Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
teslashark

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Lord Dearche wrote:It's essentially Macross Triangle Frontier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycincc3wLos
I'd buy it if it goes that way. W(that's right)TF's New UN route final battle is satisfying as hell: Your OC leads his or her classmates into the fight, backed up by three ace pilots, all player characters from the previous games. The mookmobile VF-171 no longer sucks.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
teslashark

Lord Dearche wrote:It's hard to say if it's a coincidence or not because Ange is flat out right there in the game with her so it takes plce during the show and it's probably not the same girl since that one is dead.
The magazine says Naomi is "hospitalized and under debt" at the beginning of the game, so she could be the same person with one less flatliner. Also, she might be the pink-haired faceless figure in the opening.
Henyo

BrentD15 wrote:
Henyo wrote:episode 14 is also off model like episode 12. the staff must still be under the Natstukashi effect. :twisted:
Care to explain?
took out the animerica with the Natsukashi article. according to said article, japan always reminisces the previous year at the start of the current one. i don't know about you guys, but i can spend quite some time reminiscing about the good old days. i think that's why episode 14 is off model. or as Lord Dearche said, different artist for the episode.

on the Vita game: Panzer dragoon Orta!
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Mythgarr

I just watched this series up to episode 5, and really, this series has some good points, but the over the top fan services are ruining it.
Visit The Dreams
Lord Dearche

It pretty much stays that way throughout since it's the main selling point. If you can't handle it now you might as well abandon ship.

Overall the start of the series was kinda bad and didn't realy go anywhere fast. But the most recent episodes have been a LOT better. Both for character development and plot. Also PLOT.

Though IMO, needs more Maid.
BrentD15

Lord Dearche wrote:It pretty much stays that way throughout since it's the main selling point. If you can't handle it now you might as well abandon ship.

Overall the start of the series was kinda bad and didn't realy go anywhere fast. But the most recent episodes have been a LOT better. Both for character development and plot. Also PLOT.

Though IMO, needs more Maid.
I think it needs more cute D.R.A.G.O.N.'s. :3
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Compass

Wow, Tusk. Just... wow.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Ryujin

Compass wrote:Wow, Tusk. Just... wow.
That whole bit with Tusk as an expendable hostage was hilarious.
Lord Dearche

Tusk. He's not the hero we need him to be.

He's the Hero we WANT to BE.

Also they reversed the face crotch gag, this time Ange's face ended up in his. Glad Vivian is back to normal, but she's not the same old Vivian anymore.
BrentD15

Spoiler
Fukuda's twitter: https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/556497805687005184
"15 episodes listen end. When the dive in Anjou like to the task, and was not bite the tongue also, even was allowed to gargle, root of all evil, is my work(;. ^ _ ^ A Mizuki-san, I was good also play of gargle"

"root of all evil, is my work"
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Lord Dearche

I can't into google translate good.
BrentD15

Lord Dearche wrote:I can't into google translate good.
Google Translate never does a good job. :P
Raikoh

The gist of the post, I think, is that when Ange fell on Tusk he... How to put this in a less crass manner... He sort of gave her more reason to rinse her mouth than you'd think. Well he was being toyed with pretty ferociously for who knows how long.

Ange's the kind of main character we need more often. Say what you might about the show, because Fukuda and the rest are mostly just having fun with it, but Ange has had some solid character development over the course of these episodes. Pampered princess to Norma in denial to Queen Bitch Loner to Queen Bitch Teammate to revolutionary nihilist to whatever her time in the Dragon world will turn her into (pampered snarky revolutionary nihilist UNDERSTANDING tsundere?) and we still have about 10 episodes to go.

Now we actually have a goal to work towards rather than the vague concept of "fix the world" so there's something worthwhile. I wonder if they'll extend the broadcast by an episode since they mentioned not planning on ep. 14 amounting to what was essentially RomCom filler?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
BrentD15

I'm not so sure about what Embryo's goal is, but from what I hear from /m/, he wants to "kill all the male D.R.A.G.O.N.s so that he can have all the female D.R.A.G.O.N.s to himself". :mrgreen: :lol:
Compass

Also, poor Vivian as a child dragon. Still doesn't explain how or why she was saved by Arzenal though. Seriously though, Tusk is the romcom hero we deserve. And for some reason, Ange is still tsundere.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Lord Dearche

Either A: She turned back into a human form after she fell from the sky, and was arrested and sent to island/just found by them.

or B: The doctor there is also one of them which is why they had the drugs to change her back to human form.
Iris Scope

Vivian being reunited with her mother was a nice scene though i'm not crazy about her real name. Also, her noting that her mother smelled like Ersha was a nice touch on the mother/daughter chemistry Vivian and Ersha shared all those episodes prior.

Seems like they're not in any hurry to return to the other Earth even with a supposed Vilkiss battle teased in the preview. My main concern is how Ange will be able to convince Jill to pull out of Libertus before the casualties get too much to bear. But given how driven to the point of obsession Jill is in carrying out the plan, that will be a pointless conversation.
teslashark

Raikoh wrote:The gist of the post, I think, is that when Ange fell on Tusk he... How to put this in a less crass manner... He sort of gave her more reason to rinse her mouth than you'd think. Well he was being toyed with pretty ferociously for who knows how long.
I'd say his hard-on is enough to crack her teeth.

We have a theory over here: Embryo and Aura(?) is the same person. He wants an all-out war in the two worlds so he can rule them both or nuke them both then create a new human/dragon race from scratch.
BrentD15

Now remember:
They aren't "dragons", they're D.R.A.G.O.N.'s.
Henyo

Not delved into at all is how those humans are still able to breed given the size differentials in dragon forms
from ANN's review of episode 15.

i am so not going think about that. doujin artists are gonna have fun with that idea.
speaking of doujins, Arina Tanemura(author of Full Moon wo Sagashite.) published a cross ange doujin. i wanna see that! it's Age X Tusk going by the sample images i saw.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!