The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: NEW Macross TV series!!!

So any new reports?

I will laugh so hard if they decide to pair up the protagonist with 48 utahimes.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
SonicSP

Henyo wrote:
SonicSP wrote: Still, I think it would still be here. It's too convenient of a plot device to get rid of completely. For me as long as it doesn't go too far it is fine.
unless of course there is no enemy to use it on. what say you guys to another personal story line like M Plus?
Depends on how it's done. However I think personal stories work best on OVAs in a mech series like Macross, which Plus was one. Personally, while I'm open to exceptions done right I prefer if there was a war going on. I assumed from the title and opening form that it's a confirmed TV series.

I've yet to watch the Frontier movies but......
Spoiler
I really wish they'd actually solve the triangle this time. That's two TV series in a row now.
Wingnut

SonicSP wrote:I've yet to watch the Frontier movies but......
Spoiler
I really wish they'd actually solve the triangle this time. That's two TV series in a row now.
Spoiler
It gets solved.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
MrMarch

The "magic music" is a touchy subject with fans, especially at this stage in such a long-lived franchise as Macross. Originally, there was little "magic" for the in-universe music of Macross; SDF Macross mostly played upon culture shock as the primary effect. As the sequels went on, the "myth" of Macross took over more and more, causing a pseudo-spiritualism to be attributed to the music (often the direct result of Kawamori's own personal spiritualism coming to the forefront of his creative work). This wasn't all that terrible on it's own and even had some virtue as a storytelling device. The magic music of course hit an absurd peak with Macross 7, yet the trend has persisted beyond that mid-90's sequel. It appears Macross and magic music are now inseparable and some (even Kawamori himself) have reinterpreted even the original Macross with this sprirtual bent. So I don't think it'll be going away any time soon.

For me I think the more important idea is not IF magic music is used, but rather HOW it is used in a new not seen before so that it feels fresh.

As for another side story-like series such as Macross Plus, that certainly would be a welcome change for the franchsie. However, I don't want another Plus-style story. What made SDF Macross, DYRL?, Flashback 2012 and Macross Plus all such great Macross stories is how each sequel dived far off established Macross into territory completely different from the last production in both technology and technique. Macross Plus wasn't even meant to be Macross at all but an original IP. Financing the project became dependent upon it being adapted for the Macross franchise, where it became an unexpectedly perfect marriage of story to setting. Plus didn't even have a war story at all; it took place in peace time. That kind of "out-of-left-field" concept is what I'd kill to see in the next Macross production because that's what made the first decade of Macross so great to begin with. A quasi-political thriller set in the Macross universe (think Captain America: The WInter Soldier) or a deep space alien horror story in the Macross universe (think Alien/Predator meets Macross). The creative possibilities for either of these two concepts could manifest using elements of the existing Macross universe to drive them (factions changing sides due to cultural liberation, the Zentradi/Protoculture, new alien menace, etc). Each would be amazing.

Pity nothing like that is ever going to happen. The next Macross is going to be another grand epic war story, for good or ill.
YokozunaBulldozer

New Macross show is tentatively titled Macross Δ(Delta).

New Diva Audition application starts December 1st.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Macross Delta new TV series

Was kinda hoping they might go back to rock but they struck gold before so hopefully they'll do so again. :)

But yeah, PROGRESS!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
MrMarch

Set in 2067? Seems like such a short 8 years from Frontier circa 2059. You are strange, Macross :)
Henyo

Delta...VERY SUBTLE Macross. very SUBTLE. incoming TRIANGLE!

the smaller time skips means that we're most likely to see the grown up love triangle from MF.(please don't get too talented Ranka. )
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Arbiter GUNDAM

The auditions run until the end of january so I expect there will be much debating when it's all over and we find who the lucky girl is.

--Freyja Wion
MrMarch

I wonder if the music will be a significant departure from the last Macross Frontier series. I must admit I am curious where they can go.
Henyo

has macross used Orchestral music before? i'd like to hear something similar to Guilty Gear 2 ouverture's OST. maybe they should try to get a hold of Ishiwatari-Badguy? 8)
Compass

They use plenty of non-vocal music for their series. It might not be a diva singing, but it's definitely used for action scenes.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
MrMarch

There's been orchestral music in every Macross series. SDF Macross/DYRL, Macross Plus and Macross Frontier arguably featured the best of the orchestral music featured in Macross to date. To get an idea of what there is, I can recommend:

Macross Do You Remember Love?
500,000 Years of Battle (by Haneda Kentarou)

Macross Plus
Fly Up To The Air/Tension (by Yoko Kanno/Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra)

Macross Frontier
Frontier 2059 (by Yoko Kanno)
Arbiter GUNDAM

Oh SNAP!
【情】「Macross Δ」、設計圖 2015年夏 公開???
ロマン・トマ(Basquash! 原作,現在Satelight工作,參與Macross新作製作)
1月19日在twitter上非正式的回答了幾個問題
在無盡的等待中
終於有點光明了。。。

等等,監督。。。
按照這進度
真的是2016年4月番???
(`д´)ノ ┻━┻

Q:Might be a little early but when will we might see a production sketch: character or mechanical?
A:Maybe this summer?

--Freyja Wion
Lord Dearche

Can't wait for the next season. Overall I liked Frontier, even though I hated how the movies didn't kill the sniper who can't snipe.

Though I personally would have loved an anime adaptation of Macross 30.
MrMarch

Ah, looking forward to it. For sure. Really curious about the mecha aesthetics for this one.
Henyo

i remembered something that i wanted to see in mecha animes again!

colorful titles.

only the original had it: Super Dimension Fortress Macross. i also like the original Japanese, Choujikuu Yousai. very powerful words if you ask me.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Lord Dearche wrote:Can't wait for the next season. Overall I liked Frontier, even though I hated how the movies didn't kill the sniper who can't snipe.
What do you mean can't snipe?

--Freyja Wion
SonicSP

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Lord Dearche wrote:Can't wait for the next season. Overall I liked Frontier, even though I hated how the movies didn't kill the sniper who can't snipe.
What do you mean can't snipe?
Maybe referring to the friendly fire perhaps? Though I wouldn't call it a character trait.
Henyo

on the subject of the Sniper, it makes me wonder what ending will they use for frontier. if its the movie, i'll accuse Micheal of popularity power! :twisted: