The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Strike Zero wrote:Kabuto's Rider Kick will always been tops for me.
Especially Climax Heroes version...
My girlfriend was a loli.
AmuroNT1

If we're going to bring video games into this, I must mention Dark Kabuto's PS2 Rider Kick.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
gunform1010

AmuroNT1 wrote:If we're going to bring video games into this, I must mention Dark Kabuto's PS2 Rider Kick.
Speak of videogames-

Let's see, obviously we want to go for a Skylanders format for Gunpla Battle but what about customizability? Microchips built into the Gunpla or something?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Mythgarr

um...why not using RIFD or QR code somewhere in the parts?
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Mythgarr wrote:um...why not using RIFD or QR code somewhere in the parts?
Swell, just gotta make it smaller. Nanomachines? :P However, that wouldn't address custom paint jobs. :(
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Mythgarr

Or optical recognition? It's been progressing progressively lately, able to recognize faces, places, etc etc, so why not gunpla parts and custom paints?
Visit The Dreams
Wingnut

Mythgarr wrote:Or optical recognition? It's been progressing progressively lately, able to recognize faces, places, etc etc, so why not gunpla parts and custom paints?
That is essentially how Gunpla Builders did it's gunpla scanning prior to battle.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
YokozunaBulldozer

Wingnut wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:Or optical recognition? It's been progressing progressively lately, able to recognize faces, places, etc etc, so why not gunpla parts and custom paints?
That is essentially how Gunpla Builders did it's gunpla scanning prior to battle.
And Plamo "Big Daddy Kane" Kyoshiro too
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
YokozunaBulldozer

AmuroNT1 wrote:If we're going to bring video games into this, I must mention Dark Kabuto's PS2 Rider Kick.
Quagmire approves of this
YokozunaBulldozer

Spoiler
So we are tricked once again.
Adou is not the culprit.
That close-up of the chin was there for a reason.

So now we know a certain Junya and jigen haoh are linked.

RED WARRIOR!!!

Homage of the day:
"Life-sized" Hi-Mock homages VOTOMS

I cannot help but think that the scene where Nils and his younger-self overlaps is from the 35th super sentai show Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger aka Pirate Task Force Gokaiger specifically the scenes where the sentai alumni are introduced and their masks overlap their face

Shin Matsunaga and his White Wolf title. Nice.

The descending of Red Warrior is very O Gundam
Xenosynth

Cameo list for this week:
I usually skip on background models that are tiny/undetailed but eh, did a few this week, and of course, not including the customs shown in the episode:
Spoiler
Really liked that Psycommu Dom, with the Jagd Doga inspired funnels and the Psycommu Zaku arms. Ad yessss, glad I was right about the custom Zaku being a Shin Matsunaga, literal White Wolf of Zeon inspired design, sad that it couldn't do much though.
Ryujin

I quite enjoyed the
Spoiler
DEAD END FINGAAAAAH!!!
Gundam420

I gotta admit, while I don't hate this episode (and I've been somewhat forgiving towards this series), this is probably my least favorite episode so far. That massive exposition dump upon meeting Team White Wolf went on way too long, it almost felt like filler. I'm starting to get annoyed with Sekai's signature moves now, but at least it's refreshing to see Adou beat them.

Can't wait to see what Yuuki's Red Warrior can do, though I gotta say it doesn't look that much different from the original.
Last edited by Gundam420 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Kuruni

Gundam420 wrote:That massive exposition dump upon meeting Team White Wolf went on way too long, it almost felt like filler.
Fully agree with this.

Well, I must say this is first epsidoe that I'm truly disappoint. In the end, it feel more like first half of an episode than being full episode by itself.

On light side, it does open up lot of window to developement, with TRY Fighters finally got beaten badly. I say next episode is the crucial moment to rescue Yuuma's character, since the teaser hint that he will recover instead of just moping around, I think we have some hope.

As weird as it is, Dead End Finger is definity the best moment of this episode. Although not a likable character, Adou's savage attitude make him quite memorable.

One more note, isn't this first time we see an actual Hi-mock? Previously we only see it in 3DCG for training...and somehow this one open itself like AT...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kyuzo Aoi

Spoiler
So Caro-chan and Nils are now married?
I am a Gundam!
Deathzealot

Wait. They didn't know what Seiho Academy was? But I thought that is the school Sei went to during his own time Battling.
PowerdGNFlag

Deathzealot wrote:Wait. They didn't know what Seiho Academy was? But I thought that is the school Sei went to during his own time Battling.
He wasn't battling under the name of the school, so his opponents/everyone else don't have to know that.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
AmuroNT1

I still enjoyed this episode even if it was mostly infodumping for upcoming episodes. Still, a couple of remarks:
Spoiler
I'm with Yokozuna in thinking that Adou is NOT, in fact, the Hell Hydra pilot who wrecked Yuuma two years ago. Even if he has the same voice actor, his physical appearance is completely different and his personality doesn't quite match up.

The other big reveal, of course, is that there's a character name Junya who's apparently a Jigen Haoh practitioner, which explains why characters like Akira and Adou are familiar with it. Wonder if he'll turn out to be Sekai's "sempai", his master, or something else entirely.

When the flamenco music started up at the end of the episode, I totally sat there going "No f-ing way!" until the Red Warrior appeared. Hell of an entrance, Yuuki. :) Wonder if he interfered because he got fired up by the battle, if he was trying to stop Adou from wholesale destroying the Build Burning, or if he was showing some sympathy for people from his old school. Maybe he recognized Sekai from the regional qualifiers and saved the Burning because he wants to see how far its user can go. But again, that's a question for another week.

I'd be amazed if Team White Wolf was anything more than a speedbump along the road. Besides Matsunaga, the other two members were just loudmouthed jerks who got their comeuppance from Adou. Of course, I also wonder what the damage setting was in this battle.

Finally, Fumina and Sekai singing "Anime Ja Nai" amused the hell out of me. :D I wonder if Sekai's been watching Gundam shows as part of his training.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Strike Zero

ANIME JA NAI

Anime ja nai

HONTO NO KOTO SAAAAAAAAAA

The name of Saga's Gundam is Gundam The End. Is there a Gundam DECADE somewhere, waiting in the wings? :wink:

I like how Yuuma's response to his strategy against not working was to go one step short of curling into a ball on the floor. Dude needs to visit a therapist, or something. :lol:

And are my ears deceiving me? Has Sugita finally broken through and landed a role in Gundam ? Will wonders never cease!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.