The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

BrentD15 wrote:
Soma Taozi wrote:^Was kinda amazing. Strange, but amazing.
I know, right?

How often do you see people that were just fighting each other crammed into a small space together? And then forming this coalition?

I just gotta say, I'm liking this series more and more. :D
This series is insane and confusing but Ideon was more so, and that's like my favorite mecha anime...
So I guess I'm saying that it's still hella charming.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Wingnut

Compass wrote:If someone told me we were going to try and kill the enemy capital ship under the guise of a white flag, I wouldn't participate.
Not to mention that such an action is considered a WAR CRIME in the real world.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
gunform1010

Wingnut wrote:
Compass wrote:If someone told me we were going to try and kill the enemy capital ship under the guise of a white flag, I wouldn't participate.
Not to mention that such an action is considered a WAR CRIME in the real world.
Really? According to what, the Geneva Convention?

latenlazy

Klim Nick is...an Idiottt *facepalm*.

Seems like Earthnoid Spacenoid racism still exists. Furthermore, it seems like there are factions with Spacenoids. We finally have some idea of what Rayhunton means!
Spoiler
Maybe Rairaya is a Rayhunton? Or maybe Bellri and Aida are orphans from the Rayhunton family?
Also, crappy soldiers because militaries haven't been around for a while all but confirmed.
Last edited by latenlazy on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calubin_175

Wellman wrote:Yeah, aside from some fairly impressive showings in mecha battle (all losses or draws since after his first intro episode) and moments of strategic awareness here and there he hasn't lived up to the title "Genius" as often as it is thrown out there. He seems smarter then his father but he really wouldn't be alive if he didn't have Bellri on his side, multiple times over.

Still one of my favorites on this show, even if he is a bit of a dope.
Most of these little kids in Reconguista actually do act their age, unlike all the idealistic teenagers we've seen in other sci-fi shows. And I am pretty sure that Klim does find combat as somewhat of a joke most of the time.
Mythgarr

So we have come to this: The spacenoids think that the earthnoids are all stupid and backward and must be whipped to shape while the earthnoids think that the spacenoids are arrogant and all-controlling. Klim Nick blurted out Reconguista and so we have came to the main storyline of the series: Earthnoids versus Spacenoids. Like all other Gundam shows not based on toylines :D

One thing that intrigues me is that the general said that the earthnoids are being prepared, but their rebellious nature threaten to destroy the preparation. So, preparation for what purpose?
Visit The Dreams
Deacon Blues

So I decided to sit down and marathon this show and... it's pretty much a joke. There are so many issues with this show it's hard to tell where to begin:

- Classic 'kid magically knows how to pilot a super powerful suit' (aren't we don't with this yet?)
- Classic 'main suit has hax abilities that pilot can't explain or doesn't know how he did it
- Suit has more backpacks that you can shake a stick at that "magically work" thanks to a "universal standard" yet won't work on other suits...
- Plot is where? There is no standardize plot as to what is going on. There's another faction that's been mentioned (Gondowan or whatever but they've yet to appear). Plus there's a lot of name dropping to certain things yet no one bothers explaining (and there's no signs of any explanation coming)
- The kid is "captured" by pirates but has free reign to do whatever he wants on the ship despite not being an actual member of the "pirates". Saving their butts aside... it still isn't the point.
- Said pirates don't bother using him as a bargaining chip against the Capital Guard/Territory/Army despite everyone wanting to get him back for some odd reason
- Said pirates have the Operations Director for the Capital Tower on their side for a bit and they somehow just "get along"... all because of some conference long ago. Yet despite getting along they have no qualms about killing one another in battle. Something is fishy here... Not to mention the "well we're going to help you despite not wanting to help you"
- The "taboo" cliche is just... really?
- The Pope is held in high regard yet he seems pretty buddy buddy with some people... not to mention the fact that in one sentence they're speaking with polite vernacular and the next it's all "screw keigo! it's say whatever".
- The scene when the folks from the moon show up and everyone just barges in and starts talking over one another was just... "what?"
- The Capital Army/whatever seems to roll out suits a la monster of the week...

Unless I'm missing something, I don't get the "omg this show is amazing!!!111" commentary that people seem to be giving it. I know Tomino is doing a lot himself, but since I haven't seen a lot of his other shows like Ideon, Gainer and Brain Powered, am I just missing something and this is just... the way he does stuff? 0_o;
iCards

Deacon Blues wrote:So I decided to sit down and marathon this show and... it's pretty much a joke. There are so many issues with this show it's hard to tell where to begin:

- Classic 'kid magically knows how to pilot a super powerful suit' (aren't we don't with this yet?)
- Classic 'main suit has hax abilities that pilot can't explain or doesn't know how he did it
- Suit has more backpacks that you can shake a stick at that "magically work" thanks to a "universal standard" yet won't work on other suits...
- Plot is where? There is no standardize plot as to what is going on. There's another faction that's been mentioned (Gondowan or whatever but they've yet to appear). Plus there's a lot of name dropping to certain things yet no one bothers explaining (and there's no signs of any explanation coming)
- The kid is "captured" by pirates but has free reign to do whatever he wants on the ship despite not being an actual member of the "pirates". Saving their butts aside... it still isn't the point.
- Said pirates don't bother using him as a bargaining chip against the Capital Guard/Territory/Army despite everyone wanting to get him back for some odd reason
- Said pirates have the Operations Director for the Capital Tower on their side for a bit and they somehow just "get along"... all because of some conference long ago. Yet despite getting along they have no qualms about killing one another in battle. Something is fishy here... Not to mention the "well we're going to help you despite not wanting to help you"
- The "taboo" cliche is just... really?
- The Pope is held in high regard yet he seems pretty buddy buddy with some people... not to mention the fact that in one sentence they're speaking with polite vernacular and the next it's all "screw keigo! it's say whatever".
- The scene when the folks from the moon show up and everyone just barges in and starts talking over one another was just... "what?"
- The Capital Army/whatever seems to roll out suits a la monster of the week...

Unless I'm missing something, I don't get the "omg this show is amazing!!!111" commentary that people seem to be giving it. I know Tomino is doing a lot himself, but since I haven't seen a lot of his other shows like Ideon, Gainer and Brain Powered, am I just missing something and this is just... the way he does stuff? 0_o;
Tomino's scripts and characters are weird especially Zeta and beyond. The original Gundam series is probably the only one of his shows that I have seen where someone familiar with anime, but not with Tomino can sit through it without going "WTF?!" a lot of the time. I have seen Zeta about 5 different times, not because I like it that much, and I still don't understand a lot of the actions some of his characters take. For all of the talk the MAHQ reviewers put in Tomino's Gundams, G-Reco is averaging 3.5 to 4 on MAHQ right now, his characters do some stupid stuff and sometimes they have mood-swings just to suit the episode (Kamille).

Tomino's Mech battles have always been great. No matter the show or the decade he always comes up with imaginative fights, and sometimes disturbing scenarios when civilians are caught between mechs, look at the first 10 minutes of F-91 for that.
Kyuzo Aoi

I checked the G-Reco site, and saw:
Spoiler
Characters from Towasanga.

Their uniforms are definitely Zanscare Empire descended.

It reflects on their mobile suit design. They look like bug-heads.
I am a Gundam!
balofo

New OP will debut tomorrow
gunform1010

balofo wrote:New OP will debut tomorrow
PLEASE don't let it be consisted of stock footage.

Deathzealot

Well that was an interesting episode I believe. We finally got Rairaya's real name in this, and it looks like she is starting to recover. She is talking with both Bellri, and Aida. Not to mention it looks like she is going to be back in the cockpit this next episode. Cannot wait. Also I managed to get a good count of Megafauna's mobile suits in this episode: Three Recksnow, one or two Grimoire, one regular Jahannam, and the two G-Units. It also seems like the Space Garaden still carries several Catsiths, its interesting that they no longer have the flight backpack and are now basically CA Mook suits now being seen destroyed.

The new opening is a bit different but I am loving the singer, I already went and listen to her version of Let it go and I love it both in Japanese and English. Though sadly they are stilling using regular stock footage in the opening but still an interesting opening all around.

All that said an interesting episode, all around, and I cannot wait till the next episode for things are starting to become really interesting.
Calubin_175

Spoiler
Towasanga MS team dropped like flies in this episode. Are they trying to show that Dorette's fleet is not an aggressor/antagonist and those three ships trying to visit Towasanga are?
One good thing about G-Reco is that good and evil factions aren't easily defined. Past UC Gundam shows presented the antagonist as the ones who harm civilians within the early episodes. Looks like our protagonists will be the ones doing the invasion in the next episode.
Wellman

gunform1010 wrote:
balofo wrote:New OP will debut tomorrow
PLEASE don't let it be consisted of stock footage.

But of course it would consist of mainly stock footage. Sadly stuff we've already seen and a heavy emphasis on Aida.

New episode has promise but I can see why some people are confused by the story. We have multiple factions joining together, battling or offering one another alliances and the main crux is subtle invasions rather then climatic two parties conflicts that made up previous Gundam shows.

Can't wait to see more about Raraiya now that she has mostly regained her senses. But the Dellensen thing still annoys me.
latenlazy

Wellman wrote:But the Dellensen thing still annoys me.
I'm ready to say they dropped the ball on that one. I love where this story is going, but there are details in execution that niggle me.
HellCat

I've somehow grown to give Reco an amazing amount of leeway, especially considering how brutal I was to it initially. It's a double standard on my part but I'm just taking it as it comes. Maybe it's because I've got enough bad stuff going on in reality that I can't hold it against Reco for being whimsical or weird. It's not reinventing the wheel but it feels like the kind of story that works for Gundam right now.

There's stuff I wish they'd do better but I'm enjoying it for the most part. Try seems to be getting a much harsher reception from me because I can't even really call it fun. Reco at least feels charmingly retro, while Try carries the spectre of modern commercial push.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
balofo

Ep 15 spoilers
Spoiler
-G-Self is known as YG(Yasuda Gundam) in Towasanga
-Assault Pack is for long range sniper mission, Rockpie mentions Newtypes as he is attacked by it
-G-Self takes down 2 Arinkatos
-Rockpie mentions it's not Raraya piloting the G-Self
-Raraya uses the red Moran which was the one Ringo used and protects Megafauna
-Salamandra and Megafauna dock at separate ports in Towasanga
-Klim and Mick are captured
-G-Self, Arcane and Recksnow arrive at Raraya's home town
-Raraya belongs to the Resistance
-Rayhunton house helps the Resistance with tech
-Ep 16 title confirms Bell and Aida are siblings
-Towasanga's shield has a field generator
-Klim and Mask confirm to survive until ep 25(final ep) and to get new MS soon at a certain place
-Tomino confirms Mick is the best girl
-Towasanga has a 3 way conflict: Government, Dorette's Fleet and the Resistance
-Something will happen to Garanden. Manny...
-
monster

balofo wrote:Ep 15 spoilers
Spoiler
-Ep 16 title confirms Bell and Aida are siblings
If this ends up being true, then best news ever, well maybe.
Calubin_175

Spoiler
So it is likely for Rockpie to be a candidate for either the Gaeon or G Lucifer. It won't be surprising if the final stage reverts back to earth.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I am normally very forgiving of second openings to animes (since they often don't compare to the first) but wow, I do not like the new op. If you were going to just keep using stock footage from previous episodes, why not just keep the first one? It had a better song anyway.

That aside, anyone else wondering if Manny Ambassada will eventually pilot an MS near the end of the series considering her comment in this episode about wanting to pilot? However given the track record of female pilots in Gundam, I doubt it will end well for her.

And speaking of her character, I was taking a look at her information on the Gundam Wiki and I saw something interesting under her information: "She is Luin's girlfriend and like Noredo, she's a student at Saint Flower Academy."

Yes I know the Gundam wiki is FAR from credible, but is this information accurate? Because if so...that adds a TON of questions about her and Luin. Although it does explain her attachment to the masked man/food. Can anyone share some light on this?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020