some dramatic effect but looks like the bodycount isn't starting until the final episodes.
Lord Dearche

Assuming it's even starting. Only a few named characters have actually died, and most were either unimportant, or were obviously going to die from the start like that one that originally owned the sex room.

And we've seen others die, just to get brought back to life a minute later.
Compass

Embryo still not sure if villain yet. I mean, he saved Chris and a few others using his magic touch <_<
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
BrentD15

Compass wrote:Embryo still not sure if villain yet. I mean, he saved Chris and a few others using his magic touch <_<
It's all part of his diabolical plan....I think. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Lord Dearche

Embryo needed to keep the mail riders alive in order to use them later on to fight the dragons. That's why the hitlers squads orders were to capture them and murder everyone else.

ALso look at his voice actor. Clearly evil.
Iris Scope

Indeed due to Embryo keeping the riders alive, I can imagine some more conflict brewing between Ange and Hilda's lackeys, especially Chris who owes her existence to Embryo. Also expecting to see some unexpected divide in Vivian and Ersha's mom/daughter relationship since Embryo got in Ersha's good graces by reviving the dead child.
Lord Dearche

Not just that, but don't forget. From THEIR point of view, Hilda and all the others were saved when Rau and his para-mail, the Grimace killed that one douche royal.
teslashark

doghunter1 wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:
teslashark wrote:The REFERENCE is strong with this episode.
Dougram. Dragonar. Prince of Tennis. GPX. SEED. And... Reconguista Cola!
Again, this is Fukuda we're talking about; he doesn't have a single original bone in his body. :P
If you're referring to the Crab Gunner cameo, may I remind you Sunrise is no stranger to this. Here are some examples:

1. Rocky Andrew from Taiyou no Kiba (Fang of the Sun) Dougram as a mercenary signing up at the Assemble EX-10 base in Soukou Kitei (Armored Trooper) VOTOMS episode 14.

2. The titular Aura Battler of Seisenshi (Holy Warrior) Dunbine and the Ganga Lubu from Densetsu Kyojin (Legendary Giant God)/Space Runaway Ideon as toys in one episode of Juusenki (Heavy Metal) L-Gaim.

3. Chirico Cuvie and Fyana from VOTOMS in one episode of Aoki Ryuusei (Blue Comet) SPT Layzner.
I saw the first and the last one myself. The blue thing at the lower left corner should be the Falguen/Falcon from Metal Armor Dragonar. I won't be surprised if Aura/Ora is a reference to Dunbine too!
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Lord Dearche

It's not a sunrise thing. Anime's have cameos, homages, and parodies of other entirely unrelated and semi related animes all the time. And a few references here and there aren't that big. Hell Gurren Lagann had references to Spong Bob and Kill la Kill to other western stuff.

They've been in this series since literally the start as well.

http://i.imgur.com/ZKMXwYC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zaV3kc6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GdEqga3.jpg

I doubt Aura means anything specific. It's just a name that's used all the time. Especially for higher beings.
Iris Scope

I do wonder if Jill is prepared for all the grateful reactions the girls will surely have of Embryo since last I checked, Jill and Embryo were somewhat enemies and he did revive Chris and the little girl which would cloud Hilda, Rosalie, and Ersha's judgment.
Iris Scope

Anyone feel that Ange and Tusk falling into each other's private parts is getting a little too repetitive for it's own good? I mean, it was funny the first couple of times but now I can't help that it's getting in the way of taking their relationship to a higher level all for the sake of getting the same kind of laughs it used to get, being a running gag and all.
teslashark

It's not done when it's overdone.

http://folderman.mobi/s/fm15628.jpg
COCK KEBAB.
BrentD15

teslashark wrote:It's not done when it's overdone.

http://folderman.mobi/s/fm15628.jpg
COCK KEBAB.
Even Ange is going "Seriously? Are we really doing this? I'll be in my trailer...".
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Compass

This series has become super-enjoyable. And now we know why Embryo helped them out.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
doghunter1

Aside from the alpha DRAGON's name, anyone here getting another Dunbine reference in that Salia has become more or less Bern Burnings in his Black Knight shtick?

Also, can we consider Salia, Chris, and Ersha another Black Tri-Star-esque, much like the ones in Dunbine (to the point of a lampshade in Super Robot Taisen/Wars Alpha), Layzner with the Shikitai (Death Demon Squad), the three pilots from Kikou Senki (Metal Armor) Dragonar who wear black sent to assist Gon Jem (leader has an inhaler), and the DOM Trooper pilots from Destiny (whose leader is the eyepatch-wearing woman voiced by Michiko Neya, AKA Zola)?
teslashark

doghunter1 wrote:Aside from the alpha DRAGON's name, anyone here getting another Dunbine reference in that Salia has become more or less Bern Burnings in his Black Knight shtick?

Also, can we consider Salia, Chris, and Ersha another Black Tri-Star-esque, much like the ones in Dunbine (to the point of a lampshade in Super Robot Taisen/Wars Alpha), Layzner with the Shikitai (Death Demon Squad), the three pilots from Kikou Senki (Metal Armor) Dragonar who wear black sent to assist Gon Jem (leader has an inhaler), and the DOM Trooper pilots from Destiny (whose leader is the eyepatch-wearing woman voiced by Michiko Neya, AKA Zola)?
Like I said, this is Fukuda's own REFERENCE binge party.
Lord Dearche

Finally watched.

Called it. Those two saved by Embryo and saw him saving the kid became his dolls, and What's her name of course because she was always a jealous *****.

Though it was obvious they'd betray Ange and Tusk since they've been in the new opening for weeks now, and those are their personal colors.
Raikoh

teslashark wrote:
doghunter1 wrote:Aside from the alpha DRAGON's name, anyone here getting another Dunbine reference in that Salia has become more or less Bern Burnings in his Black Knight shtick?

Like I said, this is Fukuda's own REFERENCE binge party.
For one: three is an inherently elegant number in storytelling, it's not like three-person squads were invented by Gundam. For two: there are five Ragnamail Riders in the squad.

"Aura" isn't a Dunbine reference, it's just a mythological name. If it were based on Dunbine it would be "オーラ" instead of "アウラ". Salia is, if anyone, our Jerid with a magical girl nerd twist.

Kind of ironic that, Vivian aside, the people who were nicer to Ange initially are her enemies and the ones who hated her the most are her allies. Now that we're on the back-swing of the series let's see if it can keep up the momentum and stay fun. Maybe Sunrise is finally just letting Fukuda play to his strengths in making crazy Super Robot fun.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE