The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Xenosynth wrote:It's not amazing but some people acting like it's godawful, I literally cannot understand that viewpoint (Though to be fair everyone on here who dislikes it has been reasonable, most of the more extreme reactions that I don't get comes from offsite.)
Some people like to exaggerate the negatives.
I don't know why, and I guess the people who do that don't care.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
kayone73

Lord Dearche wrote:AND THE PLOT THICKENS.
http://i.imgur.com/8FBCfcb.jpg
Looks like something based on a Victory kit OR the Sandrock?
Lord Dearche

It's definitely Legend Gundam or general C.E. based like most of Sei's works. The Burning itself even looks more CE then anything from G. Reminds of that one Astray suit or whatever the that suit that was called the Southeast Asia gundam for the longest time.

Edit:

I
REGRET
NOTHING
http://ggame.jp/breaker2_ms.php?ms=79261
Arbiter GUNDAM

But of course! Remember how Sei had all the bad guy Gundams from SEED and Destiny lined up in his room? He's clearly fond of CE mechanics. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
gunform1010

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:But of course! Remember how Sei had all the bad guy Gundams from SEED and Destiny lined up in his room? He's clearly fond of CE mechanics. :)
Fight me, Sei. :P

Can't wait until he makes his entrance.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
YokozunaBulldozer

Lord Dearche wrote:It's definitely Legend Gundam or general C.E. based like most of Sei's works. The Burning itself even looks more CE then anything from G. Reminds of that one Astray suit or whatever the that suit that was called the Southeast Asia gundam for the longest time.

Edit:

I
REGRET
NOTHING
http://ggame.jp/breaker2_ms.php?ms=79261
The color scheme sure does give it that vibe.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
AmuroNT1

Lord Dearche wrote:Reminds of that one Astray suit or whatever the that suit that was called the Southeast Asia gundam for the longest time.
That'd be the Raigo Gundam.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mythgarr

What if Sekai's master is indeed SEI IORI?
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Mythgarr wrote:What if Sekai's master is indeed SEI IORI?
No way. Sei is too passionate about Gunpla to not have mentioned it to Sekai at once. I discount the Reiji thing too b/c he grew to love Gunpla Battle and would also probably mention it.

Besides, last time I checked, the shadowed figure of OP1 had longer hair.

If the Gunpla Academy's roster is full, what school exactly is Junya fighting for? And is Junya really so repulsive that Akira just quit solely b/c of the former?

AmuroNT1

I don't think Sekai's master will end up being an established character. We know that Sekai's been practicing Jigen Haoh since he was a child, and the majority of the original show's cast are only in their early 20s now, so they would have been young teens teaching a preteen Sekai. Plus, none of them were shown knowing any formalized kinds of martial arts except maybe Chinan, who's been confirmed dead already (and we know Sekai's master is still around because of that letter he wrote at the start of one episode).

...And please don't even bother suggesting the idea that Reiji is Sekai's master thanks to time differences between Earth and Arlian. That would just be stupid.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

So guys how do you think the tournament will flow? Obviously it will end with Team Try VS Gunpla Academy, but who will they dispatch during the journey to the finals?
-Try: will definetely fight Minato's team and Junya if he's in
-Academy: will have a tough fight in the semis at least.

So that leaves: SD triplets, MA guy, Zaku losers and Lucas(which seems to be this season's Julian)

My bet: Acamedy will fight either the triplets or Lucas in the semis. Try will fight Minato in the quarters, and will take out Zaku losers and MA along the way. Try will fight either the Junya or Lucas in the semis.
gunform1010

balofo wrote:So guys how do you think the tournament will flow? Obviously it will end with Team Try VS Gunpla Academy, but who will they dispatch during the journey to the finals?
-Try: will definetely fight Minato's team and Junya if he's in
-Academy: will have a tough fight in the semis at least.

So that leaves: SD triplets, MA guy, Zaku losers and Lucas(which seems to be this season's Julian)

My bet: Gunpla will fight either the triplets of Lucas in the semis. Try will fight Minato in the quarters, and will take out Zaku losers and MA along the way. Try will fight either the triplets of Lucas in the semis.
In rough order: White Wolf, Karima's team, the Guy/Shota-Renato Triplets (no seriously they sound like Guy from Chaika), Build Busters, Lucas's team, and finally the Gunpla Academy itself.

balofo

Ok, my final bet list:

Try will beat in order: Zaku losers, Minato, Junya(with Sekai's master teaching the ultimate Jigen Haoh special move before the fight) and finally Academy at the finals

Academy will beat SD triplets(who beat Sugita the round before), Lucas and lose to Try at the finals
gunform1010

Who wants to bet on Sei's and China's return to the show?

I'd say episode 17 or 18ish, if not sooner. I mean Pops Iori appeared the 16th episode of the first season...

Lord Dearche

I don't think it's going to be as simple as Try and Acadamy take out everyone else in waves. It's a tournament, they'll obviously be other battles that have nothing to do with them. Just like in season one.They've already semi established that there's going to be a battle between Sugita and the Shota triple threats. In a twist I wouldn't be surprised if Sugita beats them. Nemesis will more than likely take out one of the fodder teams, either the triplets, Sugita, or uknowns.

More importantly, we don't know if the current known cast are ALL of the contestants. It's being played out as a large scale tournament and the current team list is way too small for anything grand. In S1 there were a lot of battles with characters that were bare introduced or not even introduced at all.

If Sei does pop back up I doubt or rather I hope it'll not be any sort of important or major event. Just like Takeshi who showed up and...that was it, He showed up. And after he showed up, he spends 90% of his screen time that season crying that his milf wife was gone because he was too stupid to realize she'd probably be cheering for their son. >.>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtA0mnd-p4U#t=271
balofo

At most they have 1 skilled team not revealed yet, but I doubt it.

Sei, Sekai's Master and China are guaranteed to appear in person.
Lord Dearche

China definitely, Sei maybe. Sekais master I'm not expecting much. As it is he's almosta a McGuffin so far. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't actually even exist. (From the series production stand point). Similar to Sekai and Mira's parents who have not once ever been seen, heard of, or mentioned to even exist in the first place in any way shape or form by anyone. Where as we already know about say Hoshino and Yuuma's families.
Dark Duel

balofo wrote:Junya(with Sekai's master teaching the ultimate Jigen Haoh special move before the fight)
Be interesting, but not guaranteed. Remember, Sekai now has an evidently pretty powerful attack in his move set that is NOT a Jigen Haoh technique. (Which to me almost looked like a cross between Shining Finger Sword and Cybuster's Akashic Buster, at least visually).
I would not be all that surprised, especially given that Try Burning is even more specifically designed for the kind pf Plavsky Particle manipulation that Build Burning was already capable of (an application of the RG System, as I'm sure we all suspected), that THAT move is what finishes Junya off.

Y'know, it's interesting. There are certain elements of Try Burning's design that I do like, but others that I think were better-looking on Build Burning. Since I already have the latter, when Try Burning comes out I'm thinking of getting it too, and combining my favorite elements of each into a single unit. But that's another discussion.
OTOH, not liking Lightning FV much. But I'll wait until I see it in action.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."