Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
excalibur2008

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Shinji103 wrote:If he was evil, of course.
I would think the whole "I'm willing to forgive you abusive older brother, not! [proceeds to murder]" thing kind of implys that yeah he might be evil.
Yeah, becuase kidnapping her was such a heroic thing to do.
And how else was this supposed to happen? I don't see her coming to meet him at his request, and I don't see him expecting her to.
[/quote]

Which implys she's not interested. So not exactly worth brownie points.
he has no idea Skye hates him.
Funny becuase she make pretty freaking clear, hence why he comes off as a stalker
Which doesn't mean SHE doesn't consider him an enemy.
Wow. Missed my point entirely. Or did you intentionally go in a circle around it in an effort to avoid my point? :roll: That point being that Ward not being her enemy was clear for her to see, even long before this episode. She just chose not to care.
he kidnapped her twice tried to kill her friends, lied to her and her friends' faces while working for their enemies for months, betrayed them all and helped destroy the organization they worked for while also getting them listed as fugitives that are on the run and leaving HYDRA in a position to take over the world with very few people capable of stopping them. So why exactly wouldn't she consider him an enemy.

What becuase he "loves" her despite not giving a crap about what she thinks or wants and gives them what little scrapes of information he has which goes nowhere near fixing the damage he's wrought or even giving the slightest hint he is interested in doing that and seems only interested in getting is Skye's good graces.
Besides Whitehall even pointed out how dangerous the Ward is, so yeah its probably not a good idea to blindly trust a guy whose motives are a mystery.
Because Whitefall, or any bad guy for that matter, doesn't talk smack about anybody, mock anybody, or mess with anybody.
No, he is warning his soldiers to keep an eye on him becuase he is more than capable of escaping and killing them.

My point about not trusting him is, he hasn't given any hint that he's trying to redeem himself and only seems interested in getting in Skye's good graces.
Destiny_Gundam

Ward might not have been armed, but we all know how dangerous he is. Skye's gotten better, but I doubt she'd be able to take him down via knockout. Also note she didn't go for a headshot, nor did she finish him off when she had the chance. She took out a dangerous element, simple as that. He may have appeared helpful, and surely he would have gotten her out safely... but then what? Ward's under the delusional idea that Skye belongs to him and by just helping a little bit she should accept him. He could easily hold her captive, and force her to be with him. Force her to become the same sort of monster he is like he wants.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
excalibur2008

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Ward might not have been armed, but we all know how dangerous he is. Skye's gotten better, but I doubt she'd be able to take him down via knockout. Also note she didn't go for a headshot, nor did she finish him off when she had the chance. She took out a dangerous element, simple as that. He may have appeared helpful, and surely he would have gotten her out safely... but then what? Ward's under the delusional idea that Skye belongs to him and by just helping a little bit she should accept him. He could easily hold her captive, and force her to be with him. Force her to become the same sort of monster he is like he wants.
Especially since Whitehall already has a device to do just that.
phillosmaster

Spoiler
No! They had to kill Trip? That guy was great. I loved him and his inherited gadgets. He just liked being a spy. Not a whole lot of baggage, which was refreshing.

I'm okay with Skye being Quake. I didn't like her much to begin with anyway. At least this makes her slightly interesting. I'd sure like the series to focus more on the other characters though.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Wingnut

Admiral on deck!
*snaps to attention*
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Finally got around to watching the latest episode.

Yes, Fitz's performance was astounding this episode; he totally faked me out thinking he was going to be with Jenna about the superpowers thing, and then he comes back and fakes Skye's blood sample an gives his support for her. The trailers for the episode totally lead us to believe that everybody was going to find out right away, so I was surprised that the team went to the end of the episode completely oblivious.

Now, I would have said that the preview for this week's episode indicated that they find out this time, but then there's the episode blurb that says Sif shows up with no memories, so I'd bet that all the lines of "we need to protect ourselves from her" and "if you want her you'll have to go through me" are actually about Sif and not Skye. Though it looks like at least Coulson will be finding out about Skye's powers.

As for Hydra, the leadership may have been gutted, but there's still that one guy who wasn't assassinated out there, and the other branch that has the Maximoff twins, but I'd guess we won't be seeing much of them again this season as this was probably done to clear the stage for whatever this group of superhumans are that took Raina.

But I'm surprised we saw nothing of Ward this week at all after how we saw him left off in the last episode.
excalibur2008

Shinji103 wrote: but I'd guess we won't be seeing much of them again this season as this was probably done to clear the stage for whatever this group of superhumans are that took Raina.
That would be the Inhumans. Which is interesting becuase it means Agents of Shield gets to play with them years before their movie comes.

Oh also the lesson from this episode is to never piss off Phil Coulson, becuase he will END you.
Wingnut

Shinji103 wrote:Now, I would have said that the preview for this week's episode indicated that they find out this time, but then there's the episode blurb that says Sif shows up with no memories, so I'd bet that all the lines of "we need to protect ourselves from her" and "if you want her you'll have to go through me" are actually about Sif and not Skye. Though it looks like at least Coulson will be finding out about Skye's powers.
Spoiler
A bad bet on this day. They are about Skye, one directed AT Lady Sif at that. And now everyone knows about Skye's powers.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103

Huh, so all those scenes from the preview for this episode were about Skye after all. A bit of a fakeout there. ^^b

It sounded like whoever this "backup" is that Bobbi and Mack were talking about and Hunter was asking about, they may be some superpowered people themselves from the way Bobbi was saying they should call them to help with the Kree. Either way we'll probably find out soon, as this season has been doing a good job of not keeping secrets for too long and Mack just had to knock Hunter unconscious to keep his cover from being blown. Clearly that's not a long-term solution.

At least Simmons didn't go all paranoid on Skye for being "infected."

And wow, still nothing on Ward? Whether he comes back to the good guys or not sometime, he's still an important character.
Shinji103

So now we know who Bobbi and Mack are working for: the "real" SHIELD. Apparently a bunch of old SHIELD members were either not pleased with Fury choosing Coulson to pick up the baton, or they were formed Before it was known that Coulson was rebuilding SHIELD himself.

But an interesting thing..........they've recruited Ward?! :twitch:
At least that's what the preview suggested. You know, this could actually explain where Ward has been keeping his brother and parents since he supposedly murdered them.
Wingnut

Shinji103 wrote:But an interesting thing..........they've recruited Ward?! :twitch:
At least that's what the preview suggested. You know, this could actually explain where Ward has been keeping his brother and parents since he supposedly murdered them.
It's not just Ward. They recruited the Admiral as well. Yes folks, this is where EJO comes in.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
excalibur2008

I'm hoping the explanation for the apparent conflict between the two SHIELDs is a good one.

Plus how do we know Ward is with the other SHIELD, he could just be taking over HYDRA, the episode is called Love in the Time of HYDRA after all so I figure they probably are involved in the episode in some capacity.
Shinji103

excalibur2008 wrote:Plus how do we know Ward is with the other SHIELD, he could just be taking over HYDRA, the episode is called Love in the Time of HYDRA after all so I figure they probably are involved in the episode in some capacity.
Ward taking over Hydra? Really? ^^b
Nevermind the fact that he's never been that evil-ambitious, and the fact that he was asking Garret about the two of them pulling out of Hydra, and the fact that he was so quick to turn on Whitehall and Hydra just a few episodes ago, how would this happen? Who in what's left of the other branches of Hydra would accept him as a leader, especially when there's Strucker out there? He only got his position under Whitehall because the (supposed) murder of his family got him some credit, which Ward quickly tossed away when he let the bus go and then backed Skye.

Hydra will certainly have some presence given the title as you say, plus with a big revelation about SHIELD there should be something about Hydra anyway. But they'd haver to pull something from waaaaaaay left field to have Watd suddenly becoming a leader of Hydra.
excalibur2008

Shinji103 wrote: But they'd haver to pull something from waaaaaaay left field to have Watd suddenly becoming a leader of Hydra.
You mean like the fact that he was lasted seen with a dead ringer for the possible MCU version Madam HYDRA.

Besides how much would the heads of HYDRA know about Ward slightly screwing Whitehall over anyway.

Plus it makes way more sense than a SHIELD faction hiring a former HYDRA member whom would have previously betrayed them and killed loyal SHIELD agents.
phillosmaster

I would like to take the time to express how much I hate Mack. Man that guy sucks. I miss Trip.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
SNT1

They're implying May vs Mockingbird this coming Tuesday.

Can we throw some Jell-O on them? :mrgreen:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
phillosmaster

I want to hate new SHIELD so much, but they have Kirk Acevedo and The Admiral on their side. Two actors who are awesome. They are laying the Civil War stuff on pretty thick though huh.
Destiny_Gundam

I find the idea that Skye and Fitz apparently have a movie night adorable.

Back when the show first started I didn't like the idea of Skye/Ward and Fitz/Simmons because it felt too obvious. Fitz had an obvious crush on Skye initially and wanted to see that play out. They had some really great moments together this season so now I'm back on that ship.
SNT1

-May vs Bobbi was pretty good for what it is. With SHIELD/(Ex-SHIELD) agents like Widow, Hawkeye, May, Bobbi and Ward, I wonder how they'd be ranked? I firmly believe everyone has a good chance against anyone in a round robin match.

-Regardless of what I said above, Simmons vs Bobbi. Loved it.

-Instance like Coulson putting Mack on the spot, or Mack seeing Fitz try to reboot the base, I fear that Mack immediately puts them on an impulse chokehold.

-Gordon... I don't know his motives but if he's just putting a likeable front then he's doing a good job

-Events bring Fitzsimmons back closer again---they might create the glove to "safely" weaponize Skye's powers

-Also, Skye's powers is Avengers-worthy unchecked... and kudos her inadvertently ramming a tree in Agent Dick's shoulder. I hope Bobbi's allegiance to Olmos Shield wavers, after specifically saying "ICERS only"

-I hope Hunter doesn't Tripp out, him and Fitz are my 2 favorite characters right now
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Destiny_Gundam

Bravo FitzSimmons. Bravo.