The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Spoiler
The other big reveal, of course, is that there's a character name Junya who's apparently a Jigen Haoh practitioner, which explains why characters like Akira and Adou are familiar with it. Wonder if he'll turn out to be Sekai's "sempai", his master, or something else entirely.
I'm guessing it's his rival, to see who's Jigen Haoh is stronger at the final round. :P
Spoiler
It'll obviously be Sekai's, but one can dream... :oops:
Ryujin wrote:I quite enjoyed the
Spoiler
DEAD END FINGAAAAAH!!!
Same here. I love how creative that Gundam is in its design. :D

Also, I'm sorry if I'm a little late on joining in on the fun, but I haven't been receiving e-mail notifications from subscribed threads. :?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

Spoiler
Good for Caroline, being the CEO? representative? of Yajima Trading. And if Nils knows everything about Plavsky Particles, then hopefully we have an opportunity for a crazy teleporter in the future.

This episode might as well be called "The Series of Curbstomps". That was brutal. Also wonder what team Yuuma's behated 8) is on.

Woo, the Meijin is back in action. And next week we'll see Lady in action hopefully...

Yuuma will probably not wimp out due to some motivation by either his team, Meijin, Mr. Ral, or Lady...

I really hope for the best battle amongst Junya and Sekai.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
YokozunaBulldozer

Strike Zero wrote: The name of Saga's Gundam is Gundam The End. Is there a Gundam DECADE somewhere, waiting in the wings? :wink:
It needs more cyan :mrgreen:

But then again maybe. Heck, that scene where Nils and his younger self overlapping was SO Gokaiger which happens to be the 35th show of its franchise.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
balofo

Yuuki has been World Champion 3 times in a row!
YokozunaBulldozer

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Spoiler
I'm with Yokozuna in thinking that Adou is NOT, in fact, the Hell Hydra pilot who wrecked Yuuma two years ago. Even if he has the same voice actor, his physical appearance is completely different and his personality doesn't quite match up.
Spoiler
For me it was the close-up of the chin that gave it away.
AmuroNT1 wrote:
Spoiler
When the flamenco music started up at the end of the episode, I totally sat there going "No f-ing way!" until the Red Warrior appeared. Hell of an entrance, Yuuki. :) Wonder if he interfered because he got fired up by the battle, if he was trying to stop Adou from wholesale destroying the Build Burning, or if he was showing some sympathy for people from his old school. Maybe he recognized Sekai from the regional qualifiers and saved the Burning because he wants to see how far its user can go. But again, that's a question for another week.
Spoiler
Yes, that was unexpected.
I knew they were releasing the kit around next month, but I did not expect it to debut this quickly.
Regarding Amazing Red Warrior, Obari tweeted that he pictured a 'god pose' when drawing the Amazing Red Warrior's advent scene. :D
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
balofo

Adou is confirmed to be the one that bullied Yuuma on the official profile.

Just got a haircut
Mythgarr

Now this is more like it, things escalate, heroes got curbstomped, and a god in red arrives.
Man, that music at first made me think: NO WAY, THAT GUY? Then I realized that, OH MY GOD, NOT THAT GUY, BUT THAT GUY! Then plavsky miracles happened and then I was giggling like bridge bunnies :)
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

balofo wrote:Yuuki has been World Champion 3 times in a row!
Source is official website? Well, if this is true Sei's not always a winner... he at least won the Thirteenth...

Mythgarr

Strike Zero wrote:ANIME JA NAI

Anime ja nai

HONTO NO KOTO SAAAAAAAAAA

The name of Saga's Gundam is Gundam The End. Is there a Gundam DECADE somewhere, waiting in the wings? :wink:
I'd rather prefer Gundam Decayed
Visit The Dreams
mobiusdiablo

The name of Saga's Gundam is Gundam The End. Is there a Gundam DECADE somewhere, waiting in the wings?
Or if there's a Nirvash Gundam somewhere but that's less likely. Still like how weird it is, reminds me of the Reaper from Persona 3 and 4 (probably that gun). Also, while I'm probably completely off base, The End's movement and the fact it never leaves the ground or loses the cape invokes the image of it having hover legs ala old Armored Core games down there. Granted, it's a silly thought due to pretty much everything save for super-heavy Mobile Suits or certain Mobile Armors in Gunpla Battle seems to be able to fly.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
balofo

Saga and the The End saved this shows, I've watched the battle 4 times already.

Really fucking good, hoping this isn't a one time deal
Kuruni

gunform1010 wrote:And if Nils knows everything about Plavsky Particles, then hopefully we have an opportunity for a crazy teleporter in the future.
There's good chance that Yajima's Plavsky particle is somewhat different to one made from Arista stone...

I don't say it's impossible, but I don't have high hope either.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Dark Duel

Y'know, it's still my second least favorite of his Gunpla so far, but the Amazing Red Warrior is kinda starting to grow on me.
Also, on a certain level it seems fitting for him to use a variant of the Perfect Gundam III - given first, his original nom de guerre, and second, his current status as the Third Meijin Kawaguchi.

On another note, I kinda hate The End. I don't like the aesthetics of it, and I hate that name. The last machine I know of to have borne that name was a lot cooler looking IMO, and bore it much better. Also, I just plain hate that guy.
At the same time, the first encounter since the last time was guaranteed to end badly for Yuuma. As much as I love the Lightning Gundam - and I really do, it's my favorite of Team Try Fighters' mobile suits - I'm really curious to see what he can come up with next. And frankly, I'm hoping the next encounter, they utterly humiliate that guy - I don't even want to bother remembering his name.
NEXT episode, however, is the one I'm truly curious about. Not the least because there's yet another reunion in store, I see. Another humiliating defeat? I hope not, but either way this battle's gonna be badass.
All in all, another pretty great episode IMHO. I am, BTW, particularly curious as to who Junya is. Is it Sekai's master, or a former pupil of the same? The latter, I think, is somewhat likelier, as Sekai himself is so far the only one of the three without a true rival.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
gunform1010

Kuruni wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:And if Nils knows everything about Plavsky Particles, then hopefully we have an opportunity for a crazy teleporter in the future.
There's good chance that Yajima's Plavsky particle is somewhat different to one made from Arista stone...

I don't say it's impossible, but I don't have high hope either.
DON'T JINX MY HOPES FOR A BB VS BEGINNING FIGHT
Dark Duel wrote:BTW, particularly curious as to who Junya is. Is it Sekai's master, or a former pupil of the same? The latter, I think, is somewhat likelier, as Sekai himself is so far the only one of the three without a true rival.
The Senpai Rival eh?
Spoiler
So, is it Kei or Adou who rekt Yuu?

Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DoubleZero

Gunpla seems to have higher standards now compared to 7 years ago.
It's like tech advancement, but for plastic models.

Build Burning is considered World level, its mobility was compared to Star Build Strike, but it got curbstomped by Gundam The End.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Kyuzo Aoi

Spoiler
I predict in the next episode:

The End would dodge and fend off attacks from Amazing but it will be outsmarted by Meijin. Tatsuya knows who's Saga's coach is. Adou might concede or deliberately make his Gundam out of bounds to prevent further damage. Or have Meijin have fight off The End like that the Thrones did to Agrissa in 00. And then...Meijin would turn on Team Try and curbstomp them and deliver a speech on how they are still not good for him.

And then we will see Lady. I am sure she will be Fumina's main opponent in the series, as Saga is for Yuuma.
I am a Gundam!
Wingnut

Back when episode 5 aired I mentioned that I would probably get used to Ral's new voice actor eventually. This episode is that point where I realized that.

While I know that the 3v3 format is for story/plot purposes, I would like to know the in-universe reason for this becoming the standard over the years since Yagima's takeover of the tournament.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
monster

Wingnut wrote:While I know that the 3v3 format is for story/plot purposes, I would like to know the in-universe reason for this becoming the standard over the years since Yagima's takeover of the tournament.
So far, we've only seen the rules for the U-19 division, so maybe it's just to promote teamwork among these youths.
gunform1010

monster wrote:
Wingnut wrote:While I know that the 3v3 format is for story/plot purposes, I would like to know the in-universe reason for this becoming the standard over the years since Yagima's takeover of the tournament.
So far, we've only seen the rules for the U-19 division, so maybe it's just to promote teamwork among these youths.
Either that or it could be give them a chance against... aces like Sei and co.